kahir88

A mercenary's story: Part V

A mercenary's story: Part V

If you missed, here is the previous parts: 

A mercenary's story: Part I

A mercenary's story: Part II

A mercenary's story: Part III

A mercenary's story: Part IV

Days passed since Conrad had blood on his hands. After that day, he becomes an official member, of the army. The leader employed him, as his squire. He kept his armor clean, and his weapons sharp. He allowed the boy, to sleep in his tent, so the others can't bother him. After the first month, he received his first payment. Conrad never saw that many coins. Actually, he never saw any...

32206628047_f679a00754.jpg

In return, later he taught him. First, reading and writing, after that, strategies, tactics, and the arts of war. The boy was happy, after many years, he found his place in the world.

47148579461_1e1e94ddd9.jpg

After a few months, he was allowed, to train with the other soldiers.  Conrad was trained in every type of weapons. From swords to archery, he tried to master them all. He even was able, to learn some use of exotic weapons too.

32206627337_b65e977531.jpg

47148577681_07d4cbc1dd.jpg

The others started to like the boy. His spirit was inspiring to others too, to everyone become better. Many days had passed, they become weeks, and weeks become months. The months become years, and finally, a decade has passed. The boy was not a boy anymore, but a young man. Trained in the arts of war.

40183620273_4579962989.jpg

Conrad becomes the leaders most favorited soldier. Later he was tasked, to go on recruit missions. During that time, he earned his title: Conrad the Sly. He earned it, with the methods, he used, to persuade the new recruits, to join.

47148576861_e1975e4302.jpg

Again, another few years have passed. Conrad becomes more experienced and becomes more valuable to the army.

46425153364_276b28d433.jpg

The leader even chose him, to become one of his generals. He ordered his own recruited soldiers in battles. In fact, his men were trained not to face the enemies face to face. He preferred a more subtle approach, to deal with his enemies.

47148586801_d488993da8.jpg

But every good has to end somehow. A soldiers life is always full of wars and conflicts. It was the time when Revolword rebelled, and he released the elemental monsters to conquer Historica. The mercenaries were hired too, by the lords of Historica to help defeat this threat. For them, it was easier to send former criminals to die, then their own men.

47148585801_d4c8326129.jpg

A battle against the elemental monsters and their masters was the mercenaries last battle. During their last battle, the leader was killed, and many of the soldiers used this, to abandon the fight in the chaos. After the disaster, the remaining generals of the army wasn't able to choose a new leader among them, so they decided to disband the remnants of the army.

47148582631_5dd829de33.jpg

Many of Conrad's recruits wanted to follow him. He planned to go home, show his parents what he has become after many years. And after that, he could start adventuring.

The story will end here.

Edited by kahir88

Nice builds mate, especially the tents and that golem (which I never would have noticed in the first picture :grin:)!  But more than anything else, I really love what you've done with your story - first, starting your character as a child and building all his way up is an ingenious and very clever way to tell his story and really give your sig-fig some excellent background (I'll definitely try that out next time I join an RPG if I get the chance!), and secondly, I've loved following your own story, which has been very interesting and entertaining all along.  This very much reminds me of my first days in GoH and a lot of the stuff that happened here back then, and that is definitely a great thing :thumbup:  Keep it up!

Great job, the transition in particular from youth to age is clever and cohesive, and I like the story!  Will there be something new now?  I hope to see you build and write more! 

Thank you, everyone!

On 2/20/2019 at 1:43 AM, Garmadon said:

Nice builds mate, especially the tents and that golem (which I never would have noticed in the first picture :grin:)!

Thanks, I thought, it looked damn good, if a huge stone elemental would come out from that rock wall, and wreak havoc among the figures.  So I built him and made the terrain around it. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:47 AM, W Navarre said:

Will there be something new now?

Yes! But first, read the epilogue first, under that I wrote down my next projects. :)

Lovely depiction of elemental monsters - the golem is gorgeous! :thumbup: I think the terrain and the rockwork in the last build are a bit messy, maybe too many colours? Other than that, I've enjoyed reading up the story, which undoubtedly adds to the depth of your character --> in all honesrty, I'm relieved to know Conrad isn't such a bad guy after all! :laugh: I think Laesonar might even like him... :wink:

Cool tents in the first build and you did very well showing Conrad's age progression through various versions of the fig :thumbup:

The various minifig scale golems are excellent, but the big rock one steals the show :classic: