damangos

MOC: Flying Scotsman (with free instructions)

i have the instructions printed out but no idea how i would upload them - if someone can advise how to do that i will help

You wouldn't still have them sitting in your downloads folder by any chance would you? Putting them from paper back into the computer would be too much of a hassle...:head_back:

I've managed to put together an LDD parts list, with a few exceptions. LDD does not seem to have 1x1 brackets, so on the trucks in this model those were replaced with 1x1x2 w/ studs on side. Also, the 2x1x2 bricks in this parts list are dark green instead of just green. One of the 4x4 plates with 2x2 cutout is light grey instead of medium. It took my computer almost an hour to go through all the steps to get this PDF made so I'm not going to regenerate it any time soon but this gets you a list of *almost* everything you need.

Parts list is for the locomotive, tender, and auxiliary tender.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YqtkDdP87d_BeGD4VoUIl8vmNQ0mxDex/view

As another note, the 1x1 cheese pieces in Step 8 interfered with the large gear when I tried to build it IRL. I don't know if there is a newer version of that large gear, but due to that I omitted them in my build.

Da Mangos didn't know what he started on here, lol. But it is an awesome engine, and all credit still goes to him.

Edited by SD100
Link correction

1 hour ago, SD100 said:

I've managed to put together an LDD parts list, with a few exceptions. LDD does not seem to have 1x1 brackets, so on the trucks in this model those were replaced with 1x1x2 w/ studs on side. Also, the 2x1x2 bricks in this parts list are dark green instead of just green. One of the 4x4 plates with 2x2 cutout is light grey instead of medium. It took my computer almost an hour to go through all the steps to get this PDF made so I'm not going to regenerate it any time soon but this gets you a list of *almost* everything you need.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YqtkDdP87d_BeGD4VoUIl8vmNQ0mxDex/view?usp=sharing

As another note, the 1x1 cheese pieces in Step 8 interfered with the large gear when I tried to build it IRL. I don't know if there is a newer version of that large gear, but due to that I omitted them in my build.

Da Mangos didn't know what he started on here, lol. But it is an awesome engine, and all credit still goes to him.

Thank you so much, you do not know how happy this has made me, time to go shopping ? 

Man, I should really have bought all my parts before I posted this... Now were all gonna be fighting for the green on bricklink...

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, SD100 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YqtkDdP87d_BeGD4VoUIl8vmNQ0mxDex/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately; the link for the parts list doesn't work. Anyone else got it please? Thanks!

Amazing work!

Do you have a list part to I check if I have the most of the parts?

Thank you!

Antoine

49116452041_2726f3e349_z.jpg

I found an old 7-wide Emerald Night tender I made back in 2012-ish to go along with my copy of the original set 10194. I am now appropriating that four-wheel tender and whatever remains of that set for a dark green version of the Flying Scotsman as seen above. Should be done by early 2020. ( hope!) Thanks again to @damangos for providing such an awesome resource (and a fine lookin' steamer) to the community!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 2/19/2019 at 10:54 PM, damangos said:

I tried to recreate the Flying Scotsman to the best of my ability. I have also tried to created good looking instructions to go along with my creation. She can become remote controlled with Power Functions/ Powered up really easily with a few modular modifications. I have also uploaded her to LEGO IDEAS.

33265285868_26b1453c96_c.jpgFlying Scotsman LEGO by Da Mangos, on Flickr

46416968624_147bb4486a_c.jpgFlying Scotsman LEGO by Da Mangos, on Flickr

47088432432_3922db31e3_c.jpgFlying Scotsman LEGO by Da Mangos, on Flickr

46416969084_2a2d8f993d_c.jpgFlying Scotsman LEGO by Da Mangos, on Flickr

Here she is without smoke defectors and a double tender.

47088432532_4133620d4c_c.jpgFlying Scotsman LEGO by Da Mangos, on Flickr

These Instructions are NOT to be sold, they are free for everyone. 

Instructions download: 

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AspcbvQ53YKPnzVyiFCVFkgh43-Z

Hope you Enjoy. :classic:

Mate, the link for the instructions no longer works. Think you can help with bringing them back online?

Is there any chance anyone put together a brick link compatible parts list for this that they'd be willing to share?

Edit: @VirusZero, the link above from brick safe (dated 10/1) still works. 

Edited by Dhivael