Sign in to follow this  
Lego David

Review the LEGO Set Above You!

A Topic where you get to review a LEGO theme in a few words and submit a new theme for the next user to review. I will start, the first person will review that theme in a few words and give it  a final out of 10 score, and than that person will submit another theme for review.

EX:

[Review of the theme in a few words]

[/10 score ]

[The theme the next user should review].

A few rules here:

-Only full themes, (no subthemes)

-Your LEGO Theme can be from any year, any period of LEGO.

-Your review of the theme should not be longer than 30 words (because there are quite some people here who like long responses)

-You are just supposed to review the theme according to your personal opinion, not necessary the general community opinion.

-This topic is ONLY about reviewing the themes! If someone under rates your theme, we just move on, we don't start to argue about why the theme is better or worse than that person sayed.

Ok, got it? So, let's start.

I will start with the first theme:

Hidden Side (what we know so far about it)

Edited by Lego David

2 hours ago, Lego David said:

I will start with the first theme:

Hidden Side (what we know so far about it)

Great new original 'in-house' theme with lots of potential, new molds and interesting and creative builds. Don’t really care for the phone aspect but that's optional.

9/10

Next theme: Galidor

The parts were still compatible with Technic a little bit... I have seen some smart people who have managed to make some cool MOCs using them... So this theme has at least something good about it. But in rest, it was way to far away from the LEGO system, it looked more like some random mix n'mash action figures than LEGO. Also let's not forget how it almost killed LEGO.

1\10

Next Theme: Exo Force

On 2/20/2019 at 6:11 PM, Lego David said:

Next Theme: Exo Force

It's a pretty darn cool theme. I do like how it handles the mecha theme well for it's time. And I'm also amazed with some insane sets like the Mobile Devastator or the Bridge Walker!

Great design and aesthetic for its time! But I'll say with building techniques for mech improving in the later years. I have to this theme give a 7.5/10. Still, a dope theme nonetheless!

Alright next theme - The Lego Movie 2.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

23 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Alright next theme - The Lego Movie 2.

To be honest, I don't find anything interesting about it. The first Lego movie had sets like Benny's Spaceship, Castle Cavalarity etc that made Reference to Lots of LEGO themes from Lego's History... And this is what made it stand out compared to other themes of the time. The Lego Movie 2 sets have pretty much nothing if that, except for maybe Benny's Space squad set (which is Probably the best set from the whole theme BTW) just some random odd Looking vehicles that have nothing very appealing to me. It seems that most people love them, but I personally don't find anything interesting about it.

5/10 (this means avarage)

Next Theme: Unikity!

Edited by Lego David

Interesting topic, but I don't think subthemes should be excluded, as some themes have far too many subthemes (take City for example) to review them all together.

Anyway...

15 hours ago, Lego David said:

Next Theme: Unikity!

I personally don't really like it, but the sets certainly are great for parts - I mean, they are just ridiculously colorful sets, and IMO there's not really much else to say...

6/10

Next theme: Fabuland :wink:

Edited by mocbuild101

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Next theme: Fabuland :wink:

It was weird. Apparently there are some people who quite like it, but I personally don't see why. The concept though seems like a early predecessor to Chima. I get that it's a vintage theme, but it doesn't stand out for it's time.

5/10 

Speaking of which...

Next: Chima

13 hours ago, Lego David said:

Speaking of which...

Next: Chima

Well, like Exo-Force, that theme is pretty darn cool, quite a lot of aspect that makes it very interesting like animal headed vehicles and bases. The speedorz is quite a dope concept too. And the show is quite enjoyable to me too.

I'll say that 2013 and 2014 1st half year were the coolest to me personally! Not really a big fan of the Fire and Ice theme but they are still pretty darn cool too nonetheless.

Overall 7.5/10!

Next theme - Forma! (Hehehe)

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

6 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Forma!

Interesting, yet unnecessary in my opinion. Those paper parts used as the cover for the fish are a  odd choice. Maybe some people will like it, but I don't think we really needed it.

6/10

Nexo Knights

On 2/25/2019 at 4:11 AM, Lego David said:

Nexo Knights

Not gonna lie, not a big fan, felt like they were just trying to make a new Chima, which I also wasn't really that into. All the builds were really weird too, they weren't that interesting at all. I will say that the knight minifigures did look all right, and the Nexo Shield mould has proven super useful in other sets, so it wasn't 100% terrible.

Next Theme: Ninjago (not the movie sets)

3 hours ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Next Theme: Ninjago (not the movie sets)

The best LEGO theme that is still running. While the sets have gotten kinda bland over time, the TV show has greatly improved. Each new season looks like it would be better than the last one. A lot of people who don't really understand the theme want it to end... But I guarantee that if these theme ends, they will never come up with a better one to replace it...

10/10

Next Theme: Agents

19 hours ago, Lego David said:

Next Theme: Agents

Agents has to be one of my favorites themes right next to power miners. As a kid one of the earliest system based set I remember getting was 8631 Jetpack Pursuit and got hooked on the theme. I loved the builds, the orange/black color scheme for the villains contrasted so nicely to the dark blue/light gray of the agents. The theme had a wow factor to 7 year old me and now as an 18 year old those sets still strongly hold to that. 

Agents is a 10/10 for me

Next theme: Tiny Turbos subtheme of Racers 

Tiny Turbos: Lego meets Hot Wheels, Hot Wheels wins.  The theme sure is distinctive compared to Lego's usual fare, and the unusual scale is kinda fun.  Since I'm into air and space rather than tuner cars, it's always been a hard pass for me.

7/10

Next theme (only full themes, unlike Tiny Turbos) - Factory

47 minutes ago, icm said:

Next theme (only full themes, unlike Tiny Turbos) - Factory

A better version of LEGO Ideas, to be honest. Unlike LEGO Ideas where most of the sets are designed by AFOLs, those were actually designed buy actual kids. I would like if LEGO Ideas could do the same, where they accept sets designed by everyone: KFOLs, TFOLs and AFOLS...

9/10

Next Theme: Dino Attack

23 hours ago, Lego David said:

A better version of LEGO Ideas, to be honest. Unlike LEGO Ideas where most of the sets are designed by AFOLs, those were actually designed buy actual kids. I would like if LEGO Ideas could do the same, where they accept sets designed by everyone: KFOLs, TFOLs and AFOLS...

9/10

Next Theme: Dino Attack

I don't really have any sets for that theme but seeing the commercial, I really dig that theme for it's cheesy-like dark tone and savageness.

But I'll give it a 6/10 there.

Next theme: Lego Systems - U.F.O.

34 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

35 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Next theme: Lego Systems - U.F.O.

Alien Ships that look great even today. Those round shapes resemble a UFO perfectly. Better than any theme we have nowdays.

10/10

Next Theme: Atlantis

@Nexogeek I couldn't agree more, Agents was just such a well done theme, with all of the sets having just the right mix of details and play features. I just recently bought the last set to complete my collection of agents, and like you, I still like it just as much as when I was younger.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, Lego David said:

Next Theme: Atlantis

Nice, but to me it seemed like it was too focused on battling sea creatures than Atlantis itself. Still, it did have some nice designs...

7/10

Next theme: Ninja

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

The first Castle Subtheme to give us something different from the castles we grew up with, introducing us to the Asian Medieval Era. And this theme was clearly the inspiration for Ninjago.

10/10

Speaking of Ninjas...

Next Theme: Ninjago

8 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

The first Castle Subtheme to give us something different from the castles we grew up with, introducing us to the Asian Medieval Era. And this theme was clearly the inspiration for Ninjago.

10/10

Speaking of Ninjas...

On 4/12/2019 at 11:10 AM, Lego David said:

Speaking of Ninjas...

I don’t know if this topic is still ongoing but it seemed like fun.

Ninjago is fantastic with many unique and fun builds that blend sci-fi, fantasy and historical architecture in one sprawling action theme. The last several waves of sets have been fantastic.

9/10

Next Theme: Harry Potter

Rich lore, devoted fanbase, immense potential for building and play / Hemmed in by intermittent general interest and primitive building techniques in its first run / Back again for many years?

7/10 (early), 9/10 (modern)

Next theme: Aquazone

An interesting 90s adventure with cool minifigure designs, but I personally despise the gradient styles they used all over the prints. (Because it makes recreating them a pain)

6/10

Next Theme: Discovery

A short lived theme that focused on realistic space rather than the Sci-Fi space we have grown to be used to. While we get a lot of similar to those in LEGO Ideas, I would love it to have it all as a theme rather than a subtheme of Ideas. Really nice sets that you should consider for sure getting if you are a space fan.

7/10

Next Theme: Znap

On June 24, 2019 at 8:06 AM, Lego David said:

Next Theme: Znap

Znap was an interesting theme, with some parts compatible with the Technic line. I had a lot of fun with it, as you can crate a lot of wacky shapes and build at odd angles. I would love to get some more of it, just for the fun of playing around with it. I'd give it a solid 9/10 as I love the uniqueness of it. Speaking of things I would love to get more of, next up is Modulex.

Edited by legostarwars1425

A weird and wacky extension to Lego. It didn’t kick off, Lego needed to stick to what they’ve got instead of dividing their attention. It seems they learnt that. Interesting concept at the very least. 4/10

Collectible Minifigure Series