Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

Hi legoig2000!

That the paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  As samurai-turtle noted, for sharing photos of MOCs and other general items like this, you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr (if you're not using a Lego specific service like Brickshelf, etc.).

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

Hi, as deraven said, we don't have space for uploading more than an avatar image. Also, this thread would be better placed in the Help section, so I'll shuffle it over there.

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Hallo, zoals Deraven al zei, we hebben geen ruimte om meer dan een avatarafbeelding te uploaden. Ook zou deze thread beter in de Help-sectie kunnen worden geplaatst, dus ik schuif het daar naartoe.

That is no Longer necessary, my moc is already there. Thank you.

In which website can I upload photos to be seen in this forum.

That is not flickr

Edited by Bony_em

I used brickshelf. It might take a day or two to get pictures approved for general viewing. But if you deeplink the pictures (all you have to do with that is click on the picture until it is just the picture then copy and paste the "address") the site should automatically put the picture up in the post. 

Hi, in my latest post I'm not able to add pictures. When I choose the filed from drive it comes an error message, and it's impossible to load the picture.

Which could be the problem?

I tried with different file dimension and different browsers, but Always the same message.

Thanks for the help

Bye

Matteo

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr, if not using a Lego-focussed image hosting service.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

That really sucks... why to impose such a limit? And on top of that the 100K limit is by topic, so you cannot even reply to add more pictures :-(

Eurobricks is a fan run site funded by ads, we can't afford to be an image host as well as a forum. The 100k limit is to allow you to upload an avatar to the site if needs be.

There are a lot of external image hosts out there, it is not too much hassle to upload images elsewhere and then deeplink them here. 

Adding the image via a Flickr link is really easy and allows you to keep the image at a good resolution. Adding it this way also resizes them to view properly on the forum. People can then click on the image and be taken to view your Flickr account.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to upload my Flickr pictures. i follow the procedure as before copy & paste the picture's link from Flickr, but I keep getting stuck to the attached picture.

The panel's background turns to light red and the "insert into post" tab doesn't react. Tried with small sizes and even small pics ~300KB, still doesn't upload. Any ideas please?

Eurobricks.png

24 minutes ago, George Lego said:

Hi guys!

I'm trying to upload my Flickr pictures. i follow the procedure as before copy & paste the picture's link from Flickr, but I keep getting stuck to the attached picture.

The panel's background turns to light red and the "insert into post" tab doesn't react. Tried with small sizes and even small pics ~300KB, still doesn't upload. Any ideas please?

Eurobricks.png

Hello

Did you take the photo link from the "All Sizes" page? The live photostream link will not post into the forum properly. If you use the "Download" button on the image and select "All sizes", then choose the photo size you want; copy the location and you can paste it directly into the forum.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, George Lego said:

Problem solved at once using the "Download" button!

Even got to upload more decent "dimension-wise" pictures!

Thank you very very much! :wink::thumbup:

On 11/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, George Lego said:

Hi, @gryphus. To upload photos to the forum, you must first upload it to a separate image hosting website such as Imgur, Flickr, etc. From there you have to copy the image address and paste it to the box where you type. 

I keep trying to post photos of a moc and it keeps saying that my images are too big and that I have a limit of only .01 MB for picture size.  How do I fix this?

15 hours ago, Greenstar said:

I keep trying to post photos of a moc and it keeps saying that my images are too big and that I have a limit of only .01 MB for picture size.  How do I fix this?

The uploader is for an avatar only, so a small image. Eurobricks is not an image host.

For MOC photos, you need to use an external image host and then link the photos here. Plenty of people use Flickr and I have had success linking from Instagram also. 

Hi, the image upload is only allowing 10k max, yesterday it was allowing 100k or .1MG, do you know why this changed?

48 minutes ago, Rscheck26 said:

Hi, the image upload is only allowing 10k max, yesterday it was allowing 100k or .1MG, do you know why this changed?

That might be Invision updates, it might be you have had a rank increase? 

Whatever it is, the space is for an avatar, nothing more.