Sign in to follow this  
sebathorus

Greetings from Romania

Hello everyone,

I'm Seba and I found this community looking for information on new Lego power functions hubs. After satisfy my initial need of knowledge, I started looking around on forums and I decided this is a place I'll visit often :classic:

My area of interest was so far Mindstorms/Technic/powered stuff but I feel that will expand in near future. Unlike many of you, I came in contact with Lego world only a couple of years ago thanks to my daughters, that being said, I guess you can imagine what was the chosen theme... After I participate to building process of a couple of pink/purple/etc houses and some adventure trees, I thought Lego gotta have something for boys too... Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable experience, but, was time to move on to things that buzz and move. 

That being said, I discovered Lego Mindstorms having the buzz AND the brains I liked.  At that moment, I was quite comfortable with building and programming Arduino and RaspberryPi, and being mostly a scratch builder, Mindstoms solution feels somehow lacking on sensors and actuators. But I found quickly it compensate on the large variety of gears, wheels, axles and other parts coming nicely together. 

Back to Eurobricks, I found here a lot of knowledge on Lego stuff, building skills and wonderful ideas. I really like these building games/adventures, especially the ones in Star Wars universe. I'm looking forward to get some proper bricks (aside from Friends ones) and join the show :excited:

All the best

-=Seba=-

Welcome to EB, Seba!  I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here, and we're happy to have you.  Happy building!  :classic:

2 hours ago, sebathorus said:

Hello everyone,

I'm Seba and I found this community looking for information on new Lego power functions hubs. After satisfy my initial need of knowledge, I started looking around on forums and I decided this is a place I'll visit often :classic:

My area of interest was so far Mindstorms/Technic/powered stuff but I feel that will expand in near future. Unlike many of you, I came in contact with Lego world only a couple of years ago thanks to my daughters, that being said, I guess you can imagine what was the chosen theme... After I participate to building process of a couple of pink/purple/etc houses and some adventure trees, I thought Lego gotta have something for boys too... Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable experience, but, was time to move on to things that buzz and move. 

That being said, I discovered Lego Mindstorms having the buzz AND the brains I liked.  At that moment, I was quite comfortable with building and programming Arduino and RaspberryPi, and being mostly a scratch builder, Mindstoms solution feels somehow lacking on sensors and actuators. But I found quickly it compensate on the large variety of gears, wheels, axles and other parts coming nicely together. 

Back to Eurobricks, I found here a lot of knowledge on Lego stuff, building skills and wonderful ideas. I really like these building games/adventures, especially the ones in Star Wars universe. I'm looking forward to get some proper bricks (aside from Friends ones) and join the show :excited:

All the best

-=Seba=-

Welcome to Eurobricks, Seba!

Thanks for introducing yourself. I hope to see you around the boards often :classic: