TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Steamboat Willie

Bought this one last night, but already gonna change one white brick, those one to attach the steering wheel, now it's a Brick modified 1x2 with a hole with a Technic pin, I bought a Brick modified 1x2 with pin (2458)

And received it today with Lego Ideas number 24, so this one stays closed, my wife ordered a new one today to build...

@Dragunov2, what is the significance of the number on the box? Are they re-issuing with #25? Mine is a #24 also, but has been opened and built.

Both of my stacks stick now and then. I tend to give them a wiggle and that frees them up.

I did have a couple of issues with my set. Mickey's hip seam is off slightly, meaning his right leg is a bit shorter and appears to be skewed inwards. His printing on that leg is also off centre as a result. And one of the 6L white tiles has a black mark on it. I have contacted Lego, and the guy i spoke to said they would send out replacement parts.

Well, Lego said they gonna do a reprint of the boxes with the correct number, I read it somewhere already, but didn't save those page, so yes normally the next batch they gonna make is #25

But I don't think they printed just 100 or 1000 of the #24, but much more, if u look how fast the machine goes to print them

Sweet as. I am not too worried about the numbers on the box, since the set inside will be the same. You are right, there will be a large number of #24 in circulation, and likely will be for some time as I don't think the set is a great seller right now. I could be wrong, and am happy to be corrected.

Lego are replacing my faulty parts, which is good. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

I'm building this set right now and swapped some colored parts (two times 2x8 blue and two times 2x8 red for black ones, cause there are some small gabs and the color leaks through, so replaced those...

Also gonna replace both technic axles for the paddle wheels, with two ones in light bluish grey, cause one is black and the other one is yellow, the yellow one leaks through, so the build has some color if u look closely, but the black one I gonna replace aswell, to have a balance in color on both sides.

At the end, u gonna see a black and white ship, only when u turn it over to see the mecahism u gonna see alot of colors, but no leakages when u just look at it

I thought the ship's wheel was with a hole, but it's with a pin.

I thought in the past there was a ship's wheel with a hole aswell??

Somebody knows this?

Thanks!

Nope, the ship's wheel has always had a pin, as you'll see from this link.  The pin didn't always have slots, but there was never a ship's wheel with a hole to mount over a pin.  Coincidentally, the first appearance of the ship's wheel was in a Fabuland steamboat in 1985.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=4790&in=S&itemYear=1985&ov=Y

Thanks!

So instead of a clean face, we have an ugly pin sticking through the modified brick with hole.

I just finished building the Steamboat Willie and whilst the paddle wheels turn just fine when I move the vehicle along the smokestacks don't move properly. I have triple checked the steps where you build the base of the smokestacks and the bits that hold those bases in place and I dont see anything I could have done wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

On 4/7/2019 at 9:08 PM, quark12000 said:

Anyone else having problems with the rear smokestack sticking, as in not going up and down?

On 1/17/2020 at 4:11 AM, jonwil said:

I just finished building the Steamboat Willie and whilst the paddle wheels turn just fine when I move the vehicle along the smokestacks don't move properly. I have triple checked the steps where you build the base of the smokestacks and the bits that hold those bases in place and I dont see anything I could have done wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

Same thing happened to my build and i'm not sure why because the bottom gears are all functioning properly.

It's a really good set.

53 minutes ago, Rumenapp said:

Same thing happened to my build and i'm not sure why because the bottom gears are all functioning properly.

It's a really good set.

Maybe some gaps between the bricks?