TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Steamboat Willie

10 hours ago, snoozle said:

If they truly are doing a Steamboat Willie proper, they should have Black Pete in it, with tail and all.

Couldn't agree more, but sadly it's very unlikely

I successfully predicted this would be a winner from the review, and I am not upset about it at all. I feel a smaller set will do some good the Lego Ideas after having so many big sets. Exited to see the final product.

The heck? There is a teaser already :oh:

I think they started designing the set as soon as it reached the 10k supporters. 

And Mickey seems to be sporting a new hat?!

How is that posible? 

Someone on IG also claims the release date to be march 23 for VIPs and April 1 in general. A bit earlier than expected, but that's not a reason to complain. Can't wait for the official reveal!

I have just seen a really good picture of the front of the box. It comes with Mickey and Miney. The boat is slightly bigger than the original but to me looks like a much better build.

It‘s still hard to tell if Mickey‘s hat is a new mould... The top part sort of looks like the The One Ring mould, but I might be wrong :grin: The set itself looks much better than the Ideas suggestion :thumbup:

They're at it again with a missing character on a printed tile :laugh_hard: Overall I think it turned out great. The build is way more substantial than the original project yet it retains its general shape rather than make the boat completely screen accurate, which is noticably longer:

th?id=OIP.Tqs3PltgGF5Yn4jjVg6E6gHaGI&pid

€80 though... would be acceptable if they'd added bigfig Pete. Compared to The Flintstones, which have pretty much the same piece count and two more minifigs for €20 less - that's just greed :damn:

39 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

They're at it again with a missing character Compared to The Flintstones, which have pretty much the same piece count and two more minifigs for €20 less - that's just greed :damn:

That’s just Disney. Don’t let that cute mouse fool you. Underneath he’s a shark.

I really like this set. It turned out almost exactly how I wanted it to be. Still I wonder why there are no animals. Anyway the boat looks really good, I'm happy it now actually fits the minifigures (even though Mickey wouldn't be able to fit his hat while behind the helm. Ofcourse the set is missing Pete, but I wasn't really expecting him, just hoping he's in the cmf series 2. Overal a great set, day 1 buy for sure.

40 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Still I wonder why there are no animals.

A bird is included, it sits on a box in the back of the boat :classic:

5 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

I have just seen a really good picture of the front of the box. It comes with Mickey and Miney. The boat is slightly bigger than the original but to me looks like a much better build.

Cute! :thumbup: :classic:

It resembles a set from the 1970's in its blocky construction; but, regarding the box art, why such Plain-Jane text reading Steamboat Willie? :shrug_confused:

Box back view is also available. And it looks that it comes with moving functions! Probably there are wheels hidden in the hull, and when you push it forward paddle wheel is rotating, and funnels are going up and down.

Nice! I like it!

I am kind of surprised they enlarged it so significantly from the original submission.  If it was sold as a smaller set, it would probably fly off the shelves at the Disney gift shops in the parks and associated Lego Stores.  This would appeal to several generations, and I can see this being a hot seller at something that is $30 or less.  At $80, not so much as it is pushed out of the impulse buy range.  Dont get me wrong, I think it is a nice set given the photo and description, and perhaps the value is on par.  Only problem is now, that it is a significant deviation from the original submission and people who would have readily bought a small set for their collection might have to rethink this if it is double or triple the size/price they thought it would be.  

Unlike The Flintstones, this one looks bettet than the original project. 

Im still wondering about the hats. Both of them are new

The reveal of Disney CMF S2 should happen at any minute now

Beautiful set. I would say it will cost around 60-70€. Just like Flintstones.

I really quite like this set and was looking forward to it after hearing it was the next Ideas set. The thing that will make or break this set for me will be the price. While it is unreasonable to believe this, I hope that it is less than $60. Based on the images we've seen it does not look too big and there aren't but two minifigures. Here's to hoping it isn't crazy expensive.

1 hour ago, Henry Bricklider said:

I really quite like this set and was looking forward to it after hearing it was the next Ideas set. The thing that will make or break this set for me will be the price. While it is unreasonable to believe this, I hope that it is less than $60. Based on the images we've seen it does not look too big and there aren't but two minifigures. Here's to hoping it isn't crazy expensive.

It's going to cost 90 dollars and has more than 700 pieces.

Unlike a lot of us, I quite liked the original submission. But the upgraded Lego one is very nice. I'm glad they included both Mickey and Minnie and I think that it will make a great display piece. Hopefully the black and white doesn't scare people away.