TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Steamboat Willie

I will just copy paste this from the CMF thread:

Very very strange, I thought that they didn't approve already owned licenses. Ah well, hope they make it bigger so that you can display figures in/on it. 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

I will just copy paste this from the CMF thread:

Very very strange, I thought that they didn't approve already owned licenses. 

They introduced this rule in 2017, this project is older. And the rule applies to submissions.

I'm happy! I missed my chance to get Mickey and Minnie during the first CMF series, and now they're being released as my favorite of their incarnations. Do you suppose we'll get the parrot and goat that the ideas creator added?

Already have the Disney Castle, so this one will be great addition to my collection.

But those candy dispenser was great aswell and Fiat 500 can become a Creator Expert, cause they have already a good base now

I hope lego takes some creative liberty with this set and makes it system scale rather than micro scale. It looks a little bit too small in my opinion. Still I'm very happy to get the set, probably a day 1 buy.

Yeah, this have to be bigger. 

Also, this probably means there are not plans Disney sets for 2020

5 hours ago, incognito said:

They introduced this rule in 2017, this project is older. And the rule applies to submissions.

That explains a lot, cheers incognito!

@Penkid11 remember that conversation we had a little while ago, I think this explains it ^

I'm very interested to see what the final model looks like.  It's intriguing and if they get close enough to rendering a black-and-white line drawing from that era in Lego I'll probably grab one.  In the current submitted form I don't think it's polished enough, but I guess that's what this whole process is about!  :classic:  It'd be fun to see the steamboat scaled up enough for Micky to pilot it, but the vignette is cute.

Haven’t we seen a steamboat willie-style Minnie Minifig too? Or am I imagining things? If so, will she come in this Set or will she be in the CMF to compliment it? I can imagine this will release around the time of that Disney series

But the Disney series will be out on late April/Early May

And this was just approved. It will take like 5-6 months before the release date

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

And this was just approved. It will take like 5-6 months before the release date

It may have just been announced, but it's possible the set itself was approved beforehand

Definitely a Day 1 purchase for me! I'm ecstatic about this set. That said, I do hope the design is refined and enlarged a bit.

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I hope lego takes some creative liberty with this set and makes it system scale rather than micro scale. It looks a little bit too small in my opinion.

Set 21317 is supposed to have 751 pieces. The site with this info has listed three Ideas sets for 2018 about a month ago, and they were right about The Flintstones having 748. It's a strong possibility the part count for 21317 is also true. Whether it's the Steamboat we don't know, but given the already leaked Minnie, I say it's likely.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It was announced today, but approval an plans should have been done by months now, since there were already leaked images of Mickey, Minie and a goat, so production must be already going on.

That picture of the goat isn't a real leak, I'm pretty sure. It's just the project submitter's impression of what the goat could look like, as seen under updates on the Ideas submission page.

Was there a picture that wasn't just that one posted on the Ideas page?

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

That picture of the goat isn't a real leak, I'm pretty sure. It's just the project submitter's impression of what the goat could look like, as seen under updates on the Ideas submission page.

Was there a picture that wasn't just that one posted on the Ideas page?

No, it was reposted on IG with a picture of the leaked black and white guitar. It was a screenshot of the goat from the ideas page.

I think all we've seen from this so far is Mickey. Minnie, the guitar, and the bird

I'll have to wait and see the final set before I decide. As much as I want to encourage Lego to make more adult-oriented / mature "Disney" themed sets, this one doesn't really appeal to me.

I guess it could perhaps be refashioned into a large fountain in a theme park setting (similar to the Steamboat Willie fountain at the entrance to Shanghai Disneyland)?

Leak just confirmed that we are in fact getting the hat! I had doubts for a second.

Should clarify that the leak showed Minnie's hat, but i sincerely doubt that they'd give Minnie a hat and leave the hat off the Steamboat Willie figure.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

On 2/23/2019 at 9:16 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

Leak just confirmed that we are in fact getting the hat! I had doubts for a second.

Should clarify that the leak showed Minnie's hat, but i sincerely doubt that they'd give Minnie a hat and leave the hat off the Steamboat Willie figure.

The hat could've been easily used in the cmf series, multiple variants of Minnie wear it. For Mickey the same can't be said.

Is the hat a new mold? I cant find the pic.

Considering the Ideas sets dont introduce new molds, that would confirm another Minnie version in the second CMF series, and they will reuse the hat for the Ideas set. 

Isn't it quite possible that only Mickey comes in the boat, and Minnie come in the CMF? It wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened - for instance Quidditch Draco Malfoy came in the CMF while the rest of the Quidditch players available came in a set, and a bunch of the end credits outfit LEGO Batman characters came in the CMF while the others came in the D2C.

Still, Mickey has to come with the Ideas set and he should have a hat too, so hopefully he does.

I was thinking about it.

There is for sure a Minnie in the CMF line. It could be the black and white one. But Mickey would be missing his hat if he comes alone in the Ideas set. 

But the thing is: the Ideas set was just approved and the CMFs are said to be designed a year in advance, which would be spring 2018. By then, the Ideas project was still gathering support. So they couldnt have known. 

But if so, it would be like the first time ever they team up with an Ideas sets like this.

They released the Ghostbusters HQ to go with the car, but that was a lot after the Ideas set came out. In this case would be almost a simultaneous release