TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Central Perk Coffee of Friends

8 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Stoneware.de is dropping the info about the Friends Ideas set:

Piece count is only 1070 pieces (submission had 1719)

Only 6 minifigures, Gunther was dropped

September 1st is the release date. No info in early VIP but they say another set (????) is getting a VIP release soon (Disney train?)

Rumored price is EUR 69.99

Gunther's torso leaked. I seriously doubt they would drop a figure that late into production. They're definitely including him in some way to use the pieces.

7 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Gunther's torso leaked. I seriously doubt they would drop a figure that late into production. They're definitely including him in some way to use the pieces.

LEGO can always find ways to add characters via some promo, I know Stranger Things wasn't an IDEAS set, but still got a SDCC figure packed seperately.

(Not that I Personally support "exclusive" figs like that, I can understand the reasons true collectors would want some "rarer" items in circulation)

Edited by TeriXeri

Well if it's really 70 euro that's just too bad. I was kinda expecting a larger pricepoint based on how ridiculously large the original submission was but I have no intentions to spend more than 50-60 euro on this set, I guess I'll be skipping this one then.

As for Gunther, he could be dropped from the set itself and be made into a promotional figure. He's definetely coming out in some way as his figure has been in production for months now

On 8/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

Stoneware.de is dropping the info about the Friends Ideas set:

Piece count is only 1070 pieces (submission had 1719)

Only 6 minifigures, Gunther was dropped

September 1st is the release date. No info in early VIP but they say another set (????) is getting a VIP release soon (Disney train?)

Rumored price is EUR 69.99

We did not say that Gunther was dropped definitely, we just assumed because of the teaser. We clarified this later and corrected the passage. Gunther is definitely in the set, sorry for the confusion!

Edit: Btw, we added the first official pictures of the set just now.

Edited by StoneWarsDE

There are a lot of details to love here, but my favorite might be "PIVOT!" on the side of the box. :laugh:

Wow, that‘s a huge improvement over the original submission :thumbup: This is a must-buy to me, even though I‘ve never seen F•R•I•E•N•D•S due to my disdain of sitcoms, especially when canned laughter is involved :ugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

The simple phrase is Shut Up & Take My Money........might be the best Ideas design yet.

So much detail is just awesome I love it.

I never watched the show though but it is a TV icon it's worth the money for sure.

The poster with Joey's add for Ichiban, lipstick for men is hilarious. Too bad that it is a sticker.

Edited by Sinthoras

They did a wonderful job with this one! The figs are spot on. They scaled it down but didn’t water it down. And as an added bonus we get the dark green 1x2x3 windows back in circulation!!!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wow, that‘s a huge improvement over the original submission :thumbup: This is a must-buy to me, even though I‘ve never seen F•R•I•E•N•D•S due to my disdain of sitcoms, especially when canned laughter is involved :ugh:

Funny how that works. I have a complete collection of Lone Ranger figures despite never having seen the movie.

2 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

The poster with Joey's add for Ichiban, lipstick for men is hilarious. Too bad that it is a sticker.

I don't think it will be. I think it might be the decal they made being slightly offset from the white colour of the bricks in the rendering program. Lego Ideas sets have had consistently printed pieces and I don't see them changing that now.

I'm really hoping they follow the recent Stranger Things licensed set and put the Minifigure parts on bricks and pieces. The new face prints and clothes are perfect for other characters (E.G Ross' face for Nick Cage :roflmao:)

Edited by Brick Cucumber

My wife and I are both mid 90s kids and absolutely loved this show, this is a day 1 pickup for me. Not as bad of a price as I was expecting! And the set looks fantastic.

Though, I do really wish we had gotten the apartment instead- but now that we've gotten the mini figures, I'm sure I can MOC something up.

Now bring on The Office and Parks & Rec :tongue:

For a second there I thought Monica was holding the new piece of poop

But for real this one looks amazing! :wub:

4 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

They did a wonderful job with this one! The figs are spot on. They scaled it down but didn’t water it down. And as an added bonus we get the dark green 1x2x3 windows back in circulation!!!

Of course you would note that. But now all those millions you have won’t be worth as much. :tongue:

Well, this is certainly on the “maybe” list. I never was much of a fan, but the set looks fantastic. It’d be nice to see better deals like this across the board though...7 minifigs, nearly 1100 pieces for $60. 

That looks brilliant :thumbup:. Detailed and accurate to the actual show. Nice how they finished off the exterior as well.