TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - Central Perk Coffee of Friends

On 6/10/2019 at 6:04 AM, Sheesh417 said:

I'm really hoping for an august release for vip member! Im so excited for this set!

I doubt that it will come that soon, as the Treehouse set is still being made and newer projects have gone already in front of it.

Tree House was approved October 2018 (same round as Flintstones) Central Perk was Approved February 2019 (Same round as Steamboat Willie)

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I doubt that it will come that soon, as the Treehouse set is still being made and multiple newer projects have gone already in front of it.

If the figs are leaking, the release is likely only a few months away. That's generally how it works.

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

If the figs are leaking, the release is likely only a few months away. That's generally how it works.

Still doesn't mean much when the Tree House likely uses more generic already existing figures as it's not licensed, just because they don't "leak" doesn't mean the set is not being worked on.

I imagine both still come this year, but it's just guessing what comes first. (Both of those IDEAS rounds already have a set on shelves with Flintstones/Steamboat)

Edited by TeriXeri

52 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Still doesn't mean much when the Tree House likely uses more generic already existing figures as it's not licensed, just because they don't "leak" doesn't mean the set is not being worked on.

I imagine both still come this year, but it's just guessing what comes first. (Both of those IDEAS rounds already have a set on shelves with Flintstones/Steamboat)

The treehouse is, I believe, the largest Ideas set to date. From what I've heard, it's taken LEGO more time than usual to get the set ready for market... something about it being a complicated build. So it coming "out of order" relative to other Ideas releases isn't all that unexpected. The figs from the set may leak early, or they may leak late, or they may not leak at all. But I would expect at least a handful of new torso and face prints for it.

But whether or not figs leak from the treehouse doesn't have much of anything to do with when the Friends set is released. Figs leaking from the Friends set, on the other hand, is a pretty good indicator (based on what we've seen with previously leaked figs/sets) of when the Friends set will release. The anniversary of the TV show (Sep 22) is another fairly strong indicator, since LEGO will want to capitalize on it from a marketing perspective. So, mid-August to mid-September is a pretty good guesstimate.

Not quite sure about how I feel about Rachelle's torso, but I don't judge before we saw the assembled figure! The only thing I really hope for is that they won't make any cloth piece for her! And YES the veterinarian hair piece is a MUST for Rachelle!

Really happy with all other torsos so far, but we didn't see Mathew, Lisa and Courtney! :)

I'm voting for dark grey jacket for Chandler :)

28 minutes ago, adwind said:

Not quite sure about how I feel about Rachelle's torso, but I don't judge before we saw the assembled figure! The only thing I really hope for is that they won't make any cloth piece for her! And YES the veterinarian hair piece is a MUST for Rachelle!

Really happy with all other torsos so far, but we didn't see Mathew, Lisa and Courtney! :)

I'm voting for dark grey jacket for Chandler :)

But the veterinarian hair doesnt match for that torso, as that haircut came a lot later.

TLG should release more than one costume for each character ;) Like in winner Ideas project. Don't you think so? It would be greate...

Edited by Martini26

Here's sincerely hoping that those leaked figures aren't complete, because if they seriously did not design new faces for any of the female characters then it kills any desirability of the set for me. For all of the regular licensed themes using the same faces, I sort of get it since they have a whole-theme budget to contend with and a lot of material to do, but for a one-off Ideas set based on a show that is literally all about the characters to do so would be not just a let down but a slap in the face.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:42 PM, jdubbs said:

The treehouse is, I believe, the largest Ideas set to date. From what I've heard, it's taken LEGO more time than usual to get the set ready for market... something about it being a complicated build. So it coming "out of order" relative to other Ideas releases isn't all that unexpected. The figs from the set may leak early, or they may leak late, or they may not leak at all. But I would expect at least a handful of new torso and face prints for it.

But whether or not figs leak from the treehouse doesn't have much of anything to do with when the Friends set is released. Figs leaking from the Friends set, on the other hand, is a pretty good indicator (based on what we've seen with previously leaked figs/sets) of when the Friends set will release. The anniversary of the TV show (Sep 22) is another fairly strong indicator, since LEGO will want to capitalize on it from a marketing perspective. So, mid-August to mid-September is a pretty good guesstimate.

Treehouse is August 1st/July 15th for VIPs. We already had all the information leaked (no pics). Friends has to come this year (25th anniversary) and I expect it soon by the all the minifig leaks (loved Joey’s face, spot on). Maybe August/September.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

not just a let down but a slap in the face.

You're disappointed that a set is reusing parts. Nobody is hurting you.

36 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Well we don't know yet for an absolute fact that they're reusing parts, but if they are then LEGO would be making me sad when it should be making me happy. :enough:

3 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Never heard of metaphors, huh?

OH GOD Ross looks spot on! I can tell is David Schwimmer even without knowing about the Friends set :laugh:

Phoebe is the biggest let down for me. She looks too generic for such an iconic character. They could have used the Spooky Girl's hairpiece for her. 

9 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Paul seeley has the minifigure (leaks) in his Instastory. 

Where can I find leaks?

11 hours ago, Martini26 said:

Where can I find leaks?

Your answer was right there - Instagram. 

59 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Your answer was right there - Instagram. 

Which one instagram private Paul Seeley ? ;)

Edited by Martini26

I have to say, these minifigures are pretty good. The torso's are very accurate, and some of the faces work. Ross and Rachel look spot on, especially Rachel. The reuse of the Jyn Erso head works great here. Monica's face works, but a new print would have been better. Phoebe is a disappointment. Her torso looks nice, and her hair is decent, but her face doesn't really look like her. On the other hand, Joeys face looks a lot like him. 

I'm really looking forward to this set, I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm excited to see how Chandler and the rest of Joey look. This is definitely going to be a day one purchase for me.

Stoneware.de is dropping the info about the Friends Ideas set:

Piece count is only 1070 pieces (submission had 1719)

Only 6 minifigures, Gunther was dropped

September 1st is the release date. No info in early VIP but they say another set (????) is getting a VIP release soon (Disney train?)

Rumored price is EUR 69.99

18 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Stoneware.de is dropping the info about the Friends Ideas set:

Piece count is only 1070 pieces (submission had 1719)

Only 6 minifigures, Gunther was dropped

September 1st is the release date. No info in early VIP but they say another set (????) is getting a VIP release soon (Disney train?)

Rumored price is EUR 69.99

I have a hard time believing that Gunther was dropped... 

Also, That would make the set around 70-80$ American right?

Quite the deal with new torso prints and over a thousand pieces 

Remember, we saw Gunther's torso leak. I also have my doubts that a licensed set with 6+ figures would have a price to part ratio of 6.5

Of course, Gunther could be a GWP, but I seriously have my doubts about it.