TomSkippy

Help? Bricklink Scam?

So I ordered 2528pb02 (Pirate bicorne with Admiral Pattern).  I have a 'real' one for comparison. Isn't the Admiral pattern on the wrong side? Were they ever like this?

46405406744_b5899b2274_c.jpg

side note: it is Lego (the logo is molded on the inside of the cap)

Well before you jump to the conclusion that you've been cheated, understand that not everyone on bricklink is even as much of an enthusiast as yourself, let alone an expert, nor do they need to be. What you're holding may be the result of an honest mistake. That being said, I did a bit of searching and can find no reference to the cockade ever being intentionally printed on the opposite side of the hat. Even mine from childhood all match the bricklink image. It could be that what you have is a rare printing error or even a custom. The best advice is always to reach out to the seller. Perhaps they know the provenance of the thing and can shed some light on its origins. If it came from a collector/customizer it may very well be a custom print, maybe a total fake. If it came from a random Craigslist buy, who knows?:wacko: I've accidentally sold a total fake once before, it happens especially when you're moving a lot of bricks. Of course I made good on it with a refund then went and checked every neck stud in inventory for a Lego logo:sceptic:. If I had gotten that hat, depending on what I paid for it, I might just hold on to it as a novelty but not before reaching out to the seller. Most are honest and will help you, but they can't until you let them know there is a problem. You may also do them a favor as my customer did for me, in filling me in. Turned out that I had several fake DC characters, all from the same buy. I got the others out of inventory before anyone else could order them. I'll be curious to know how this ultimately works out. If/when you learn anything, please let us know.

Dave

P.S. I'll dig into back stock to see if i have one. if you can't get satisfaction from this seller, perhaps we can work something out. For bricklink and eurobricks I use the same username :wink:

P.P.S. Ha, looks like the links are still in my signature. Though they dd away with those. Neat!

Edited by kurigan

Could be a misprint if it has the LEGO group logo? As far as I can tell it looks legit.

I have 3 of those myself. I will check later since they are in a box on the attic.

@kurigan yeah, I don’t want to get too upset over this... it was $4 shipped.

@Cyberfounder My guess is someone took a plain bicorne and painted it... after all there is a legitimate engraved “lego” mark inside. Weird that someone with those skills would put the admiral insignia on the wrong side.

I checked them and non of them have this problem, so I'm going with misprint? I had a clone trooper helmet last year that was printed backwards, so it happens. :cry_sad:

@TomSkippy That's cool then. Good price too, they were going for more a while ago. If I recall correctly, i might have sold one for as much as $12 :wacko: but that's just where the market was. I did go digging but didn't find any either :sceptic:

@Cyberfounder I would very much like to see a photo of that.