Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Every flight begins with a fall (Avalonia Mini-Challenge)

We are in the back garden of Lord Trian Burress, in Mesodraconem. His guests are special, cause one of them is the king, and the other is his successor. They already told the lord of his beautiful garden, their journey together to here. And about Artorius' choice.

- Then this is official! - said Artorius. - Let's not waste more time, Trian, my old friend. could you fetch a sword for me, during that time, I will write the document about his enthronement.
Trian shorty arrived with an ornamental sword. The document was ready, his name was also on the paper, as the witness.
- Beautiful sword, you chose well Trian. - took the sword from Trian, and take a look at it. - Now Ardo Ungar, son of...

32184389857_89ea235a08.jpg

- Belarn Ungar... - completed the sentence Ardo. Artorius smiled and started again:

- Ardo Ungar, son of Belarn, willing to take the Oath?

- I am willing. - answered Ardo, and kneeled down.

-Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of Avalonia? From the Enchanted Forest to the Green Plains of Albion? - asked Artorius.

- I solemnly promise so to do. - came the answer from Ardo.

- Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?

- I will.

- Then, as ruler of Avalonia, I Artorius Rex resign from the Dragon Throne, so you can take up the mantle of the kings, Ardo Ungar, son of Belarn Ungar. 

To end the ceremony, Artorius raised the ornamental sword, or at least he tried, but he was too weak for this last action.

- Let me help you, "old friend" - stood next to him Trian, and helped Artorius raise the sword. Then, they touched Ardo's shoulder with it, together, while Artorius ended the ceremony:

- Rise Sir Ardo! Rise and take the name: King Ardo of Avalonia, first with this name! - lowered the sword Artorius, and took a deep sigh.

- Long live for the King! - shouted Trian Burress too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A close up from the ceremony, and a little extra picture. Also, click here, if you missed the story, how they find Artorius Rex!

Spoiler

46212443725_494fcb9d42.jpg

46212441665_5b2fcbcc2a.jpg

Edited by kahir88

Nice little scene.  The foliage in the garden is nicely done.  I like your characters and story.  

I like the pathway with all the cobblestones, and that little bit of water coming out of the rocks/earth is pretty nice detail.

Looks like Wilfred Sigurd has to fight for his throne in the end:look:

The path is nice, climbing up the slope like it does. The power burst as a small waterfall is a good little detail that works well. I also like your border, as it is detailed and dignified without being overdone. I think that limiting the colors in the foliage would be a better way to go, keeping it simpler; for example, I would take out the dark red leaves and replace them with regular green or dark green like the other tree, and I would stick to one color of flower, too; too much variation in such a small footprint makes the scene a bit too busy, in my opinion. But still, nicely done!

Very nice!  Love the niffler in its little cave.  The vines on the tree look good, and the red tree in the corner looks great, although it may be a little unusual to see fall foliage next to the greens of summer.  I like the little spring from the rocks and the water corner of the build.  The stone path looks good too.  I think it's difficult to incorporate a lot into a 16x16 scene, but you did a very nice job.  I also like how you tied your story in with Artorious.  Great work!

Really nice. I love the ornated base as well as the little spring. I think a plant with flowers of four different colours is a bit too much, but hey, it's the joy of fantasy after all! :laugh: Nice story too, it makes it very legitimate for your claimant to be the successor :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I would take out the dark red leaves and replace them with regular green or dark gree

14 hours ago, Grover said:

unusual to see fall foliage next to the greens of summer.

No and no! :D I disagree. Why there can't be a tree type, which has reddish leaves during spring time? As @en_zoo mentioned: "the joy of fantasy".

And for the critic, with the colors of the flowers. Lord Trian Burress, isn't a gardener, he just started it, after the civil war. Give him time to decide which color he wants to keep. 

But thanks, the comments, this will encourage me, to carry on, to create better builds!

25 minutes ago, kahir88 said:

No and no! :D I disagree. Why there can't be a tree type, which has reddish leaves during spring time? As @en_zoo mentioned: "the joy of fantasy".

And for the critic, with the colors of the flowers. Lord Trian Burress, isn't a gardener, he just started it, after the civil war. Give him time to decide which color he wants to keep. 

It's not that there can't be or even shouldn't be multiple colors of foliage, but that it looks too busy from an aesthetic perspective when you have that many colors in a small vignette. Less is more in such a situation, in my experience. 

5 hours ago, kahir88 said:

But thanks, the comments, this will encourage me, to carry on, to create better builds!

I agree, you can definitely make unusual things in a fantasy world.  @Faladrin just made a spectacular elven build with some fantasy foliage.  It seems to work best when you can clearly define the entity as fantasy, since we are otherwise left to assume our baseline, which is the real world.  HQ is right, too, it's hard to define something unusual in the 16x16 vig.

As for the flowers, I think they look very natural, and the varied colors are fine.

The winding cobble stone path is lovely :wub:

You packed a lot into the small scene, and did well incorporating a nice bit of elevation change in the landscape :classic: