On 12/19/2022 at 5:48 AM, Stephan said:

Yes :)

i have two weeks off from work, so expect it somewhere in these 2 weeks ;)

Thanks for all the efforts so far. I found five Bricks which still require partial Collision Data at specific locations which can hopefully be added/fixed in time for the next update.

640x328.png

Part 35464 was already mostly fixed, but the top tips can still collide during rotation.

640x328.png

For some reason, collision is only missing at the lower middle section of Part 58947 where the three rings are located, but everything seems to be fine when the Brick is turned upside down.

800x410.png

The top and bottom tips of Part 35649 will collide slightly when placed right next to each other, while only the lower edges of Part 65783 are missing collision.

640x328.png

Part 30034 is only missing collision for the clip section, while Part 4221 has a minor collision error where the inner curve can collide with other Bricks slightly.

The following list of Bricks have missing Collision Data for most sections, so these can be modified gradually: Part 3612, Part 3613, Part 30219, Part 32606, Part 32607, Part 35366, Part 48294, Part 71183, Part 71184, Parts 377201-377205 (the five Batman Battle Accessories), Part 500183, Part 626981, Part 626982. This list is simply used to keep track of the update progress and to inform others that these Bricks should be placed carefully for the time being until an update is released.

I guess the first five Bricks can be fixed quickly since they are only missing partial Collision Data. For the others, the most valuable fixes at the moment will be the two new Laptop variants (626981, 626982). P.S., hopefully the three Flat Tile (Part 3068, Part 87079 and Part 4150) UV Mappings can all be updated in time so that image distortion can be avoided completely. Thanks again!

3 hours ago, suenkachun said:

P.S., hopefully the three Flat Tile (Part 3068, Part 87079 and Part 4150) UV Mappings can all be updated in time so that image distortion can be avoided completely

This will be fixed eventually, but not for the next update since it doesn't influence custom decorations or official ones. But it shall be fixed for the update after the next one.

4 minutes ago, Stephan said:

This will be fixed eventually, but not for the next update since it doesn't influence custom decorations or official ones. But it shall be fixed for the update after the next one.

Thanks for the reply, being a simple and small visual distortion this can definitely wait. At least the cause of this issue is now known and the three Decorations can still be produced to fully fill their respective surfaces up to the edges, only to be displayed perfectly in LDD at a later date. Aside from this, I’m sure that the next update will already bring a large number of useful new elements and other fixes which is great.

Added version 20221229: LINK.

I noticed some posts in the forum which I have missed previously; I will include those fixes/parts in the next update.

This version includes 98 new parts, 46 updated parts, 213 new decorated parts, 1 new color, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette and a new version of the DecorationMapping!

Even though the parts are thoroughly checked, you might still encounter unforeseen problems during some builds. If that is the case, please let me know.

221229.png

For which parts are you most excited?

Enjoy :blush:

Downloaded the update and I had a few issues...

Neither 68327, 2391, nor 81911 seem to work, since I can't find them in the parts library and were removed when I opened the new parts lxf.

I also noticed part 64799 has a rendering issue. The outside edge is entirely gone.

However, there are some parts here that I'm glad to see added! Especially 35635, that part is super useful but hasn't been in any Lego digital program I've used until now!

1 hour ago, marcuslfalk said:

Don't know if it's on purpose because of the new version of decoration mapping, but i can't seem to decorate pieces in extended mode.

Which pieces?

59 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Downloaded the update and I had a few issues...

Neither 68327, 2391, nor 81911 seem to work, since I can't find them in the parts library and were removed when I opened the new parts lxf.

I also noticed part 64799 has a rendering issue. The outside edge is entirely gone.

However, there are some parts here that I'm glad to see added! Especially 35635, that part is super useful but hasn't been in any Lego digital program I've used until now!

I can create a fix tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Which pieces?

As far as i can tell, all of them. I've double checked everything to make sure that every file is there.

The new decorations are in the pre colored pallete in mindstorm, the decoration tool itself just doesn't do anything.

Edited by marcuslfalk

42 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Which pieces?

Fix is issued. You can download it again.

18 minutes ago, marcuslfalk said:

As far as i can tell, all of them. I've double checked everything to make sure that every file is there.

The new decorations are in the pre colored pallete in mindstorm, the decoration tool itself just doesn't do anything.

You need to be in Extended mode. In Mindstorms mode the Decoration Tool does not work.

48 minutes ago, Stephan said:

You need to be in Extended mode. In Mindstorms mode the Decoration Tool does not work.

I know that, i just wanted to see if the decorations worked in the pre-corlored pallete in mindstorm-mode since they didn't in extended-mode.

edit: it seems that there was something wrong with the new material selector in LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Palettes\LDDExtended, at least on my side. I've replaced it with the one from the previous update and manually copy-pasted the tr. yellow opal material id in, so it works now so far.

Edited by marcuslfalk

4 hours ago, Stephan said:

Added version 20221229: LINK.

I just installed the update via the Dropbox version and noticed a potential missing file.

LDD%20Update%2029-12-22%20Missing%20Deco

When opening the latest 221229.lxf, the "1 brick could not be loaded and has been removed from the file" message popped up but no additional file was generated in the system. I did a quick check and soon noticed that one of the Flat Tile 1x8 Decorations was missing, specifically the blank one included in the screenshot above. Please check whether the image file is only missing in the Dropbox version or also on GitHub.

P.S., thanks for including the UV Mapping files, as I can now easily update all of my custom Flat Tile 1x8 Decorations with the help of the relevant file. For the next update, I suggest also including the UV Mapping files of Flat Tile 2x6 (posted here) and Brick 1x1, Round (posted within this post), as I only understood how to create relevant custom Decorations for the two Bricks using the information provided in the two posts.

80477 —— Technic, Pin with Bar and Tow Ball, 3L
Doesn't connect to any of the mixel sockets unless (Toggle Physics Test) is enabled.

And unless the real life part can't do it. The pin side of the part can't accept any bar connections.

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

When opening the latest 221229.lxf, the "1 brick could not be loaded and has been removed from the file" message popped up but no additional file was generated in the system. I did a quick check and soon noticed that one of the Flat Tile 1x8 Decorations was missing, specifically the blank one included in the screenshot above. Please check whether the image file is only missing in the Dropbox version or also on GitHub.

This should have been the one with Egyptian hieroglyphs. I'll fix that tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

80477 —— Technic, Pin with Bar and Tow Ball, 3L
Doesn't connect to any of the mixel sockets unless (Toggle Physics Test) is enabled.

And unless the real life part can't do it. The pin side of the part can't accept any bar connections.

I'll fix this tomorrow. This is probably due to a too large colission sphere.

2 hours ago, marcuslfalk said:

edit: it seems that there was something wrong with the new material selector in LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Palettes\LDDExtended, at least on my side. I've replaced it with the one from the previous update and manually copy-pasted the tr. yellow opal material id in, so it works now so far.

I will re-upload my version tomorrow.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:11 AM, suenkachun said:

Due to the latest LDD updates, the PDF Guide regarding Decoration Sizes in LDD had to be updated again to add new information regarding newly added decoratable Brick surfaces. However, I just noticed this evening that the additional information for outputting Decorations of Part 3024 Plate 1×1 (Front Vertical Surface) and Part 3023 Plate 1×2 (Front Vertical Surface) had been accidentally swapped. I checked the original information provided here and corrected the PDF Guide immediately, with the correct information as follows: Decorations for Part 3024 Plate 1×1 (Front Vertical Surface) being a 1:2 Square after being scaled-up and the shorter side enlarged, while Decorations for Part 3023 Plate 1×2 (Front Vertical Surface) being a 1:4 Square after being scaled-up and the shorter side enlarged.

Once the error was fixed, new information was added such as the surfaces of Bricks and Plates With Bow, more variations of Plates and Flat Tiles, more Wall Elements and so on. Some of the text has also been updated to better separate and identify the different Bricks within the two tables.

The latest PDF Guide can be downloaded here (same link as before), sorry for all inconveniences caused!

EDIT: Latest PDF changed the publishing date to today and restored formatting (I accidentally deleted the original Word, oops, thank goodness for the PDF)!

Another major LDD update means that the PDF Guide needs to be updated too. The changes this time include adding mentions of three newer Bricks Tile 4×4, Flat Tile 1×2 [Transparent PC] and Ramp 6×8 within the first table, updating the information regarding Flat Tile 1×8 as the UV Mapping was just updated, adding a dedicated section regarding how to output new and update existing Flat Tile 1×8 Decorations accurately, simplified specific sentences and added a new section at the end regarding how to maximise the output quality of the final PNG Image so that Ultra-high-definition Decorations can be displayed in LDD (as the new Flat Tile 1×8 section occupied a new page, the remainder of the page had to be filled up in some way).

A quick recap: This PDF Guide was created to help everyone design the most accurate Decoration PNG images of common regular Bricks for use in LDD, whether they are custom creations or official images to be submitted here for future LDD updates. Simply use the relevant details when designing Decorations for any listed Brick and they will fit onto the relevant Brick surfaces perfectly.

The latest PDF Guide can be downloaded here (same link as before). Thanks in advance and I hope that this will be useful.

I found some missing connections in the new parts. 78645 can't be placed over a minifigure head, the pin holes in both parts of 77834 won't accept pin connections and axles will only slide in a very short distance, 69754 and 69767 can't fit 1x1 round plates inside (just 1x1 round tiles), and the lights in 22168 can't be placed inside pin holes.

1 hour ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

69754 and 69767 can't fit 1x1 round plates inside (just 1x1 round tiles)

Yeah, this is due to the programming of the connections; the connection to an understud generates a colission box automatically. I will try to find a solution.

For the other parts; I checked them but some colission are a bit too large. This will be fixed asap of course.

19 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I found some missing connections in the new parts. 78645 can't be placed over a minifigure head, the pin holes in both parts of 77834 won't accept pin connections and axles will only slide in a very short distance, 69754 and 69767 can't fit 1x1 round plates inside (just 1x1 round tiles), and the lights in 22168 can't be placed inside pin holes.

This is now al fixed :)
I used a pin connection for 22168, but the pin is of course not the normal Technic pin length, so it is now changed to a cross axle connection, which works really well.

7 hours ago, Stephan said:

This is now al fixed :)

I just installed the update again (Dropbox version) and opened the latest 221229.lxf to see the "1 brick could not be loaded and has been removed from the file" message still popping up but no additional file was generated in the system as well. I did a more in-depth check and soon noticed that a few more Decoration files are missing, specifically the four which are highlighted in the screenshot below. Once the four missing Decoration files are added back, I will reinstall the update and check again to see if the error message still pops up. Thanks for all the efforts so far!

LDD%20Update%2029-12-22%20More%20Missing

21 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

So is the ball joint part fixed. (Do I redownload the file posted on thursday?)

Yes, everything is now fixed when you download the new file!

22 hours ago, suenkachun said:

I will reinstall the update and check again to see if the error message still pops up

Fixed, there were indeed 4 decorations missing.

On 1/2/2023 at 2:08 AM, Stephan said:

Fixed, there were indeed 4 decorations missing.

Thanks for the quick fix. Unfortunately, I installed the latest update files from GitHub and the same error still appears: "1 brick could not be loaded and has been removed from the file" message but no additional file was generated in the system. Perhaps it will be easier to locate all the missing elements if you check this file saved on my end after installing the latest files and compare with your original file as I can no longer easily find the rest of the differences just by checking manually. Hopefully, the remaining issues can be fixed easily too.