13 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

What do UV maps do?

They show where and in which size to place decorations.

Hi guys, not sure if this was discussed on EB, but recently published was a rare glimpse of Lego's internal tool, the holy grail of all digital builders. It actually resembles other building tools in its UI colour scheme which is certainly easier on the eyes. Hence my question - could it be possible to change LDD's background colour to assist during those long building sessions? And as a separate fix, to change the default colour of the Extended bricks from red to another one, again for the same purpose? This would be a life-saver.

On a side note, I remember seeing the GPU assist on/off button somewhere, but all I can see now is the toggle for specific features instead. My GPU is a bit useless but my CPU renders like a champ, so I was hoping I could run LDD with enhancements enabled but without overheating the GPU?

Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, Count Sepulchure said:

Hi guys, not sure if this was discussed on EB, but recently published was a rare glimpse of Lego's internal tool, the holy grail of all digital builders. It actually resembles other building tools in its UI colour scheme which is certainly easier on the eyes. Hence my question - could it be possible to change LDD's background colour to assist during those long building sessions? And as a separate fix, to change the default colour of the Extended bricks from red to another one, again for the same purpose? This would be a life-saver.

On a side note, I remember seeing the GPU assist on/off button somewhere, but all I can see now is the toggle for specific features instead. My GPU is a bit useless but my CPU renders like a champ, so I was hoping I could run LDD with enhancements enabled but without overheating the GPU?

Thanks in advance.

I may be able to change the color using a hex editor, or a resource editor. Gimme a few days to see if I have time.

@Count Sepulchure, @SNIPE Default colour of extended mode bothered me for quite a while as well so I wrote a macro to brute force through all potential "red" values...

Default colour is at position: 1910678 (decimal) or 1D2796h (hex) and holds at least 2 bytes. The value is material's number from material selector. Use any Hex editor on LDD.exe to change it.

UPDATE: Changing this value breaks some license responsible for flexing parts. What a bummer...

Edited by Equilibrium

@polymaker, Do you know if it is possible to add 2 wire marker annotations to a part? I am working on the new LED lights and the middle part should use two wire markers. Maybe a way to cheat it?

While writing this I thought of an idea... I can split the centre part in the upper and lower sub-part...

Not sure if anyone has asked this and I can't find it anywhere, but has 4868a (Jet engine with 2 studs) been in any parts updates? I don't see it in any of the lists and it's not in LDD after newest update.

13 minutes ago, wolfman01t said:

Not sure if anyone has asked this and I can't find it anywhere, but has 4868a (Jet engine with 2 studs) been in any parts updates? I don't see it in any of the lists and it's not in LDD after newest update.

That part hasn't been added yet. The closest thing right now is part 4868. However, 4868a is in the LDraw library, so it should be possible to add at some point. 

I would love to see in the next update:

- 2790 Steering Gear Holder

- 2790a Steering Rack

- 3149 Hinge Plate 2 x 4

Thank you.

Edited by marco9999

Hello there, I´d like to know if is possible to add SBRICK to LDD? There is already Buwizz 2.0 and 3.0. I´m missing possibility to work with SBRICK.

Thank you.

@Stephan I've been using Stud.io since LEGO shut down LDD, but I hate it. LDD was better in so many ways and I'd like to update it w/ the current parts palette. Do you have a link to your files?

Though I like LDD with all the new parts, have you ever tried LDraw?

Even more parts there and some good software too.

I use LDCad to model and Stud.io for rendering and sometimes for instructions. 

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=38547#T=C

I already added this one for the next update.

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=80477&C=85#T=C&C=85

Will be there a well :)

Hello,
I built a model of ATARI 2600 - set 10306 - https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/10306
I have used latest ready to use pack of parts.
During building I encountered problems:

- the bevels cannot be attached upside down to the small bushings - page 106, step 93 (I solved differently)
- the largest bevels should probably be pressed downwards (it is impossible to place them otherwise in the ldd) - page 111, step 101
- the sides of the atari 2600 miniature cannot be moved properly - page 158, step 160
- some other elements do not fit exactly - minimally offsets (typical ldd limitation, no errors)
- couldn't find the cat figure - page 160, step 162 (I replaced it with a dog)
- minifigure - medium legs - cannot sit on the studs at the back - page 161, step 164 (I replaced the beam with a smooth one)
- not put 2 rubber bands under switches, page 214, step 244 (this probably can't be done anyway)
- joystick mechanism - rubber parts (if they are the right ones) do not fit on the crossbar - pages 223-224, steps 4-5 (I rebuilt a bit and put 2 rubbers out of 4)
- no cable - pages 238-239, steps 33-34 (I replaced with chains)
- lack of stickers / prints (where I could I used the available ones)
- after transfer to Stud.io there are a lot of errors.

Info (non released to ldd issues):

- spare elements - I selected based on guesses
- colors may be wrong - I selected by eye
- similar elements may be chosen incorrectly (I tried to use same type consistently)
- the scene - which should be hidden inside - I exposed detached outside

BLOCKS FROM OTHER SETS:
- window from old space angle can not be changed 2443+2418
- no 4x3x1 bevel with fenders cut out - car hood - set 4466
- lack of old motorcycle (and glass for it)

Elements, among others, from set 555 (old basic set - https://www.toysperiod.com/lego-set-reference/universal-building-set/basic-set/lego-555-2-universal-building-set/)
- no wheels 2x2x1
- lack of cross-brace for the windmill
- lack of vertical 2x3 windmill mount (the other type of mount is present - part 3481)
- no small propeller

Please take a look at that issues.

PS. Sorry, my English is as is, so I used a translator (www.DeepL.com/).

Here is the model: https://qtz.cwaboard.co.uk/vid/atari2600.lxf

Edited by nanoreber

There's an issue with the 92908 Gear Block attaching to the Power Puller tire/wheel assembly. It attaches without problem to the wheel without the tire, but not with it. There is no such problem with the real parts. Can it be fixed?

pp.png

I finished building on 18.08.2022, using the current element pack "Development Version 20220716", which is the last one so far.
As for the other elements, I would be pleasantly surprised if they were added / fixed without indication :)
So it must be in the internal version. Is a newer version available for download somewhere?
And also - there is no baseplate with driveway and recess, which is shown here on subpage 4.

3 hours ago, nanoreber said:

As for the other elements, I would be pleasantly surprised if they were added / fixed without indication :)

No, they are not added yet. I fix parts when I build the sets. And untill release they are waiting until I upload them to Github/Patreon or until I create the update :)