2 hours ago, Stephan said:

We will not add the hand piece by itself. It never appeared in sets without the torso. But!: you can add it yourself very easily: copy the xml file of 3820 and rename it to 38201, open the file change the Element number to 38201. Copy the 3820.g file and rename it to 38201. Restart LDD and the hand is there :)

If you can't get it to work I can send you the files.

I have done it but the hand appears without the wrist bar :laugh_hard:, just the hand, I guess its because in the standard torso model the hand is not modeled completely. How can I import it from LDRAW?

2 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Ooh, can I use the same process to add armless torsos? Or normal torsos missing one or both hands?

Yes! For one-armless torsos, you need to create a duplicate version of the assembly as well (in the folder Assemblies).

35 minutes ago, CorvusA said:

How can I import it from LDRAW?

Download .dat file(s). Import in Blender, export (+ rescale) as [sorry, forgot extension..., the one that Brick Studio uses..], import in Brick Studio.

If you have trouble with it, I can create the files as well tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Yes! For one-armless torsos, you need to create a duplicate version of the assembly as well (in the folder Assemblies).

Same numeric values?

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Same numeric values?

Yes, just remove one arm (and the hand) in the assembly xml. And rename the assembly and assembly part ID of course.

Edited by Stephan

On 1/14/2022 at 7:06 PM, Jurss said:

Small linear actuator - if possible, please make parts so, that it is possible to turn each part by 90deg (axial way). There is just one way to combine those parts now. In my real build one part is rotated. I was even able to rotate original LDD part.

Quick fix for 90 deg rotation: https://ufile.io/z5945ojy

20 hours ago, Stephan said:

Yes, just remove one arm (and the hand) in the assembly xml. And rename the assembly and assembly part ID of course.

Doesn't seem to have worked for me. There's only one new part, and it seems to be corrupt.

PNqDoVm.png

It's the one on the left. The label says "MINI HAND" but it doesn't seem to have a model. There's also no torso and no arms to go with it.

34 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Doesn't seem to have worked for me. There's only one new part, and it seems to be corrupt.

PNqDoVm.png

It's the one on the left. The label says "MINI HAND" but it doesn't seem to have a model. There's also no torso and no arms to go with it.

Aah, well that might have to do with the numbering. In each line there is a number telling it's the nth part in the assembly. That might have to be changed as well so it's  1 2 3 again instead of 1 2 4.

I forgot about that :)

if that doesn't work, I need to open the xml to see if I am missing something.

btw: parts in an assembly will not appear in you regular parts if they are used by an assembly. If you want the minifig hand as stand alone (for instance) you have to create a new part for that (same for torsos or arms).

Edited by Stephan

35 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Aah, well that might have to do with the numbering. In each line there is a number telling it's the nth part in the assembly. That might have to be changed as well so it's  1 2 3 again instead of 1 2 4.

I forgot about that :)

if that doesn't work, I need to open the xml to see if I am missing something.

btw: parts in an assembly will not appear in you regular parts if they are used by an assembly. If you want the minifig hand as stand alone (for instance) you have to create a new part for that (same for torsos or arms).

This feels like a little to much code digging for my tastes. I think I'll just live without.

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

This feels like a little to much code digging for my tastes. I think I'll just live without.

If you send me a private message with the parts you need, I can create some files for you.

I just want to say thank you to all of you who are contributing to this. Lego themselves have now declared that Studio is the official replacement for LDD, yet they still don't understand the appeal of the old software. There's a reason so many of us still like it and don't want to switch over to Studio. I find Studio to be very 'bloaty' and just seems not as well programmed as LDD, not to mention the sorting and filtering. 

So please, keep updating! LEGO building should be a simple, straight-forward affair, Studio takes the fun out of it completely in my mind, even though it's more 'up-to-date'.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2022/01/12/lego-fully-discontinuing-lego-digital-designer-in-favor-of-bricklink-studio/

Edited by zweifuss

On 1/11/2022 at 5:46 PM, suenkachun said:

I just completed three new official Decorations to be added into LDD in the next update, in which one was a Printed Element from my own collections and two are updates to existing Decorations. Please do not forget to include the three Decorations from my previous post below in the updates too.

Here’s one more updated existing Decoration to be added into LDD. I have to say that this was one of my most complicated creations so far and I’m glad that I decided to take up this challenge to create a perfect result.

3069bpc1.png

This is the 1x2 Vehicle Control Panel in Dark Stone Grey and shown below is the older Dark Grey version. By comparing the two, we can see that the new version contains better-placed colours (especially the four trapeziums on the left).

3069bpc1.png

The original LDD Decoration 60382 is shown below at 128px times 128px.

Original%2060382.png

I own an actual copy of this element within Set 8402 Sports Car, so I scanned it together with the Bricks in my last post and prepared to make a better version with uncompressed maximum dimensions of 1024px times 512px and upgraded image qualities. However, the complexity of the various shapes within the Decoration made me postpone its creation until today, and the whole process took over three hours to complete. The Decoration was extracted roughly via the “Trace Bitmap” function in Vector Graphics editor “Inkscape”, then I inserted the extracted image in Microsoft PowerPoint and carefully reproduced the design using shapes within PowerPoint to produce the smoothest edges and to also fix alignment issues. I did use the older Dark Grey version image shown above to help determine the exact position of the White circle within the Bright Yellow circle on the left. The final results are as follows with the Dark Stone Grey background removed. Colours used include Standard Black (RGB:0/0/0), LEGO White (RGB:244/244/244), Medium Stone Grey (RGB:150/150/150), Dark Stone Grey (RGB:100/100/100) and Bright Yellow (RGB:255/200/10).

60382.png

The above image can be used directly as it already has a maximum size of 1024px times 512px. Thanks to my newfound knowledge regarding SVG images, “Inkscape” and Microsoft PowerPoint, old LDD Decorations can now be upgraded to look better and not be compressed into tiny squares thanks to the recent discovery that LDD also accepts rectangular Decorations using the Power of 2 (1x2, 2x4 and 8x16). I did find a Printed Black 2x2 Flat Tile of a LEGO Director’s Clapperboard within my stash of Bricks and this may be my next contribution once I figure everything out (this will be a new Decoration not previously in LDD). Keep up the great work and let’s continue to keep LDD alive!

7 hours ago, zweifuss said:

I find Studio to be very 'bloaty' and just seems not as well programmed as LDD

THIS.

Even more funny that LEGO designers use the "pro" version of LDD.

2 hours ago, CorvusA said:

THIS.

Even more funny that LEGO designers use the "pro" version of LDD.

Is there any way for a person who doesn't work at LEGO to get access to that program? Because that would rock.

11 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Is there any way for a person who doesn't work at LEGO to get access to that program? Because that would rock.

The game studios (like who did Forza) got LDD "Pro". But as a regular person.... No

Hi! every one here, Happy new year first! I have been troubled years that there is no suitable parts to build a jet plane nose. So, I designed one with Catia 5.

Just like this.

It is a little pyramid with only one stud on top. Though it is simple, but in experiment, it dose a good job of making jet, especially jet fighter nose.

Now, I would like to incorporate it into LDD parts library, or Studio parts library.

Any one know how to do it?

Screenshot 2022-01-19 091222

Screenshot 2022-01-19 091338WeChat Image_20210921103747WeChat Image_20210921103751WP_20220107_14_07_17_Pro

5 hours ago, Pengfei said:

I have been troubled years that there is no suitable parts to build a jet plane nose. So, I designed one with Catia 5.

Just like this.

Now, I would like to incorporate it into LDD parts library, or Studio parts library.

Any one know how to do it?

You have to import the part in Brick Studio editor and create connections (and colission data). And generate the LDD files.

12 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

So, when's the new version coming?

I have a lot of parts on my to-do list I want to include. The new BMW motorcycle piston (tires and rim are already added) will be the next. I hope to present the update in February!

But, in the mean time you can download individual files from my GitHub.

Edited by Stephan