19 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

How do I download it?

When you reach the GitHub page, press the “Go to file” option on top, then type to search for “78329” which should bring up two results: the 78329.xml and the 78329.g files. Right-click to save both files onto your computer (on Windows unblock both files in the File Properties first if necessary) then move them into your corresponding local LDD Folders.

2 hours ago, suenkachun said:

When you reach the GitHub page, press the “Go to file” option on top, then type to search for “78329” which should bring up two results: the 78329.xml and the 78329.g files. Right-click to save both files onto your computer (on Windows unblock both files in the File Properties first if necessary) then move them into your corresponding local LDD Folders.

Tried and didn't work. Was I supposed to have LDD closed when I did this?

On 5/17/2021 at 1:21 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Tried and didn't work. Was I supposed to have LDD closed when I did this?

When downloading? I don't think it should matter. You should definitely have LDD closed when installing it, though.

Hey guys! finally I'm back after 1 year working in COVID hospital

Unfortunately I totally forgot how to add parts and decorations(

Upd. 
Nope, I remember) But still have problems with creating collisions 

uv9YuwQ.png

Edited by jester

8 hours ago, jester said:

Upd. 

Good to have you back ! Nice to see more ppl working on parts !

8 hours ago, jester said:

Hey welcome back and thank you for your invaluable service!

Mostly from LDraw.

20 hours ago, jester said:

Welcome back! And thank you for your important work!

On 5/10/2021 at 11:54 PM, suenkachun said:

One of the first LEGO Sets I still own is Set 4244 My Home Bucket, released way back in 1998! Although the bricks are now scattered across many places, I managed to dig through my collection and locate seven vintage Printed LEGO Bricks, including a Part 3010 Brick 1x4, a Part 3009 Brick 1x6, a Part 3297 Roof Tile 3x4/25° three Part 4744 Arch 2x4x2 and a Part 6213 Brick 2x6x3. From this image, we can see that there is the set of three classic designs of the 90s: Part 81780 BRICK CURV.2X4/2X2 D.BOY, Part 81781 BRICK CUR.2X4/2X2 D.GIRL and Brick 2x6x3 with Red, White, Blue Flowers Pattern, then we have another Green Arch 2x4x2 which I randomly retrieved from a relative’s Duplo Collection a while ago, next is the two car fronts (1x4 Brick and Roof Tile) and finally we have a fancy 1x6 upper door arch.

The car front on the Bright Yellow Roof Tile is easy to create as this decoration was just added to the latest pack, so just make the slope decoratable and apply the relevant decoration. If there are no better files of the other decorations available online, I could probably scan these Bricks into BMP Files then convert these to SVG images for accurate digital re-colouring (as colouring on these old Bricks have faded over time) then output as PNGs for use in LDD. I’ll use the RGB Values of Official LEGO Colours to make everything as accurate as possible, and hopefully I can contribute something soon. Thanks for the massive efforts by everyone up till now!

As I posted earlier, I had located seven vintage Printed LEGO Bricks from my collection. After a bit of research, I have successfully developed a process to convert these Bricks into digital decorations for use in LDD. This involves my old “Epson Printer” and the “Epson Scan” programme (use Professional Mode, set 1,200 dpi and output as BMP image for maximum quality) for scanning the Bricks into my laptop (each scan takes about 10 minutes), Microsoft Powerpoint/Microsoft Paint/Inkscape vector graphics editor and Microsoft Paint 3D (for handling Transparent Backgrounds, something Microsoft Paint is not capable of doing) to convert each design into an SVG Image. As I mentioned before, I always use the RGB Values of Official LEGO Colours to make everything as accurate as possible.

After several experiments, I was able to successfully complete converting the fancy 1x6 upper door arch and the Medium Blue car front into digital PNG Decoration files for use in LDD. Please download this zip folder to access the files, which includes the following: the “Official Decorations” PowerPoint File contains the cropped images of the two Bricks from the original scans, together with the original vector images of the Decorations, while the two PNG files have both been produced with the maximum size 1024px times 1024px and colour depth 32.

To successfully output the vector graphics into the PNG files, please follow these steps: enlarge each vector Decoration according to scale so its height is now 17.34 cm, which equals to 1024px when saved as a PNG image, then remove the background of the base rectangle before you output the PNG image. Once the PNG image is ready, open it in Microsoft Paint 3D and compress the image width into 1024px before saving the image. Before using the image, remember to unblock the image in its File Properties (that annoying Windows habit of treating files as harmful ones from other computers once modified). I have already scanned all of the vintage Bricks and the rest of the decorations should be ready soon. Hope that these files will be useful and keep up the great work as usual!

Edited by suenkachun

On 5/21/2021 at 2:53 PM, jester said:

Upd. 

uv9YuwQ.png

Glad to see those finally getting added. :laugh:

22 hours ago, suenkachun said:

As I posted earlier, I had located seven vintage Printed LEGO Bricks from my collection. After a bit of research, I have successfully developed a process to convert these Bricks into digital decorations for use in LDD. This involves my old “Epson Printer” and the “Epson Scan” programme (use Professional Mode, set 1,200 dpi and output as BMP image for maximum quality) for scanning the Bricks into my laptop (each scan takes about 10 minutes), Microsoft Powerpoint/Microsoft Paint/Inkscape vector graphics editor and Microsoft Paint 3D (for handling Transparent Backgrounds, something Microsoft Paint is not capable of doing) to convert each design into an SVG Image. As I mentioned before, I always use the RGB Values of Official LEGO Colours to make everything as accurate as possible.

After several experiments, I was able to successfully complete converting the fancy 1x6 upper door arch and the Medium Blue car front into digital PNG Decoration files for use in LDD. Please download this zip folder to access the files, which includes the following: the “Official Decorations” PowerPoint File contains the cropped images of the two Bricks from the original scans, together with the original vector images of the Decorations, while the two PNG files have both been produced with the maximum size 1024px times 1024px and colour depth 32.

To successfully output the vector graphics into the PNG files, please follow these steps: enlarge each vector Decoration according to scale so its height is now 17.34 cm, which equals to 1024px when saved as a PNG image, then remove the background of the base rectangle before you output the PNG image. Once the PNG image is ready, open it in Microsoft Paint 3D and compress the image width into 1024px before saving the image. Before using the image, remember to unblock the image in its File Properties (that annoying Windows habit of treating files as harmful ones from other computers once modified). I have already scanned all of the vintage Bricks and the rest of the decorations should be ready soon. Hope that these files will be useful and keep up the great work as usual!

After a few more hours of solid efforts, the printed Flowers on the Brick 2x6x3 was also converted into a digital decoration ready for use in LDD. The entire Decoration was produced using only the shapes and lines available within Microsoft PowerPoint, as I failed to produce any satisfactory results in Inkscape. The zip folder I posted earlier has been updated accordingly and can be downloaded here. Please follow the steps in my post above to successfully output the Flower image in PowerPoint into a PNG file for use in LDD, or the “3.PNG” file can be used directly. Thanks in advance!

Btw Is LDD supposed to crash with the new parts when I try to generate instructions for a part list?

Edited by Takanuinuva

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Btw Is LDD supposed to crash with the new parts when I try to generate instructions for a part list?

This is not a parts issue, but and issue with LDD instructions generation function relying on the db.lif file as far as my analysis goes. So instruction generation doesn’t work once you extract db.lif even if you don’t add any new parts. 

On 5/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, suenkachun said:

After a few more hours of solid efforts, the printed Flowers on the Brick 2x6x3 was also converted into a digital decoration ready for use in LDD. The entire Decoration was produced using only the shapes and lines available within Microsoft PowerPoint, as I failed to produce any satisfactory results in Inkscape. The zip folder I posted earlier has been updated accordingly and can be downloaded here. Please follow the steps in my post above to successfully output the Flower image in PowerPoint into a PNG file for use in LDD, or the “3.PNG” file can be used directly. Thanks in advance!

There are just three Printed Parts left for me to convert into LDD Decorations out of the seven Vintage Bricks, but I have decided to finish them later. Instead, I chose to temporarily shift my focus onto something else which I recall was quite a frequent request by others to be added into LDD back when it was still regularly updated by TLG.

The particular LEGO Set is 850425 Desk Business Card Holder, which includes 40 Printed Black 1x1 Flat Tiles: 0-9, A-Z, ., -, @ and _, together with a Printed Black 1x2 Flat Tile: .com, making a total of 41 Printed Black Flat Tiles (with all text in White). Thanks to this source, I was able to locate the exact font used for the text on these Flat Tiles: the classic “Chalet London 1960” by “House Industries”. After successfully downloading a free copy of the font file and installing it onto my laptop, I decided to start producing all 41 Decorations for use in LDD.

I first drew a plain Black (RGB value: 27/42/52) Square with size 0.7 cm times 0.7 cm (the real dimensions of a 1x1 Flat Tile) in Microsoft PowerPoint and set the font size to 22 (this was the closest compared to images of the Set) with font colour White (RGB value: 244/244/244), then I typed “A” as my first example. This output was then enlarged to 17.34 cm times 17.34 cm with the font size scaled up to around 545, which can directly output a PNG file with 1024px times 1024px, the maximum Decoration size accepted by LDD. Next, I removed the Black background of the base Square and a square PNG file was saved for 0-9, A-Z, ., - and @ respectively. As Microsoft PowerPoint has an annoying habit of including unwanted blank spaces around your image outputs when your text is too large, I had to output a version of each Decoration with the Black background included then use the dimensions from these files to help trim the Transparent background versions back into Squares one by one. For the _, the text size of the original Square was set to 17 and the larger font scaled up to around 421.1 (all colours are still the same).

When all 40 Square Decorations were ready, I quickly moved onto the 1x2 .com Decoration. The small rectangle is 0.7 cm times 1.5 cm (the real dimensions of a 1x2 Flat Tile) with font size 22 while the larger rectangle is 8.68 cm times 18.6 cm with font size scaled up to around 235.6 (all colours are still the same), which can directly output a PNG file with 512px times 1098px. Once I produced the PNG file from the larger rectangle and cropped all extra blank spaces away, the width of the image was compressed to 1024px while the height remained unchanged at 512px before I saved the modified results.

It took me two days to finish this group of 41 Decorations as I had to find the exact font used by TLG and cropping 41 PNG files individually did take quite a while to complete, and I chose to produce everything using the maximum Decoration sizes accepted by LDD for the best display clarity. The zip folder containing all 41 Decorations can be downloaded here, and to make things simple I have not included the original PowerPoint Slide, so just use the 41 PNG files directly.

To successfully add the 41 Decorations and three vintage Decorations into LDD, Decoration support must first be added to all relevant surfaces on the relevant Bricks, then the official Decoration Numbers must be assigned to each file before they are added to the “db” folder and support added to the “DecorationMapping.xml” file. I hope that these Decoration files will be useful and good enough to be added into LDD in the near future. If everything goes smoothly, my next plan is to work on producing digital versions of all Printed Bricks in Set 853195 Brick Calendar, also mentioned in the font source of the Desk Business Card Holder and one of the few LEGO sets which I actually own and have kept intact over the years. Keep up the great work as usual and thanks in advance!

Edited by suenkachun

On 5/25/2021 at 12:10 AM, M2m said:

This is not a parts issue, but and issue with LDD instructions generation function relying on the db.lif file as far as my analysis goes. So instruction generation doesn’t work once you extract db.lif even if you don’t add any new parts. 

That explains why when I tried making instructions with just base LDD parts. That the picture for some parts wasn't correct.

20 hours ago, suenkachun said:

It took me two days to finish this group of 41 Decorations as I had to find the exact font used by TLG and cropping 41 PNG files individually did take quite a while to complete, and I chose to produce everything using the maximum Decoration sizes accepted by LDD for the best display clarity. The zip folder containing all 41 Decorations can be downloaded here, and to make things simple I have not included the original PowerPoint Slide, so just use the 41 PNG files directly.

I finally figured out how to locate the Decoration IDs for Printed LEGO Parts today, and discovered that out of the seven Vintage Printed Bricks, only the Boy and Girl designs have an official Decoration ID assigned to them while the others do not. As a result, I quickly located all the Decoration IDs for the 41 Printed Flat Tiles in Set 850425 Desk Business Card Holder and modified the zip file I uploaded yesterday as follows: all 41 PNG files are now named by their official Decoration IDs taken from the Brick Owl/Brickset Database, and I have included a new Plain Text file containing the corresponding entries to be added to the “DecorationMapping.xml” file. This means that the 41 PNG files can now be directly copied into the “db/Decoration” folder, and once you copy everything from the Plain Text file and insert it into the “DecorationMapping.xml” file, the 41 Printed Flat Tile Designs can be used in LDD immediately. The new zip folder can be downloaded here, and thanks in advance!

Hey, I made the decal for that helmet piece I asked about. I was sure there were more versions of this piece with different decals, but this is the only one I was able to find on BrickLink.

1NRKLNY.pngQPUC2bz.png

I don't really have a way to test it, so you're going to have to let me know how well it fits so I can go back and change it if I need to. Or, if you want, I can send you the original illustrator file and you can make the changes yourself.

Also: Is there are better way to represent sparkly metallic paint? I just used the warm gold color from the palate, but it doesn't really look right.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, suenkachun said:

41 Printed Flat Tiles in Set 850425 Desk Business Card Holder

I added the decorations to the next update. I did recolor the white color to silver.

8 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

I was sure there were more versions of this piece with different decals

Try: Link. (You can search on BrickLink with '28631*'). I have to skip creating the UV map for this part. I tried it a bit, but without success. Maybe @jester or @polymaker is able to create the UV map.

Edited by Stephan

20 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Try: Link. (You can search on BrickLink with '28631*').

Awesome, thanks. I might do a couple of those once I'm sure the one I gave you fits properly.

2 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

More decals for you

Can you upgrade the resolution to 512 x 512 px?

On 5/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, The Mugbearer said:

So 44358 Cylinder Hemisphere 3 x 3 Ball Turret Socket with 2 x 2 Base has this weird collision issue where it allows to attach a 99780  Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Inverted only from one side, but not from the other.

I can not reproduce this error.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:07 AM, Stephan said:

The robot arm on the left seems to appear in real life as well. I'll add it to my list.

My bad, the left arm is never a robotic arm; it's always the right one. Sorry for the confusion. That also means that I will not add it since I have to create a mirrored new part.

3 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Can you upgrade the resolution to 512 x 512 px?

Here's the web.

cRTLh0I.png

The energy effect is going to take me a little longer because I didn't think to do it as a vector.

18 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Here's the web.

One other issue: the centre of the hole is not in the centre of the image, which makes the print crooked on the part.

47 minutes ago, Stephan said:

One other issue: the centre of the hole is not in the centre of the image, which makes the print crooked on the part.

Huh... you're right. I'll see what I can do about that.