On 12/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, Stephan said:

[CUT]

[CUT]

image.png.656a5b808fadb3753221aae47a24ad0e.png

Edited by Calabar
Removed parts written in any language different from English. Please note that the language used in this board is English only.

Now that I had some free time I have made some updates to my scripts, it can now export also xml part of flexible parts. I only don't know if "flexAttributes="-0.06,0.06,20,10,10"" for ball connections is some made up data or it is calculated based on something.

Updated flex rod 14 and 16:

G2kb0SFl.png

On 12/20/2020 at 1:51 AM, SylvainLS said:

Er, no.  The new pieces are correctly categorized and go in existing categories.

Those “unknown” categories are here because, either:

1. You’re missing / didn’t copy assembly files.  Assemblies are composed of subparts that are like “normal” parts, except they don’t have a “normal” category.  If the assembly file is missing, the parts are then useable as standalone parts but are not correctly categorised.
  2. You have installed LDD 4.3.12, which comes with a very outdated brick library (version 777) and doesn’t update to the latest (2670, you can check that in Help|About).  Brick version 777 doesn’t have the same categories as 2670, so the newer categories are not found and don’t have an icon.
  3. You did something wrong within your db folder.

I’d go with n°2.

Yup, you´re right. After i uninstalled that hot mess, i installed the 4.2.12 version from Lego´s website. I had LDD installed on my PC for so long i even forgot there was trouble with the ...12 Version.

Trying to find the 4.3.11 version now

2 hours ago, badchriss said:

Yup, you´re right. After i uninstalled that hot mess, i installed the 4.2.12 version from Lego´s website. I had LDD installed on my PC for so long i even forgot there was trouble with the ...12 Version.

Trying to find the 4.3.11 version now

https://web.archive.org/web/20190622153357/https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/downloads/ldd2.0/installer/setupLDD-PC-4_3_11.exe

On 12/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, Jason C. Hand said:

Hello again. Might it be possible to add these listed below?

36762 - Black Minifigure, Hair Thick and Messy

37697 - Reddish Brown Minifigure, Hair Mid-Length and Wavy with Bangs

36806 - Light Bluish Gray Minifigure, Hair Long, Parted in Center

38451pb02 - Light Bluish Gray Minifigure, Hair Combo,  Hat with Hair Long and Straight, Dark Tan Hat with Dark Brown Tassel Pattern

37701 - Light Nougat Minifigure, Head Modified Dobby Type 2

43745 - Tan Minifigure, Head Modified Dobby Type 1 Plain (I may still have this one on my Bricksafe page. If anyone wants to include it in the next update, link is here: https://bricksafe.com/files/Pockyman30/misc./43745 [5-26-20 Update].zip)

bb0866pb01 - Medium Nougat Torso Large (New Hagrid Torso)

37784 - Dark Brown Minifigure, Hair Long and Bushy with Moustache and Beard

All of these were added in the new harry Potter subline.

The following parts seems to be in Unity:

37697 (only xml collision, but no geometry)
37701 (only xml collision, but no geometry)
37784 (only xml collision, but no geometry)

I already did 36762 and 36806. They are in my git repo. I also added BrickLink - Part 3777937783c01 : Lego Arm Large with Pin, (Matching Left and Right) Pair with Light Nougat Hands [Minifigure, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

But I have the feeling the hands are 'sticking out' too much. Maybe anyone can have a look and check ?

I also added a couple of other parts (the Dino Legs are however not complete and rather not useful so far):

New-Parts.PNG

Edited by M2m

11 hours ago, M2m said:

Thanks, but sadly the download process gives me a "Download failed" message. :(

Edit: Never mind silly old me. Why searching far away when the things you need are right at your doorstep...or in this case right here in this forum:

Edit2: Ah fudge, i just can´t get it to work. The new parts aren´t appearing for me when i tried to install them.Guess no cool new parts for me then :(

An installer exe would probably make things a lot easy for people like me who aren´t exactly wizards...

No to carefully read everything again so i won´t botch my LDD again.....oh boy

Edited by badchriss

7 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

Some fine-tuning is required for flex attributes but it works nice

That's awesome!

12 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

Some fine-tuning is required for flex attributes but it works nice:

NmnYq8ol.png

Are your 3DS Scripts published somewhere? Its really cool work !

Stephan, I saw your thread on New LDD Parts. What a massive, awesome work.

I've used LDD a few years ago, on EV3 projects, I like it. Even back then, it was "no longer supported" by Lego, but it had what I needed back then (EV3 brick, motors, etc.).

Now, apparently, there are no models for the new Robot Inventor 51515 set's hub, battery, angular motors, sensors etc. I did notice your model for Spike Prime's large angular motor. Do you know if anyone has any of the other models, or is working on any?

If not, is there a way I can learn how to put such models together? I'm assuming that if I can produce a model that is correctly designed, I could use it on the present LDD 4.3.11, correct?

Do you know any resource that could help me learn how to produce such LDD models for these new parts?

For those interested, I modified 95342 and made a Multicolor Chicken which includes an eye texture:

Multi_Color_Chicken.PNG

I also added the FBX and Blender file which includes my modification, that is meshes separations and UV mapping for those interested.

@polymaker Is there an 'easy' way to only generate outlines for only certain meshes ? I used the workaround to first import those meshes for which I like outlines, then use the 'Generate Outlines' function and after that import other meshes (in that case the mesh which carries the eye texture) and then export everything to LDD without triggering the 'Generate Outlines' function again. It works, but I just wonder if a) this is 'legal' and b) if there is a simpler way to do that.

Another question to everyone: Is there a naming scheme / naming standard for textures ? For the eyes of the chicken I didn't need to create a new texture, I reused the minifig head texture and with clever UV mapping the mouth is not shown. But for the Hazmat Guy I created a new texture and I wasn't really sure which format to follow.

13 hours ago, Roboteer said:

Now, apparently, there are no models for the new Robot Inventor 51515 set's hub, battery, angular motors, sensors etc. I did notice your model for Spike Prime's large angular motor. Do you know if anyone has any of the other models, or is working on any?

If you have partnumbers / designIDs for those items (hub, battery, angular motor, sensor...), they might be part of the 'Unity pack' and could theoretically be converted into LDD bricks. I saw a couple of 'battery housings' and other 'electronic parts' but so far didn't bother to convert them.

I added a list of parts which are inside the Unity pack but not in LDD according to my analysis here.

Maybe you can check if you find parts you want to have in LDD and then if I have some time I might convert them to LDDs format.

Cheers

Edited by M2m

1 hour ago, M2m said:

Another question to everyone: Is there a naming scheme / naming standard for textures ? For the eyes of the chicken I didn't need to create a new texture, I reused the minifig head texture and with clever UV mapping the mouth is not shown. But for the Hazmat Guy I created a new texture and I wasn't really sure which format to follow.

I generally use the 7-digit DesignID. So 4623959 for the chicken's decoration.

The decoration for the Hazmat helmet cannot be applied to the correct position though when I downloaded your files (I changed the decorationID to 4619311 though). Can the decoration be applied to the part in your LDD?

Edited by Stephan

20 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I generally use the 6-digit DesignID. So 4623959 for the chicken's decoration.

The decoration for the Hazmat helmet cannot be applied to the correct position though when I downloaded your files (I changed the decorationID to 4619311 though). Can the decoration be applied to the part in your LDD?

I just pushed a slight update. Maybe you can check again ?  For me it looks like this (If you change the decoration filename you also have to adjust the DecorationMapping.xml. I didn't update the deco filename yet) :

95216.PNG

Edited by M2m

3 minutes ago, M2m said:

I just pushed a slight update. Maybe you can check again ?  For me it looks like this (If you change the decoration filename you also have to adjust the DecorationMapping.xml. I didn't update the deco filename yet) :

I noticed :). I did update the DecorationMapping, but there were only 2 *.g files: the mesh for the part  and the mesh for the visor. So that's why the decoration could not be applied, a third *.g files was missing for the decoration surface.

44 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I generally use the 6-digit DesignID. So 4623959 for the chicken's decoration.

Nevermind the above! This works in LDD Extended, but not in a Parts Palette (my 2020NewPreColoredParts), LDD crashes when starting when using 7-digit numbers...

Edited by Stephan

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Nevermind the above! This works in LDD Extended, but not in a Parts Palette (my 2020NewPreColoredParts), LDD crashes when starting when using 7-digit numbers...

Ok no problem. I found the 'Radioactive' decoration comes already with LDD 4.3.11. Its 95217.png. I updated my Hazmat part again and also the DecorationMapping.xml to use the original decoration from LDD 4.3.11.

In fact the Hazmat Helmet was already there as part 93224. But the correct DecorationsMapping to point to the radioactive logo was missing. I fixed this just now. 

Edited by M2m

15 minutes ago, M2m said:

Ok no problem.

I was thinking: every printed (modern) part has its own ID, we can use that as DecorationID (it's 5 digits). Multiple decorations on a part would be DecorationID1, DecorationID2 etc.

Im trying to import this piece  23447 Rock piece on Studio from LDD and its impossible, its another way to get an alternative model for that piece in LDD? or maybe import it directly to the Studio part designer via format .obj .dat .ldr (the problem is that I dont know hot to get that piece in those formats)

Just now, CorvusA said:

Im trying to import this piece  23447 Rock piece on Studio from LDD and its impossible, its another way to get an alternative model for that piece in LDD? or maybe import it directly to the Studio part designer via format .obj .dat .ldr (the problem is that I dont know hot to get that piece in those formats)

A raw LDraw conversion from LDD’s model of 23447 is available on digital-bricks.de.  Download, import in PartDesigner, add connectivity (I guess you’ll need a custom connection type to connect halves), then export to Studio.

2 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

A raw LDraw conversion from LDD’s model of 23447 is available on digital-bricks.de.  Download, import in PartDesigner, add connectivity (I guess you’ll need a custom connection type to connect halves), then export to Studio.

Man, you are a genious ??

On 12/26/2020 at 5:29 AM, M2m said:

But I have the feeling the hands are 'sticking out' too much. Maybe anyone can have a look and check ?

The hands should be slightly deeper in the arms.

Is there/Will there be a priority to use the parts from the microgame?  Will the parts made from LDraw be replaced with the ones in the microgame?

Because, according to the ldraw.xml included in the microgame, there’s already overlap… and, of course, the conversions aren’t the same.

11 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Will the parts made from LDraw be replaced with the ones in the microgame?

If the parts from LDraw have the same 3D mesh quality, they will not be replaced. It's mainly: whichever mesh has the best quality.

12 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Is there/Will there be a priority to use the parts from the microgame?

Not necessarily; M2m is focussing on the Unity Microgame's, and I more or less do ones from LDraw (that do not have subfiles).