Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Funnysh said:

Now i make riddler , poison ivy hair from batman movie, ghost rider head piece, hand of time, it's already make, but i want to make more in update, 

I have 2 questions

1. How to make printable pieces, i need it to fix some pieces

2. I have a bug, i can't use decoration tool, what i should to do?

I think user @zweifuss knows most about decorations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've tried to make a render with bluerender and i've seen a custom part i used is missing in the render...

the part is "35787 tile modified 2x2 triangular"

maybe is a bluerender problem with only this part or with all new "custom" parts?

P.S.: i've checked now with blueprint for the instructions... and if my model contains one new "custom" part, the software doesn't show me any instruction step... is all empty

Edited by Rustinidiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rustinidiel said:

i've tried to make a render with bluerender and i've seen a custom part i used is missing in the render...

the part is "35787 tile modified 2x2 triangular"

maybe is a bluerender problem with only this part or with all new "custom" parts?

P.S.: i've checked now with blueprint for the instructions... and if my model contains one new "custom" part, the software doesn't show me any instruction step... is all empty

I think both bluerender and blueprint are not aware of extracted db folder and only read from db.lif. To use both of these tools you need to 'pack' all parts back into db.lif. I created a tool called LIFCreator which is using python. It is however very slow on Windows.

https://github.com/sttng/LIF-Creator

 

Edited by M2m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Funnysh said:

were do you get lego models, or ypu make it yourself?

On a rare occasion I get them from LDraw, but mostly I gather them from other users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, Funnysh said:

@M2m @jester @Stephan @polymaker

I want to add print on new iron man helmet part, but  this part can't be decorated, what i can do, to fix it?

You need to import into Blender and give the surface a UV-map. Jester made a video a while ago, search through this thread and you'll find it, he helped me understand how to do it. Sorry I don't have time to find a direct link, but it's there I know it. Once you have made the segment you want decoratable have a UV-map, then you export it out again and import into brickstudio. Once in brickstudio, you import the surface separately as a decoratable part and then you'll see the UV-map on it. That's basically it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stephan can you please check why all files pointed to dropbox from "LDD New Parts" topic are deleted? Are you planning to upload new version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UrSuS said:

can you please check why all files pointed to dropbox from "LDD New Parts" topic are deleted?

Should be fixed now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot! As I understand latest .rar includes all the new parts created so far?
Tested on last .lxf and got error:
image.png.cecb1c9b76ee94bc84e4ce2b62d28faa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UrSuS said:

Tested on last .lxf and got error:

Yes, could be true. Those files will be re-added in the next update (it's a helmet and the mini doll head).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 9:40 AM, M2m said:

I think both bluerender and blueprint are not aware of extracted db folder and only read from db.lif. To use both of these tools you need to 'pack' all parts back into db.lif. I created a tool called LIFCreator which is using python. It is however very slow on Windows.

https://github.com/sttng/LIF-Creator

 

i've downoaded the "lif creator" and Python, but not understanded how to use them to create a new db.lif for blueprint and bluerender..
i've sent to you a PM, if you can help me thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At M2m: Tried the LIF creator and it did create a lif file, but when running blueprint, it crashed with a popup message about the file info.xml not found and in the commandbox the following info:

Starting Blueprint v0026.. Good luck!
Current folder: C:\Data\Blueprint0026
Initializing database..
Database is located in: C:\Users\tempa\AppData\Roaming\Blueprint\database\brickcache.db
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: File not found /info.xml
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.b(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.initApp(Unknown Source)
        at a.a.start(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$4(WinApplication.java:187)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: File not found /info.xml
        at lib.ldd.lif.LIFReader.readInternalFile(Unknown Source)
        ... 15 more

I only packed the db folder which does contain a file called info.xml..

I am very much interested in an uptodate blueprint so I hope you can come up with a solution. Maybe you can create a working uptodate lif file for us?;-)

Ton

 

Edited by TonP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TonP said:

At M2m: Tried the LIF creator and it did create a lif file, but when running blueprint, it crashed with a popup message about the file info.xml not found and in the commandbox the following info:

...

I am very much interested in an uptodate blueprint so I hope you can come up with a solution. Maybe you can create a working uptodate lif file for us?;-)

Ton

 

 I created an exe file of the python script for Windows users. It is still very very slow on Windows. Anyway you can get it in the same github repo:

sttng/LIF-Creator: LIF Creator - A tool to package files and folders into LEGO Digital Designer LIF files. (github.com)

Usage (mind the \ at the end !):

LIFCreator.exe "C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\db"\

In case this doesn’t work, let’s continue the discussion in the appropriate thread for LIFCreator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big big super thank you for bringing LDD to live again!

The instructions how to install and update with new primities was easy and work like a charm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since I already was at it... I made rest of the new parts. I think about releasing them once the numbers are known and later simply updating 3D models (in case of wheel arches) when proper measures are made.

85wXkvwl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Equilibrium said:

So since I already was at it... I made rest of the new parts. I think about releasing them once the numbers are known and later simply updating 3D models (in case of wheel arches) when proper measures are made.

 

Awesome job, well done! Regarding cowling I think there might be some other connection point or such so they latch in/stay in the fender panel? Or is just their width holding them there?

Edited by Zerobricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'm sure they extend under the arch and I'd guess they latch on the edge, but without actuall pictures it's hard to tell. For now it's just a simple shape:

W1qe3HMl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

Yes, I'm sure they extend under the arch and I'd guess they latch on the edge, but without actuall pictures it's hard to tell. For now it's just a simple shape:

W1qe3HMl.png

Welcome to the new LDD, where parts are included even before Lego releases the actualy model :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.