Recommended Posts

Hey, does anyone have a physical minifigure roller skate (11253) at home? I've got a hunch that the little holes in the hubs of the wheels might work as a connection for a "headgear accessory" pin, but I've got no way to check if its legal on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2023 at 6:17 AM, BrokenEye said:

Hey, does anyone have a physical minifigure roller skate (11253) at home? I've got a hunch that the little holes in the hubs of the wheels might work as a connection for a "headgear accessory" pin, but I've got no way to check if its legal on my end.

The easiest way to check this is by using Mecabricks. Those parts are super accurate to life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2023 at 10:17 PM, BrokenEye said:

Hey, does anyone have a physical minifigure roller skate (11253) at home? I've got a hunch that the little holes in the hubs of the wheels might work as a connection for a "headgear accessory" pin, but I've got no way to check if its legal on my end.

Took a look. Said holes aren't deep enough for a headgear pin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2023 at 11:29 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Took a look. Said holes aren't deep enough for a headgear pin.

Well, it was worth a shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2023 at 8:04 PM, suenkachun said:

Since a few LDD Updates ago, I have put together a comprehensive PDF Guide regarding LDD Decoration Sizes. The aim was quite simple: to help everyone design the most accurate Decoration PNG images of common regular Bricks for use in LDD, whether they are custom creations or official images to be submitted here for future LDD updates. Simply use the relevant details when designing Decorations for any listed Brick and they will fit onto the relevant Brick surfaces perfectly, with each new LDD Update being released I check all of the newly decoratable Bricks and expand the PDF Guide with more Bricks under existing categories and brand-new entries. After a whole week of studying the latest LDD Update and the various UV Mapping PNG Images in the “UV maps” folder, I have finally completed the new version of the PDF Guide which can be downloaded here (same link as before).

Stepping into 2024, I have had a few moments to revisit the comprehensive PDF Guide regarding LDD Decoration Sizes I wrote a while back. Last updated in late November 2023, that version of the Guide added new Bricks, updated UV Mappings and most importantly supplied selected entries with UV Mappings created as Vector Images (SVG) for exact Pixel measurements and better curves.

Update contents this time include adding information regarding the UV Mapping of “Part 6179 Plate 4×4 W. 4 Knobs” which I finally figured out recently, rebuilding the two main tables to improve the overall layout and minor text fixes here and there. In addition, as mentioned near the end of the Guide, “Someone on DeviantArt kindly posted seven graphs regarding LEGO Slope (and Plate) Dimensions”, not realising before I could login and download the full versions for free I only relied on the full-size previews which meant one key measurement was completely omitted: the diameter of a LEGO Stud which is 0.48 cm. With this measurement obtained three Brick Entries are now updated with Pixel-perfect measurements since the enlarged Studs are now directly scaled up from the original, their new larger diameter being 307.2 Pixels but rounded up to 308 Pixels for the final PNG Image after output. One last change is updating the Vector UV Mapping of Part 3001 Brick 2×4 so that the four side surfaces have a precise Height of 307.2 Pixels after scaling up and the four vertical gaps modified to accommodate these changes, all adjusted accordingly in the final PNG Image after output. The latest version of the PDF Guide can be downloaded here (same link as before), hopefully it will continue to be useful for all and thanks for stopping by again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Custom LDD Update 20240120 has been released!

240120.png

This update includes 48 new parts, 8 updated original parts, 11 updated custom parts, 81 pre-colored/pre-decorated parts, and 4 new colors.

See the update on Eurobricks, or on CustomLDDUpdates.com

Patrons got 20-day early access to this update. Interested in becoming a Patron? See my Patreon.

Edited by Stephan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Custom LDD Update 20240120 has been released!

240120.png

This update includes 48 new parts, 8 updated original parts, 11 updated custom parts, 81 pre-colored/pre-decorated parts, and 4 new colors.

See the update on Eurobricks, or on CustomLDDUpdates.com

Patrons got 20-day early access to this update. Interested in becoming a Patron? See my Patreon.

Thanks for the second LDD Update in 2024! Just installed the “Complete LDD update package” or “LDD New Parts.rar” from Dropbox and it seems like this update was not incorporated into those complete files, unless new updates will be separate from the complete files from now on. This explains why I was unable to locate some of the new content, will report back for any issues after I install the “20240120.rar” file, sorry for the confusion in my first draft of this post.

Anyways, during this period I manually updated the two current Colour Name Files and the German version has been further improved. Other than “Material155 Tr. Grün mit Glitzernd” changed to “Material155 Tr. Grün Mit Glitzernd”, there are currently 35 LDD Colours containing “-ish” (Reddish, Yellowish or Bluish) in their name but only five Colour Names with “Rötlich” (Reddish) in the German version. The rest do not use “-lich” (“-ish”) at all, so updated the German names of the remaining 30 Colours to make sure “-lich” (“-ish”) is always included (Rötlich=Reddish, Gelblich=Yellowish, Blaulich=Bluish). Hopefully, these fixes can be incorporated into the next LDD Update too.

Edited by suenkachun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stephan said:

This update includes 48 new parts, 8 updated original parts, 11 updated custom parts, 81 pre-colored/pre-decorated parts, and 4 new colors.

Brickwise the update seems fine so far, but the latest “240120.lxf” file is missing the following three highlighted Decorations after I installed the “20240120.rar” file, it says one Brick removed so probably related to this.

1280x656.png

P.S., earlier I submitted the full set of Warning Tile Decorations here, just noticed that the 1×6 version was included in this update, so decided to quickly regenerate the Decoration from my base files using the updated UV Mapping of this Flat Tile. The following full version at 1024px times 1024px should be the most accurate so this can replace the version supplied in the latest update if necessary, the original squashed 1×4 Warning Tile Decoration used full Black (RGB: 0/0/0) instead of LDD Black (RGB: 2742/52) which is why all of my new variants use full Black too unlike the version supplied with the latest update (I can still change mine if this one does use LDD Black). Hoping to see the rest added at some point too, also please replace the existing 24075 and 58858 with the new versions included in that post. Thanks.

New%2038273.png

Edited by suenkachun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested the new parts out, looking great so far; I was only able to find 2 connectivity problems - nothing can be attached to the antistuds on 5066, and no Technic wheel hub of any kind can be attached to 100943. Part 3803 isn't in the files; that's the one that gets removed when opening the .lxf containing all the new pieces. Finally, there's a serious collision error with 5405, it cannot mesh with the regular Technic knob wheel, defeating the piece's whole reason for existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Tested the new parts out, looking great so far; I was only able to find 2 connectivity problems - nothing can be attached to the antistuds on 5066, and no Technic wheel hub of any kind can be attached to 100943. Part 3803 isn't in the files; that's the one that gets removed when opening the .lxf containing all the new pieces. Finally, there's a serious collision error with 5405, it cannot mesh with the regular Technic knob wheel, defeating the piece's whole reason for existence.

This should all be fixed now.

13 hours ago, suenkachun said:

missing the following three highlighted Decorations

This is fixed now.

14 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Anyways, during this period I manually updated the two current Colour Name Files and the German version has been further improved. Other than “Material155 Tr. Grün mit Glitzernd” changed to “Material155 Tr. Grün Mit Glitzernd”, there are currently 35 LDD Colours containing “-ish” (Reddish, Yellowish or Bluish) in their name but only five Colour Names with “Rötlich” (Reddish) in the German version. The rest do not use “-lich” (“-ish”) at all, so updated the German names of the remaining 30 Colours to make sure “-lich” (“-ish”) is always included (Rötlich=Reddish, Gelblich=Yellowish, Blaulich=Bluish)

Since the upcoming update contains 49 new colors, this will be updated in the upcoming update.

13 hours ago, suenkachun said:

P.S., earlier I submitted the full set of Warning Tile Decorations here, just noticed that the 1×6 version was included in this update, so decided to quickly regenerate the Decoration from my base files using the updated UV Mapping of this Flat Tile. The following full version at 1024px times 1024px should be the most accurate so this can replace the version supplied in the latest update if necessary, the original squashed 1×4 Warning Tile Decoration used full Black (RGB: 0/0/0) instead of LDD Black (RGB: 2742/52) which is why all of my new variants use full Black too unlike the version supplied with the latest update (I can still change mine if this one does use LDD Black). Hoping to see the rest added at some point too, also please replace the existing 24075 and 58858 with the new versions included in that post.

Sorry, I still have to look into this more detailed. You are doing an amazing job, I just need to allocate time to check and incorporate this.

Edited by Stephan
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2024 at 11:55 PM, Stephan said:

This update includes 48 new parts, 8 updated original parts, 11 updated custom parts, 81 pre-colored/pre-decorated parts, and 4 new colors.

Just noticed that this issue linked below seems to not have been fixed, at least the latest “240120.lxf” file can now be opened completely error-free. Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it normal that I had to manually rewrite the LDDExtended.lif to get the new colours in my palette?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Is it normal that I had to manually rewrite the LDDExtended.lif to get the new colours in my palette?

Yes and no.

LDD reads everything that’s in the directory, files and subdirectories.  So you just needed to move the older LDDExtended.lif away.  Otherwise, it’s you and your luck which info LDD’s reading last: the old lif file or the new files in the extracted folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2024 at 12:35 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Curious if/when the SCCBS parts will get added to LDD

 

--What does the 'S' stand for here?-- Nevermind. System CCBS. The new 1x2 Brick will be in the next update. Which parts are you missing?

23 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Just noticed that this issue linked below seems to not have been fixed,

Oops, I checked this one and didn't find an error on my side, but I didn't include the files... will be next update. 

Edited by Stephan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Yes and no.

LDD reads everything that’s in the directory, files and subdirectories.  So you just needed to move the older LDDExtended.lif away.  Otherwise, it’s you and your luck which info LDD’s reading last: the old lif file or the new files in the extracted folder.

Thanks, I already wondered why there were two very similiar files xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stephan said:

--What does the 'S' stand for here?-- Nevermind. System CCBS. The new 1x2 Brick will be in the next update. Which parts are you missing?

The armor shell and chest piece 

79896.png
79897.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, shitmaster3001 said:

would be neat if  all the pieces needed to build the toa mata are inculded

At some point they will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.