2 hours ago, Stephan said:

Fixed

One should be located next to the AT-AT stickers, and the other (exactly the same) in the top left at the adjusted original parts section.

Fixed.

Thanks for all the speedy fixes. Are the updated files published on both Dropbox and GitHub or have they not been uploaded yet? I just installed the Dropbox version again and the new fixes seem to be not applied yet.

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

Thanks for all the speedy fixes. Are the updated files published on both Dropbox and GitHub or have they not been uploaded yet? I just installed the Dropbox version again and the new fixes seem to be not applied yet.

They are now ready for the next update, but I'll add them to Github tomorrow.

54 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Was the bracket fixed?

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Thank you so much, I will download the latest files from GitHub later tomorrow then as some of these fixes will be important for a few of my current projects.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Not sure what happened to mine then when it installed but this is what mine looks like.

bracket_bug.png

It still has the proper connections. But the model is offset and lines up with the brick rather than the bracket.

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Not sure what happened to mine then when it installed but this is what mine looks like.

I will add the new files this afternoon. That should fix it. 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:30 PM, suenkachun said:

Unfortunately, I just noticed a few more minor typos in the PDF Guide, within the two Methods to output Decorations For Part 3062 Round Brick 1×1 several values and other text were incorrect. The correct information should be:

Create the Decoration within a Borderless Square with both Height and Width 0.9 cm, then either align the Square to the centre of another Transparent Borderless Square but with both Height and Width 0.96 cm (0.3 cm gap on either side) and scale up the new Square to 1024 Pixels times 1024 Pixels for output; or scale up the Decoration to 960 Pixels times 960 Pixels, align the scaled-up Square to the centre of a Transparent Borderless Square with both Height and Width 1024 Pixels (36 Pixels gap on either side) and output.

Due to these updates, the corresponding values of Part 3062 Round Brick 1×1 in the previous two tables have also been updated: for Dimensions, it used to be 0.96 cm times 0.9 cm, but since the note “Place Within 0.96×0.96 Square” is already there the correct Dimensions should now be 0.9 cm times 0.9 cm; for the scaled-up values, it used to be 1024 Pixels times 960 Pixels, but since the note “Place Within 1024 Pixels times 1024 Pixels Times 1024 Pixels Square” is already there the correct values should now be 960 Pixels times 960 Pixels.

The updated PDF Guide can be downloaded here (same link as before), sorry again for all inconveniences caused!

Due to the latest LDD updates, the PDF Guide regarding Decoration Sizes in LDD had to be updated again to add new information regarding newly added decoratable Brick surfaces. However, I just noticed this evening that the additional information for outputting Decorations of Part 3024 Plate 1×1 (Front Vertical Surface) and Part 3023 Plate 1×2 (Front Vertical Surface) had been accidentally swapped. I checked the original information provided here and corrected the PDF Guide immediately, with the correct information as follows: Decorations for Part 3024 Plate 1×1 (Front Vertical Surface) being a 1:2 Square after being scaled-up and the shorter side enlarged, while Decorations for Part 3023 Plate 1×2 (Front Vertical Surface) being a 1:4 Square after being scaled-up and the shorter side enlarged.

Once the error was fixed, new information was added such as the surfaces of Bricks and Plates With Bow, more variations of Plates and Flat Tiles, more Wall Elements and so on. Some of the text has also been updated to better separate and identify the different Bricks within the two tables.

The latest PDF Guide can be downloaded here (same link as before), sorry for all inconveniences caused!

EDIT: Latest PDF changed the publishing date to today and restored formatting (I accidentally deleted the original Word, oops, thank goodness for the PDF)!

Edited by suenkachun

Who knows how to correct this shading/color difference in Blender after separating surfaces?

temp.png

In 3D Max you'd average vertex normals on surface edges for both meshes so their vectors points in the same direction.

MXzn0n3.png

I just absolutely cannot get any of this to work. Where exactly do you extract the rar file? Into the db file, or where you can see the db file? In Users>[user]>appdata>roaming>loego company> lego digital designer     I have a list of files that says:

db (file folder)

Palettes (file folder)

LDD new parts (rar file)

origdb (lif file)

preferences (configuration settings)

Is this where I should unpack the rar file?

Edited by Brockhenhaus

39 minutes ago, Brockhenhaus said:

I just absolutely cannot get any of this to work. Where exactly do you extract the rar file? Into the db file, or where you can see the db file? In Users>[user]>appdata>roaming>loego company> lego digital designer     I have a list of files that says:

db (file folder)

Palettes (file folder)

LDD new parts (rar file)

origdb (lif file)

preferences (configuration settings)

Is this where I should unpack the rar file?

Welcome! Please post in the supporting topic next time. For your question, once you extract the rar file, just copy all files into the corresponding position. For the Palettes folder in the rar file, please copy all its contents into the corresponding Palettes folder in your PC. Please extract the LDD.lif and LDDExtended.lif in the same way you extracted the db.lif file before you copy things over, then replace all files when prompted.

For the db folder, first extract the db.lif file on your PC, then copy flies over and replace all when necessary. If you have added your own Decorations into LDD, please manually update the file DecorationMapping.xml on your PC. If you have added your own Colours into LDD, please manually update all colour-related files.

Edited by suenkachun

3 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

In 3D Max you'd average vertex normals on surface edges for both meshes so their vectors points in the same direction.

MXzn0n3.png

Thanks you!! I'll try that in Blender.

Thanks so much for adding in the classic space crater baseplate I requested! I'm having an issue with the new colours not showing up in the colour selector, even though I replaced all the relevant XML files with the new ones. Is there something else I'm missing or some version issue? I'm on the final LDD version.

3 hours ago, Qahne said:

I'm having an issue with the new colours not showing up in the colour selector,

Did you keep Palettes\LDDExtended.lif after extracting it?  LDD reads ALL the files and folders in Palettes, and depending on the order it reads them (seems pretty random), it reads the lif after the extracted directory (the one with the modified MaterialSelector.xml), thus reverting the changes.

TL;DR: move the .lif you extracted elsewhere.

10 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Did you keep Palettes\LDDExtended.lif after extracting it?  LDD reads ALL the files and folders in Palettes, and depending on the order it reads them (seems pretty random), it reads the lif after the extracted directory (the one with the modified MaterialSelector.xml), thus reverting the changes.

TL;DR: move the .lif you extracted elsewhere.

yep, this was it! thanks so much!

Hi, a couple errors found in the GitHub parts:

• 65401 / 65402: wrong connections (or wrong 3D model) (again!), you can put a pin in the axle hole / you can’t put a pin in the pin hole.
  • 65633: still missing a file on GitHub and LDD goes kaboom.

1 hour ago, Qahne said:

Would it be possible to add part 44511 - Onion Dome? Thanks!

Yes! Already added. It was on my list as well :) Will upload the files to Github Monday aftenoon

Edited by Stephan

Just noticed a slightly odd behaviour with two LDD Parts.

LDD%20Round%20Plates%20Glitch.png

As shown above, a Part 15535 and a Part 18674 have been inserted, when placed horizontally like you usually would nothing is wrong, but when inserting them vertically the 15535 is clearly positioned slightly higher than the 18674 (height differences is less than one Plate); given that 15535 is a more recent addition perhaps it should be adjusted to match the other original Parts. On the other hand, Part 4740 is currently not aligned within one of the LDD base Grid Squares like other similar Plates. Since this was an official Part for a long time and was only recently modified to enable Decorations, perhaps this Part should be re-aligned if this was not its original position (which I cannot check back now).

2 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

It was already working that way in official LDD.

Thanks for the info, if that is the case nothing should be changed here. However, 15535 just might benefit from being re-positioned back onto the ground vertically (being an odd one out within similar Plates) so this will be another suggestion to consider as long as the change will not break too many existing models.

Forgot to say: the culprit is the bounding box, not the position.  (You can see the BBs by hitting 1, 2 or 3 in Developper mode.)