On 2/27/2022 at 5:10 AM, Stephan said:

Yes, will do this. The planet half will be terrible to do though :look:. But they will be fixed in the next real update.

Thanks for the great work as usual! I checked the Bricks in the screenshot after the latest update again and here’s the latest information.

Within the screenshot, only 45800, 45801 and 98107 have been fully fixed, but for 98107 nothing can be connected to the anti-studs. Ignoring 3900, the rest of the Bricks all need updated collisions for future LDD updates. 35646 (Crystal) and 51270 (Pumpkin) should be easier to fix as they only collide with other Bricks on the edges, while 25195 is only missing collision at the top part of the round tube and the Plate 2×6 section at the base works fine, also easy to fix. In addition, I just found another Brick needing to be fixed.

800x410.png

Part 32828 Plate 1×1 Round W/Horizontal 3.2 Shaft has a tiny bit sticking out underneath the Round Plate 1×1 (circled in Blue above), and at the moment this tiny bit can collide with other Bricks beneath it if inserted too deep.

There is no rush at all in updating these Bricks as everything does take time to complete, just wanted to make a progress check and post a reminder. For now, anyone using most of the Bricks in the screenshot will expect issues needing to be fixed so please place them carefully to avoid being removed in the future. Thanks again!

Edited by suenkachun

How do you add colors to LDD's paint tool so that all the colors as of 2022 show up on the color pallet? I have the file "Complete Color chart - 2022.lxf" and have to open every time I want one of the new (non-standard) colors, use the "color picker tool" in LDD to change the new color, and then color each brick individually instead of all at once based on my brick selection choice. I followed the below video, so all the new bricks show up in my LDD interface, but not the new colors.  Thanks. v/r, Brian

4 hours ago, bjwhitbeck said:

How do you add colors to LDD's paint tool so that all the colors as of 2022 show up on the color pallet? I have the file "Complete Color chart - 2022.lxf" and have to open every time I want one of the new (non-standard) colors, use the "color picker tool" in LDD to change the new color, and then color each brick individually instead of all at once based on my brick selection choice. I followed the below video, so all the new bricks show up in my LDD interface, but not the new colors.  Thanks. v/r, Brian

Do you use LDD Extended? If you have added all color-related files, the new, current colors should show in the palette.

5 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Do you use LDD Extended? If you have added all color-related files, the new, current colors should show in the palette.

Only a few of them are showing up for me. I assumed it was a work in progress.

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

Do you use LDD Extended? If you have added , the new, current colors should show in the palette.

where can i find all color-related files?

17 hours ago, Stephan said:

Stephan, Thank you for replying. I use extended mode almost exclusively. I have 78 colors in my extended pallet as opposed to 55 in normal mode (if I counted correctly). Am I supposed to have more? I don't have any of the opal, glitter, drum coating, or speckle colors. I am also missing quite a few solid and transparent colors, such as Tr. Black IR and PC Black IR that I use a lot. Thanks, v/r Brian

19 hours ago, bjwhitbeck said:

Stephan, Thank you for replying. I use extended mode almost exclusively. I have 78 colors in my extended pallet as opposed to 55 in normal mode (if I counted correctly). Am I supposed to have more? I don't have any of the opal, glitter, drum coating, or speckle colors. I am also missing quite a few solid and transparent colors, such as Tr. Black IR and PC Black IR that I use a lot. Thanks, v/r Brian

The Black IRs are not in the normal palette since they are rarely used in sets, other than in electronic parts (which are pre-colored in the special palette). For these colors you need to use the color chart and color picker tool. That you are missing the Opal colors is not correct.

Make sure you have the following files in the correct folders: Material Names, CurrentMaterials, Materials and Material Selector.

I'll try to make a downloadable zip file with only the color files soon. That way you can add all current colors without also adding the new parts and other additions.

Can someone explain to me how to add new bricks to LDD, I have tried the "guild" on the main page for new bricks and it almost broke my game, 3 reinstall of the program and the deleting of every fill I touch save it. 

The part I need some help is where and how to place the fills with new parts at 

Just tried to attach Part 25893 3.2 Shaft w/knob to a clip (vertical holders, 6019/61252/60476) and discovered that the clip cannot be aligned to the middle of the shaft perfectly.

800x410.png

As shown above, the two builds on the left demonstrate that the clip will always be misaligned slightly to either side. The third build on the right used an assembly of regular Bricks which forced the clip to be placed in the middle, but the clip is not attached being slightly away from the shaft and attempting to move the clip will cause the joining Brick 1×1 at the back to be misaligned. If the process is reversed so that the 25893 is attached to the clip, it will end up colliding with nearby Bricks as shown below (in this example with the Transparent Brick 1×3 on the left, can also collide with the Brick 1×3 on the right if moved once towards this side).

800x410.png

With the current knowledge of how Bricks in LDD work, will it be possible to adjust 25893 so that any clip can attach to its middle perfectly which also avoids other collision issues? Tried the scaffolding tricks but nothing has worked so far as the attachments are automatic and hard to adjust manually. Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist with this.

Edited by suenkachun

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

The third build on the right used an assembly of regular Bricks which forced the clip to be placed in the middle, but the clip is not attached being slightly away from the shaft and attempting to move the clip will cause the joining Brick 1×1 at the back to be misaligned

This is also not possible in real life. Note that there are 2 shafts w. Know in real life. One with a longer longer section, making the part "in system". This newer one is not yet in LDD. But it will be added soon. I will try to see if I can fix the misalignment issue.

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

This is also not possible in real life. Note that there are 2 shafts w. Know in real life. One with a longer longer section, making the part "in system". This newer one is not yet in LDD. But it will be added soon. I will try to see if I can fix the misalignment issue.

Thanks, I suppose the other part is 79194 then, perhaps this part should also be pre-aligned properly when added into LDD in the future.

Speaking of similar Bricks and Knobs, I just remembered this old question: currently Part 85861 Pl.Round 1×1 W. Throughg. Hole (2009-2019) is in LDD but seemed to be replaced by Part 28626 (2014-2022) in recent years. I can’t tell the difference between these two just by looking at their official images (shown below), but should 28626 be added if there is a significant difference between the two?

4547649.jpgLeft is the official image of 85861 in White and right is the official image of 28626 in White.6168642.jpg

BEW, any chance to see the new Radiator element 10885 added soon, as the old 50946 doesn’t fit when trying to build Set 40532 Vintage Taxi.

Edited by suenkachun

17 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

official image of 85861 in White and right is the official image of 28626 in White.

It might have to do something with the Friction Ridges of the part. I generally differ between molds for transparent parts and solid parts (mainly do to support for Mecabricks for which I build in LDD). But I don't always share these parts since not everybody wants to have 2 identical 1x2 plates in the parts which could lead to error.

19 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

BEW, any chance to see the new Radiator element 10885 added soon, as the old 50946 doesn’t fit when trying to build Set 40532 Vintage Taxi.

Looking at the Bricklink images of 10885 vs 50946, the older one should fit as well? The new one should be more critical due to an extra side wall.

44 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Looking at the Bricklink images of 10885 vs 50946, the older one should fit as well? The new one should be more critical due to an extra side wall.

My bad, 50946 does fit as well, was just a construction error of mine as I had to use the help of a video guide on YouTube before the instructions were finally available digitally not long ago. Good to know about the Part differences too. In this case, 10885 can be added at a later date as there are more important things to prioritise at the moment.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, suenkachun said:

In addition, I just found another Brick needing to be fixed.

I think this is because of the lack of collision of the hollow stud. The studs from original LDD meshes have collision added automatically. But hollow studs might not have that. I'll finish the Decorations of the Countach and will look into it.

13 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I think this is because of the lack of collision of the hollow stud. The studs from original LDD meshes have collision added automatically. But hollow studs might not have that. I'll finish the Decorations of the Countach and will look into it.

If Hollow Studs refer to the Round Brick 1×1 and the Nose Cones (can also apply to Bricks like 85861/86996/35459/4733/etc. which all have at least one hollow stud), I think the issue originates from Part 32828 as try attaching a clip to it and these will also collide with that tiny bit sticking out. Just checked Bricks with Cross and 32828 should only fit when placed at 0°, 90°, 180 and -90° at the furthest position but not at other angles which it can at the moment, as the sticking out bit will fit into the four extended spaces of the cross but will collide with the solid spaces around the cross.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:26 AM, Stephan said:

Aaaand another color has been revealed: 370 Medium Brown. Expect it in the next update.

The latest LEGO Colour “371 Warm Tan” (HEX: #CCA373, converts to RGB: 204/163/115) was recently revealed on Ryan Howerter’s list after “370 Medium Brown” (HEX: #755945, converts to RGB: 117/89/69). Their German Names are “369 Mittel Braun” and 371 “Warmes Hellbraun” (equivalent to Light Brown, I translated the phrase “Tan Colour” via a few different sources and they all produced “Hellbraun” for “Tan”, correct me if I’m wrong) respectively. Both Colours should be added in the next LDD update so stay tuned, if interested import these Colour values directly into LDD ahead of time (don’t forget to assign both English and German Names for completeness or just include English for basic use) and enable them for use (methods have already been mentioned several times in this topic so will be skipped here).

I'll move this across to the LDD forum. I am not exceptionally technical with the software!

Hello guys, how to get uv map from lego brick for texturing. I want to make shaak ti hat texture 

On 3/27/2022 at 9:46 PM, Aradomnguy said:

Can someone explain to me how to add new bricks to LDD, I have tried the "guild" on the main page for new bricks and it almost broke my game, 3 reinstall of the program and the deleting of every fill I touch save it. 

On 4/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, Calabar said:

I'll move your request in the proper topic, maybe you'll find some answer there.

Done :wink:

On 3/28/2022 at 3:46 AM, Aradomnguy said:

Assuming you use Windows:

Assuming you use macOS

Is it possible to fix the ring coloration on part 30367? 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=553c#T=C

Some of the color combos don't allow a full ring of secondary color to go around the part.

For example. If the part is in blue. I can't put a black ring detail on the part. It will just have 2 sides colored black 

Edited by Takanuinuva

9 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Is it possible to find the ring coloration on part 30367? 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=553c#T=C

Some of the color combos don't allow a full ring of secondary color to go around the part.

For example. If the part is in blue. I can't put a black ring detail on the part. It will just have 2 sides colored black 

I suppose it's the problem of mapping of the mesh 
It should be remapped