I wonder if it would be possible to add a connection between minifigure legs and this panel

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93095&idColor=88#T=C&C=88

Since Lego's seems keen on using it as a way to put minifigs in vehicles/mechs instead of studded connections. 

Would make it a bit easier to do so in LDD instead of having to manually line it up.

28 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I wonder if it would be possible to add a connection between minifigure legs and this panel

That's easy. I'll add a stud connection to the panel. Because of the collisions, normal plates and bricks will not fit, but Minifig legs will (just like the newer escalator piece).

10 hours ago, Stephan said:

That's easy. I'll add a stud connection to the panel. Because of the collisions, normal plates and bricks will not fit, but Minifig legs will (just like the newer escalator piece).

I think round 1x1 pieces will likely also connect then, because of how collisions work. 

43 minutes ago, M2m said:

I think round 1x1 pieces will likely also connect then, because of how collisions work. 

No, because the panel has collisions on two sides of the stud connection. I will make it work ;)

24 minutes ago, Funnysh said:

I have a question, how to color parts in brick stuio?

You cannot do that. You can separate meshes, create a new surface with a part, drag the meshes into that. That way you can create an extra colorable surface.

okay, i making castom parts that lego haven't where can i get link for Brick Creator (not studio)

Thank you, now i can make my own parts

Снимок экрана (465).png

Here are the decals for all the orange and fluorescent orange (and one of the green) Nexo Knights power shields

Spoiler

0thkxPT.png

7CzproQ.png

Ytl6uwc.png

1EnjJ2K.png

3sFKSIx.png

TZU9kZK.png

aGbe76K.png

j2ADMVU.png

Aj6DAbF.png

TtXkUsV.png

TIdDObL.png

OCXsx1v.png

mrCXO9B.png

XhREmJ7.pnga0z3PIr.png wasn't sure whether the orange spot on this one was transparent or not

TcbxIdD.png

Mqj6HqN.png

FLNYtC3.png

WAzmpeJ.png this is the green one

flRnQNW.pngHjK8Tvw.pngwasn't sure whether the orange part on this one was transparent or not

jsNuS53.png

lpgfiOA.pngThe purple on this one doesn't look right to me, but this is the closest color on the LEGO palette. I even double-checked BrickLink's color guide

Just finshed the stickers for the new UCS AT-AT if anyone's interested (adding to an update, etc.).  My virtual build is now complete! 51925688651_6b18032e33.jpg

51924715282_08705b2750.jpg

Edited by Mobieus69
Images too large

3 minutes ago, Mobieus69 said:

Just finshed the stickers for the new UCS AT-AT if anyone's interested (adding to an update, etc.).  My virtual build is now complete! 

Nice!

And last but not least, here are all the remaining remade Nexo power shields. Now I can get started on the shields I hadn't made previously... when I feel like it. I kinda wanna try and get some work done on my other projects before then.

ALSO: If nobody has any objections, I'm going to go ahead and delete the old versions of the shields from my Imgur, which will break the comments on this thread that I'd originally posted them. That alright?

Spoiler

gNgjagC.png

KtHqiWA.png

QldOwma.png

iZO1hSZ.png

pLsGMre.png

Spoiler

6uPCB74.png

dnOFN5l.png

33wyCyK.png

jHMi8ni.png

Spoiler

w4ud2ss.png

p0y2gzI.png

1GvASwp.png

m2lYE9y.png

Qi8EYCQ.png

Spoiler

lDF03QD.png

6l7c630.png

9hxw1Wx.png

9TWQ5oq.png

LBNQLGZ.png

DC8MOZ0.png

MA9nUlo.png

Edited by BrokenEye

20 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

ALSO: If nobody has any objections, I'm going to go ahead and delete the old versions of the shields from my Imgur, which will break the comments on this thread that I'd originally posted them. That alright?

No problem. I will download all your new images asap so I can process them later.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:27 AM, BrokenEye said:

Here are the decals for all the orange and fluorescent orange (and one of the green) Nexo Knights power shields

For the future: stickers don't often have sharp corners, but curved ones. For future sticker designs, please add these as well :)

I will do it for the ones you already shared :)

18 minutes ago, Stephan said:

For the future: stickers don't often have sharp corners, but curved ones. For future sticker designs, please add these as well :)

I will do it for the ones you already shared :)

Will do.

Wait, are power shields stickers, or are they painted? The occasional transparent bits would seem to suggest the latter, but I completely missed the entire run of the Nexo Knights theme so I genuinely have no idea. They do look sorta rounded, though (well, some of them do, anyway).

Edited by BrokenEye

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Will do.

Wait, are power shields stickers, or are they painted? The occasional transparent bits would seem to suggest the latter, but I completely missed the entire run of the Nexo Knights theme so I genuinely have no idea. They do look sorta rounded, though (well, some of them do, anyway).

No, power shield are printed! But the Ninjago one and the HP Hogwarts crest (among others) are stickers :)

the small triangle is from the Lego Movie 2 set, where the sticker included a Lime of Earth Blue background as well (I'll add them for this batch).

On 2/24/2022 at 11:30 PM, suenkachun said:

P.S., Even with the current information available I still can’t figure out the dimensions of Decorations to be used on Part 3062 Round Brick 1x1, as it wraps around the Brick on one side and I don’t know the borders. The only relevant example I found was Decoration 13450 “Ü” modified into Decoration 306201 so that the compressed letter now shows properly on the Round Brick, but with a Transparent Background, I won’t know for sure the exact compression values or ratios. Can the Decoration Dimensions or Mapping of this Brick be shared so that relevant Decorations can be more accurate? Thanks in advance!

On 2/25/2022 at 3:21 AM, Stephan said:

I have to look into this. I am planning on releasing the next update Saturday, so I don't think we will manage before that.

With the update finally released and working fully, I guess that there should be more time to look into this now. let me also rephrase my original post a bit.

To make things simple, the main question here is: is there a specific UV map designed for Decorations used on Part 3062 Round Brick 1×1, if so can it be shared so that custom Decoration used on this Brick can be more accurate and everyone can know the standard to follow when contributing future official Decorations for this Brick? What I used to do is assign a square 1024 Pixels times 1024 Pixels Decoration directly onto this surface, but it seems to be stretched out on either side and is therefore not accurate. I did notice that Decoration 13450 “Ü” was modified into Decoration 306201 which compressed the letter a bit so it can be shown properly on the Round Brick, which further proves that my old method was slightly inaccurate. The difficulty with this part as mentioned before is that a Decoration on 3062 wraps around the Brick on one side, therefore the Decoration borders are hard to figure out unless there is an accurate UV mapping available. Thanks in advance!

Speaking of decoration mapping on specific parts, is there a way to change how a decoration is mapped to the 3d model?  Certain parts (mainly non-flat) can be quite distorted when a decoration is actually applied to them.  Minifig arms would be one example.  If you apply a simple square grid you can see how wonky they are.  51928235958_c082499a86_c_d.jpg

@suenkachun

qaei8cx.png

1. Checkered background is your texture, green lines are brick's texture surface borders:
    • if green border was same size as background you'd get 1:1,
    • if a border is smaller then background stuff beyond borders won't get displayed but grid spacing is important! In this example models polygons are in similar size but grid gets shrinked closer to its sides. This mean image will be distorted (in this example stretched) between green line and first white vertical line next to it the most,
    • if a border extends beyond background then texture will get repeated.
  2. Bitmap texture view
  3. How it looks on a surface

DAf0vZK.png

RB1k3zA.png

KZVuinc.png

This is what I mean in 1c point.

1024x1024 uv map with alpha, save as png and add some black background layer below it:

HmuhC6g.png

@Mobieus69 Yes, but changing it would break every existing decoration.

Edited by Equilibrium

41 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

1024x1024 uv map with alpha, save as png and add some black background layer below it:

Thanks for the image! From what I’ve read so far, I guess that as long as the Decoration itself fits within the two Green lines then it can be displayed correctly, while the extra spaces on either side can be kept Transparent unless there is a specific reason to add the black background layer underneath which I haven’t fully understood yet.

@suenkachun I mentioned black just so you can see white lines :P

I also just checked how this particular texture looks like in 3D Max, it seems that LDD doesn't tile it (repeat). So this part can be ignored.

WdNwjGy.png

9 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

I mentioned black just so you can see white lines :P

Understood, thanks for the clarifications so far.