4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Since this part is in Studio? Would it be possible to add it to LDD? 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=65184&idColor=108#T=C&C=108

65184 is part of New Parts in the Unity Lego "microgame". So I guess one can relatively easy add it to LDD.

https://github.com/sttng/LDD/blob/master/NewParts/screenshot/Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 11.07.23 PM.png

I have prepared new update. There's nothing new but it addresses two major issues with some of my parts:

• unintentional disconnecting parts of some assemblies while rotating making it impossible to rotate them,
  • LDD crashing when trying to generate instructions.

Download Link

On 1/22/2022 at 11:49 PM, M2m said:

65184 is part of New Parts in the Unity Lego "microgame". So I guess one can relatively easy add it to LDD.

Speaking of which, anything new come in for the Unity LEGO Microgame?

6 hours ago, Jason C. Hand said:

Speaking of which, anything new come in for the Unity LEGO Microgame?

Nah... unfortunately not. Seems it was a one time release regarding parts. They fixed some bugs and added features, but not parts. Sad :(

18 minutes ago, M2m said:

Nah... unfortunately not. Seems it was a one time release regarding parts. They fixed some bugs and added features, but not parts. Sad :(

Since they now own BL and continue with Stud.io, they might release parts there?

Though I have to say, it was super easy to copy TLG's colission and connection data...

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Since they now own BL and continue with Stud.io, they might release parts there?

Though I have to say, it was super easy to copy TLG's colission and connection data...

Thanks for the continued effort regarding LDD updates. I hope you had a chance to take a look at the issues I posted earlier regarding Part 69729 Tile 2x6, Part 49311 Brick 1x4x3 and Part 3958 Plate 6x6 not fitting in certain situations, which I suspect might also have to do with their collisions being a tiny bit too large (the Plate 6x6 might have already been misplaced by myself before, but I’m pretty sure that the other two Bricks should fit perfectly within my designs, still worth double-checking all three). Hope to see the latest Decorations I posted in the next update here and here too.

Updated versions of three earlier Decorations I made are provided below, as their Colour schemes have been updated in which the two Warning Tiles (1x2 and 1x4) now use Standard Black (RGB:0/0/0) instead of LEGO Black (RGB:27/42/52) and the LEGO Logo continues to use the same Colours from the original SVG image downloaded from the web instead of LDD Colours. Please use the three images below directly instead of the previous versions when publishing the next LDD update, all already using the maximum dimensions accepted by LDD. When producing the updated version of the 1x2 VHS Tape Decoration, I noticed that the original LDD Decoration used Standard Black (RGB:0/0/0) instead of LEGO Black (RGB:27/42/52). Therefore, when producing updated versions of existing Decorations the original Colours found on the existing Decoration must be used again, which is why the three Decoration images below had to be updated.

24075.png

1x2 Warning Flat Tile (24075).

58858.png

1x4 Warning Flat Tile (update of existing 58858).

14875.png

2x2 Flat Tile LEGO Logo (14875, outputted via Vector Graphics editor “Inkscape” with large file size 4.00 MB for the best quality).

Edited by suenkachun

7 hours ago, M2m said:

Okay, thanks again, friend.

THanks, Stephan. I downloaded that app, but for some reason, it dose not work on my laptop. An error pop up when I running it. But I found another app, the Stud.io parts designer. Which can make a part in .Io file.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, M2m said:

https://github.com/sttng/LDD/blob/master/NewParts/screenshot/Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 11.07.23 PM.png

I added 65184 " WEAPON, W/ CROSS HOLE, NO. 1 " to my repo: LDD-New-Parts/Primitives at main · sttng/LDD-New-Parts (github.com)

Also new: 65579 - " MINI WIG, NO. 279 " 

@Stephanfeel free to add to your "official" mod parts pack. Also let me know if any errors :pir-blush:

Hey guys, I noticed what I think is a bug. Minifigure legs don't fit into parts 26050 and 21968, even though the bottoms of these parts appear to have been designed so that minifigure legs would fit. I imagine this is probably related to how minifigure legs don't fit into full height bricks either, even though they do in real life (with only a handful of exceptions) and have been very occasionally used that way in official sets (as with this figure).

I don't know how this works under the hood, but I imagine this could be easily patched by replicating the sort of connector that's on the bottom of minifigure torsos, which accepts both ordinary studs and minifigure leg... uh... top peg things (is there a term for those?).

Edited by BrokenEye

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Hey guys, I noticed what I think is a bug. Minifigure legs don't fit into parts 26050 and 21968, even though the bottoms of these parts appear to have been designed so that minifigure legs would fit. I imagine this is probably related to how minifigure legs don't fit into full height bricks either, even though they do in real life (with only a handful of exceptions) and have been very occasionally used that way in official sets (as with this figure).

I don't know how this works under the hood, but I imagine this could be easily patched by replicating the sort of connector that's on the bottom of minifigure torsos, which accepts both ordinary studs and minifigure leg... uh... top peg things (is there a term for those?).

Fix for 26050: LDD-New-Parts/26050.xml at main · sttng/LDD-New-Parts (github.com). Its only the xml file, which defines collisions and connections. No change in the model 3d data.

Let me know if this works correctly, then I can adjust 21968 too I guess.

Edited by M2m

40 minutes ago, M2m said:

Fix for 26050: LDD-New-Parts/26050.xml at main · sttng/LDD-New-Parts (github.com). Its only the xml file, which defines collisions and connections. No change in the model 3d data.

Let me know if this works correctly, then I can adjust 21968 too I guess.

Works perfectly, but judging by the clipping, I seem to have been mistaken in my conclusion that they were meant to fit together. Still, let's try the other one anyway, just in case.

fT5qnsS.png

Can someone check with real parts if this is legal connection for 21968 and also check for 26050 ?

4 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Oh yeah, this one was definitely meant to fit with the legs. There's little trenches up the sides to accommodate the pegs and everything. Thanks.

OmO8xoc.png

While you're waiting on that, I've done some experimenting of my own to figure out which types of brick bottoms have legal connections to minifig legs and assembled an incomplete list of bricks that fit the description from the first six folders. I'll try to tackle another six later on, though considering what types of bricks are in the next six, I expect there'll be a lot fewer.

Spoiler
  • 2336 (only the pair of holes under the tallest part, facing the short side)
  • 2622 (only under the tallest part of the middle)
  • 3298 (only under the tallest part)
  • 3037 (only under the tallest part)
  • 3038 (only under the tallest part)
  • 3039 (only under the tallest part)
  • 3046 (only under the tall edges)
  • 3297 (only under the tallest part)
  • 4161 (only under the tallest part)
  • 4445 (only every other pair of holes, under the tallest part)
  • 6072 (only along the lowest straight edges closest to the edge of the battlement)
  • 6087 (only in the middle, facing the short side)
  • 6162 (only every other pair of holes, except for along the curved edge)
  • 6212 (only every other pair of holes)
  • 6213 (only every other pair of holes, and only facing the short side)
  • 18455 (every pair of holes except for the ones facing the long side under the tallest part)
  • 18729 (only under the tallest raised part)
  • 23996 (only in the corners and along the jagged bit in the middle)
  • 23949 (only under the tallest part)
  • 28964 (only in the middle, facing the short side)
  • 30076 (only every other pair of holes)
  • 30180 (only every other pair of holes, under the raised portion)
  • 30183 (only along the edges)
  • 30249 (only under the tallest two thirds)
  • 30363 (only under the tallest part)
  • 30373 (only in the corners)
  • 30505 (only in the corner and along the straight edges)
  • 32084 (only the tallest part in the middle)
  • 41747 (only under the tallest part)
  • 41748 (only under the tallest part)
  • 41749 (only under the tallest raised part)
  • 41750 (only under the tallest raised part)
  • 41767 (only facing the long side, along the straight edge)
  • 41768 (only facing the long side, along the straight edge)
  • 42060 (only the middle pair of holes under the tallest part)
  • 42061 (only the middle pair of holes under the tallest part)
  • 43720 (only every other pair of holes, along the straight edge)
  • 43721 (only every other pair of holes, along the straight edge)
  • 43802 (only every other pair of holes)
  • 44042 (only every other pair of holes)
  • 49311 (only every other pair of holes)
  • 50955 (only under the tallest part)
  • 50956 (only under the tallest part)
  • 60033 (only every other pair of holes)
  • 65803 (only in the corners and every other pair of holes in the middle)
  • 76766 (only in the middle facing the short side)
  • 87081 (only in the middle)
  • 93888 (only every third pair of holes)
  • 99301 (only under the tall edges)

Can someone please check 6037? I'm pretty sure it's not legal, but I don't have any octagonal columns in meatspace so I can't be sure.

5 hours ago, CorvusA said:

Just a thought I have no hurry, really appreciate your time and effort.

I am aiming for somewhere in February.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:03 AM, M2m said:

@Stephanfeel free to add to your "official" mod parts pack. Also let me know if any errors :pir-blush:

Done :)

Someone who would like to create the connection field for 80015? :grin: And 80031 and 74166. I hate those curved sections :look:

On 1/29/2022 at 6:03 AM, M2m said:

@Stephanfeel free to add to your "official" mod parts pack.

Would you like to do 49492 (it's in Unity as well)?

8 hours ago, Stephan said:

Would you like to do 49492 (it's in Unity as well)?

Done