11 hours ago, Stephan said:

I will wait with this until the new 2022 Neon Yellow color name and number are known.

Interesting news. Just did some digging and found information of “Vibrant Yellow” on “Rebrickable”: https://rebrickable.com/colors/1062/vibrant-yellow/, available in 2022. According to the link, the “LEGO ID” of “Vibrant Yellow” is “368”, but the “RGB” values of colours on “Rebrickable” seems to be inaccurate, so it’s best to wait for more information. Therefore, the only known information at the moment is Name “Vibrant Yellow” and ID “368”. BTW, the German Translation of “Vibrant Yellow” is “Leuchtend Gelb” ( similar to “Vibrant Coral” which was translated as “Leuchtend Koralle”), so don’t forget to add this into the German version of the “localizedStrings.loc” file (under the “DE” folder) when publishing the files.

16 hours ago, Stephan said:

Awesome work with that :) Works as intended. I use studio too but I still much more like LDD (it is simple (in a good way) fast and smooth) and with all those new parts it is awesome again :) Thank you!

I was wondering could you add part 30211 ? It is available in studio and ldraw so I hope it is not a lot of work? 

Ldraw:

https://www.ldraw.org/parts/official-part-lookup.html?folder=parts&partid=30211

BL image:

30211.png

Thx!

10 hours ago, Kalais said:

I was wondering could you add part 30211 ? It is available in studio and ldraw so I hope it is not a lot of work?

Should be do-able :)

5 hours ago, UrSuS said:

I guess Lego designers use our LDD version :)

I guess the collision boxes of the arch part are a bit rough :tongue:

6 hours ago, UrSuS said:

I guess Lego designers use our LDD version :)

So LEGO, the company that publishes LDD, wants it updated badly enough to install a third party mod, but not badly enough to, y'know, release an update?

On 12/19/2021 at 9:59 PM, Stephan said:

Awesome! That worked! If you manage to fix any of the other new decoratable parts, please share the *.obj files with me :)

I haven't noticed any other parts that have discontinuous vertex normals, but if there are specific parts you want fixed in a similar way, let me know and I'll get it done :)

6 hours ago, Qahne said:
On 12/19/2021 at 10:59 PM, Stephan said:

Awesome! That worked! If you manage to fix any of the other new decoratable parts, please share the *.obj files with me :)

I haven't noticed any other parts that have discontinuous vertex normals, but if there are specific parts you want fixed in a similar way, let me know and I'll get it done :)

Awesome! I know that on the 3L Technic beam the decorable surface is really noticeable (don't know the number out of my head).

17 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

So LEGO, the company that publishes LDD, wants it updated badly enough to install a third party mod, but not badly enough to, y'know, release an update?

Yeah seems like it. Actually I’m quite sure Lego designers love our unofficial parts updates. 

I’m not sure you’re all joking and in case someone is taking this nonsense a bit too seriously:

1. Those parts were in LDD official, at least from 4.3.10! (October 2016).
  2. LEGO designers use(d) another version of LDD, not the dumb public version.

5 hours ago, M2m said:

Yeah seems like it. Actually I’m quite sure Lego designers love our unofficial parts updates. 

Lazy bench-whistlers

4 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

I’m not sure you’re all joking and in case someone is taking this nonsense a bit too seriously:

1. Those parts were in LDD official, at least from 4.3.10! (October 2016).
  2. LEGO designers use(d) another version of LDD, not the dumb public version. 

So what we really need is a man (or woman) on the inside...

Has anyone been altering the geometry or other aspects of basic parts such as the 1x2 plate, 1x3 plate, or 1x1 cheese slope?  I've noticed that BlueRender is now having trouble with these parts, in that unless the "correct" side is facing the camera then it will render that particular face as invisible. For some parts/faces this actually makes them entirely unuseable; so as you can imagine this is quite frustrating!

Yes, the 1x2, 1x3 and 1x1 are now decorable where they were not in the official parts. Same for the 1x1 cheese slope.

Yes, is already included for the next update. In the mean time you can download the files from my Pre-Release Github. For the link, see the other topic. Lots of other 2022 parts and late 2021 parts are added there already as well.

You're welcome! :)

The next update will be a nice and usefull one. I am especially happy with the barcode scanner part and 9x9 LED matrix :blush:

On 12/30/2021 at 9:13 AM, Stephan said:

Yes, the 1x2, 1x3 and 1x1 are now decorable where they were not in the official parts. Same for the 1x1 cheese slope.

Hi Stephan, thanks for the reply. I had feared this might be a side-effect of those improvements... While the extra decorable surfaces are of course very welcome (especially the cheese slope!!), do you have any idea why it could cause those pieces'  surfaces to not show up in BR? 

ETA: Welp, after running a quick test it seems BlueRender apparently refuses to recognise any new bricks whatsoever anyway - looks like it really is a lost cause. :/

Edited by Blip

1 hour ago, Blip said:

ETA: Welp, after running a quick test it seems BlueRender apparently refuses to recognise any new bricks whatsoever anyway - looks like it really is a lost cause. :/

That sounds like BlueRender could use an update for this :grin:

Perhaps @polymaker knows why there is a difference in the existing and custom parts?

I have a theory I'm just testing myself here, will come back when I know for certain! But yes indeed, updates to BR would be welcomed :D

EDIT: I'd thought maybe there was a clash between the old .lif file and what was currently in my DB folders (this may still be the case!), but I've recompiled the db subfolders and files into a new replacement .lif, and all BlueRender now does as a result of that is spit out completely blank images... *sigh*  Can't delete said file altogether either, as BR was never designed to acknowledge a DB folder instead of the .lif  :def_shrug:

Edited by Blip

2 hours ago, Funnysh said:

Will we see the new magic parts  in update?

Which magic parts do you mean?

23 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Which magic parts do you mean?

Like scarlet witch in avengers base from endgame set

2 hours ago, Funnysh said:

Like scarlet witch in avengers base from endgame set

If the 3D models are available, yes. If not, then we cannot add them.

On 12/21/2021 at 2:42 AM, Stephan said:

I will wait with this until the new 2022 Neon Yellow color name and number are known.

Information regarding LEGO Colour “368 Vibrant Yellow” is now known, as Ryan Howerter’s list was finally updated. As a result, the latest LDD Colour files can be downloaded here, updated with the following information:

“Materials.xml” file: Added the following line: <Material MatID="368" Red="218" Green="218" Blue="0" Alpha="255" MaterialType="shinyPlastic"/> (corresponding to the HEX Value of Vibrant Yellow: “DADA00”).

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “EN” folder: Added “Material368” and “Vibrant Yellow”.

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “DE” folder: Added “Material368” and “Leuchtend Gelb”.

On the other hand, Ryan Howerter’s list also includes two new LEGO Colours released in 2022: 370 Medium Brown and 371 Medium Tan, but their HEX Values are still unknown. There are also 366 Transparent Blue Opal and 367 Transparent Green Opal listed on Brickset, both with unknown HEX Values too. The two Opal Colours have been included in the latest LDraw updates as seen here together with a number of other colours, so it may be possible to add these into LDD too (I have no knowledge regarding LDraw so someone else can complete the Colour conversion process).

The latest Colour files in this post will only include the previous 185 Official LEGO Colours, all English and German Names and information of the 186th Colour “Vibrant Yellow”, which should be sufficient to be included in the next LDD update. In case the four new colours above will be added into LDD, their German Names are 366 “Tr. Blau Opal”, 367 “Tr. Grün Opal”, 370 “Mittel Braun” and 371 “Mittel Bräune”. These new Colour Names will be updated once more information is known, both in English and German.