On 9/23/2021 at 12:56 AM, suenkachun said:

I just made a screenshot containing all of the collision errors I found in my previous post above together with two new issues I just found and an old issue I encountered a few years ago. All Bricks with collision errors are in Bright Red.

As it was discussed many times , missing collision is not a error.

just missing “components”

As for me - I don’t usually add collisions because many times it didn’t allow to build a real set 

for the parts you described - we know about missing collision and guys working on it. It’s so simple that can be imagined.

7 hours ago, jester said:

As it was discussed many times , missing collision is not a error.

just missing “components”

As for me - I don’t usually add collisions because many times it didn’t allow to build a real set 

for the parts you described - we know about missing collision and guys working on it. It’s so simple that can be imagined.

Thank you for the information. I understand that Collision Data does take a while to add, so the post was just a reminder for everyone to avoid placing those Bricks in question too close to each other for the time being (not sure about the Stop Sign though, unless it actually involves culling). Keep up the great work as usual.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, suenkachun said:

Thank you for the information. I understand that Collision Data does take a while to add, so the post was just a reminder for everyone to avoid placing those Bricks in question too close to each other for the time being (not sure about the Stop Sign though, unless it actually involves culling). Keep up the great work as usual.

Some of the parts are official Lego ones and also have no (or minimal) collision data. I personally find collisions useful and try to add them. But also sometimes even Lego's official parts have wrong collisions, preventing builds that are possible in real.

I found two more recently added Bricks that can currently be misplaced in LDD, so use them carefully for the time being.

Part 43909 Cone 2x2x2 Inverted: this can currently be placed incorrectly due to missing collision at the curved slopes.

Part 78267 Solar Panel Sheet: this can be placed anywhere including being inserted into a Base Plate incorrectly, and is the only Sheet Element that can be misplaced for now.

P.S., During a recent project, I noticed that Part 50254 Trainwheel Ø8.2/14.6 and other Train Wheels can now be automatically attached to both types of Straight Rails (74746 and 53401) and the straight sections of the Right and Left Points (75541 and 75542), but none of the Train Wheels can be attached directly to either Part 3228 Straight Rail or Part 64022 Flex Rail. Although it is quite easy to use scaffolding to complete these (fake) connections, I wonder if adding such connectivity is possible and beneficial, at least for Part 3228 Straight Rail (for the Flex Rail, I guess not as none of the Curved rails or the curved sections of the Right and Left Points have such connections which seem to be harder to add).

22 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I'm afraid it's unreal because we don't have those parts in Ldraw library

1 hour ago, jester said:

I'm afraid it's unreal because we don't have those parts in Ldraw library

Understandable.

I'm guessing only parts in Ldraw or Stud.io can be converted?

On 10/8/2021 at 2:20 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Understandable.

Not sure about Stud.io

i always converted parts only from Ldraw 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:20 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Studio parts should also be based on *.dat file type, I believe. So I think it should be possible. Haven't done any trying whatsoever though.

Studio is based on LDraw.  So most of the parts in Studio come from LDraw and LDraw is THE official source of parts for Studio.

There’s also parts that were converted from LDD (the .dat found on digital-brick.de), that are useful for importing LXF files… so of no use here :laugh:

There’s also a few parts that are decorated LDraw parts (texmapped images, like you can do with PartDesigner… actually all done with PD AFAIK).

And there’s a very small number of parts directly from TLG (conversion from LDD’s format I guess).  When an LDraw author pointed that to me, I relayed the question of their usability for LDraw (the same way the LDraw authors use LDD parts), the answer was that the licence was unclear.

Is it possible to add more minifigure head, torso and leg prints?

The current inventory has prints from the series 1 to 13 and Lego Movie 1 collectable minifigures, most 2005 to 2016 City figures, some 2011 and 2012 Ninjago figures, and random figures from a few other themes.

However some of the series 1-13 collectable minifigures are not complete. Series 11 and series 12 figures are missing arm prints and the series 11 gingerbread man and yeti are missing their face prints. Many figures are also missing their capes and skirts.

For some reason the series 15 shark guy's torso print is also available but his face print is not.

Ideally I would like at least be able to recreate all CMF, City and Star Wars figures.

Just now, King Kong said:

The current inventory has prints from the series 1 to 13 and Lego Movie 1 collectable minifigures, most 2005 to 2016 City figures, some 2011 and 2012 Ninjago figures, and random figures from a few other themes.

However some of the series 1-13 collectable minifigures are not complete. Series 11 and series 12 figures are missing arm prints and the series 11 gingerbread man and yeti are missing their face prints. Many figures are also missing their capes and skirts.

For some reason the series 15 shark guy's torso print is also available but his face print is not.

Ideally I would like at least be able to recreate all CMF, City and Star Wars figures.

It will take years to complete this request

We all have main jobs, so new parts section is just evenings/weekend time spending.

3 hours ago, King Kong said:

You can add your own, if you like. Adding custom decals is a heck of a lot easier than adding parts.

Just noticed three new issues in LDD, and apart from a weird colour glitch, the other two can be considered collision bugs as only certain design combinations are not possible in real life while most combinations are working perfectly fine. All Bricks with issues are in Bright Red while other normal Bricks are in Medium Stone Grey as shown below.

LDD%20Bug%20Report%20Telephone.png

Part 6190 Telephone Receiver: this old part is almost fully working, but when attaching it onto either one of the three upright holders, it can currently slide too much towards each side and collide with either side of the holder base itself. Although not included above, I later checked other holders (such as the four flat 1x1 and the two new flat 1x2) and the same issue appeared.

Part 27448 Turntable 2x2: At the moment it is possible to misplace most Bricks with Shafts or Sticks within this new Brick, but other regular Bricks do not exhibit this behaviour.

Part 37091 and 37092: I noticed this a while back but only remembered to mention it now, basically something is wrong with the colours of both Bricks and they will appear to be mostly glowing in White no matter what Colour is selected, as displayed in the menu and also after inserting them.

My Windows 10 Laptop is always up-to-date with the latest software and drivers, so I’m guessing that the weird colour glitch regarding 37091/37092 should appear for others too. P.S.: my new touch-screen laptop will finally arrive by the end of October (after a four-month-long wait, sigh...) with slightly better specifications than my current one (equipped with a newer NVidia Graphics Card and the latest Gen 11 i7 Intel CPU), so I will be able to test LDD on there as well, especially how LDD can function using touch-screen and tablet mode. Keep up the great work!

Edited by suenkachun

16 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Part 37091 and 37092: I noticed this a while back but only remembered to mention it now, basically something is wrong with the colours of both Bricks and they will appear to be mostly glowing in White no matter what Colour is selected, as displayed in the menu and also after inserting them.

I will have to check these parts then, but I believe in my LDD they show up without problems.

And if they are the only weird-showing parts, I don't think it's a driver thing.

16 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Part 27448 Turntable 2x2: At the moment it is possible to misplace most Bricks with Shafts or Sticks within this new Brick, but other regular Bricks do not exhibit this behaviour.

Yes, collision should be updated. This will happen gradually for these older custom parts.

3 hours ago, StigBlock said:

Good afternoon. Please tell me where you can download the latest build detail

39 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Hey, is there any way to make it so Part 6158 Smoke Helmet Protection (aka Fire Helmet Breathing Hose) can be applied directly to a minifigure head instead of only ever connecting with the oxygen tank neck accessory? That's been a thorn in my side for a while now. A very small, slightly blunted thorn, but a thorn nonetheless.

While there might be ways to do it (for example adding an invisible 2DConnectorField at the bottom of the part) this might interfere with other parts or have other unwanted side-effects. I used it with grouping to the oxygen tank (and delete the tank afterwards).

On 10/20/2021 at 1:35 AM, suenkachun said:

P.S.: my new touch-screen laptop will finally arrive by the end of October (after a four-month-long wait, sigh...) with slightly better specifications than my current one (equipped with a newer NVidia Graphics Card and the latest Gen 11 i7 Intel CPU), so I will be able to test LDD on there as well, especially how LDD can function using touch-screen and tablet mode.

Here’s a quick update regarding how LDD runs on my new laptop which I finally received on October 22, which I was able to upgrade to Windows 11 straight away. Regarding LDD, I simply copied all relevant files onto here directly and pinned “LDD.exe” itself (without creating any programme shortcuts elsewhere) onto my Taskbar.

LDD requires at least “128 MB” of “Dedicated Video Memory” to operate and the “Intel Card” only has “128 MB” which is the bare minimum, so I’ve set the “NVIDIA Card” as my default Graphics Card as it has up to “2048 MB GDDR6” of “Dedicated Video Memory”. Using LDD on Windows 11 is no different compared to Windows 10 and I was able to resume building immediately; but one setting I did change was the “scale” value within the Windows “Display” settings from the default and recommended “150%” down to “125%”, as this can help prevent the topmost and bottommost parts of the main Colour Menu of LDD Extended to be covered and not accessible (for the Paint Tool Colour Menu, the last row of “Legacy” Colours will unfortunately still be covered unless the “scale” value is further reduced to 100%, which I do not recommend as everything proved to be too small for me).

Regarding how LEGO Applications such as LDD work with multi-touch interactive surfaces, I recently stumbled upon this excellent research article discussing relevant information plus a new touch-based software the authors developed based on existing ones: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/220982374_Hands-on_interactive_tabletop_LEGO_application. It was published in 2011 but the information is still quite interesting considering technological advancements since then till now.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:37 AM, suenkachun said:

After this small update, both the English “localizedStrings.loc” file and the German “localizedStrings.loc” file have 185 Colours, and the “Materials.xml” file now contains the “RGBA” values of all 185 Colours (I used the existing Colours to help determine the “A” value and the “MaterialType” of the three new Colours), although I did not enable any more colours in LDD Extended (this will be decided by others responsible for the next LDD update). I put all files related to Colours in LDD into a ZIP folder which can be downloaded here. Please refer to this previous post regarding the locations of the files if anyone wants to start replacing their Colour files before the next update. Download the ZIP file, unblock it in its file properties, unzip the contents and copy into the corresponding locations as mentioned in this previous post.

Since I last posted the latest Colour Files of LDD, I still discovered a small number of typos and mistakes in those files. As a result, a new and improved ZIP folder can be downloaded here. Please refer to the previous post for additional instructions regarding how to use these files. Thanks in advance!

List of Second Round Changes

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “EN” folder:

Made sure that there is a space between all “Tr.” and the next word (some I forgot to fix last time) and other minor typos fixed.

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “DE” folder:

Additional text localisation applied for many Colours (e.g., Lemon to Zitrone, Cool to Cooles, Warm to Warmes, Metallic to Metallisk) and other minor typos fixed, all “Light” changed to “Helles” and all “Medium” changed to “Mittel” (when I last updated this file a number of “Medium” were accidentally changed to “Helles” while others remained as “Medium”, while most “Light” were not changed at all), changed the last few “Blue” into “Blau” and “Green” into “Grün” (“grün” is always used when incorporated into the back of a word).

Edited by suenkachun
Missing Download Link And Fixed Typos

Finally someone has found a way to add new parts to LDD!  It makes me very happy knowing that I am not the only one who wishes to keep using LDD instead of using Stud.io which is horrendously difficult to use.

Is there a link or URL thing I can download etc. to get all the new parts and decorations listed above, as of the 9th of November 2021 (the day I post this comment)?

Also, is there a simple or least risky way of getting the new parts without stuffing up LDD? To be honest I'm rather unconfident when it comes to playing around with the computer typing code and so forth. Naturally I don't want to lose LDD trying to get the new parts.

Finally, as well as new parts, will someone, or has someone, made a new download file that lets one download Lego Digital Designer 4.3.1?  I think was the correct version (4.3.12 lost lots of pieces and is just weird). Normally when I get a new computer I have to patiently search through forums until I find where someone has posted a google drive link to 4.3.11 and hope its not a virus or something. The current 'official' Lego LDD website has 4.3.12, which is the one without most parts and decorations. 

Part 54937? Gotta have it for my dropship's cockpit

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=65354&idColor=66&ccName=4287655#T=C&C=66

On 11/14/2021 at 6:21 AM, gcwlego said:

Part 54937? Gotta have it for my dropship's cockpit

If there's an LDraw file we can convert it to LDD files. Otherwise unfortunately not (and it's not in LDraw unfortunately).