The issues above should be fixed now. Infinity Gauntlets were indeed due to collision errors.
The dog problem, I don't really know. All files were included. If have added all latest files to GitHub and the Dropbox rar file.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

The issues above should be fixed now. Infinity Gauntlets were indeed due to collision errors.
The dog problem, I don't really know. All files were included. If have added all latest files to GitHub and the Dropbox rar file.

Thanks for the speedy fixes. Oddly enough, the latest 210828.lxf file still shows that the White Dog 29602 got removed with the error message appearing when opening the file, even though the dog is now properly positioned. All of the other missing dog face Decorations have finally reappeared, so just this weird thing left. I can also report that everything else is working normally.

BTW, could the new method of creating Decorations for the 2x6 Tile be shared so that I know how to correct my own custom 2x6 Decorations? I normally create them using the dimensions of an actual 2x6 Tile: 1.5 cm times 4.5 cm, then I scale it up until the height equals 1024 Pixels then compress the width into 1024 Pixels before adding into LDD. This always worked for most non-regular Decorations in the past but I guess there is now a new method to output 2x6 Decorations with the new UV Mapping being used. Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

Thanks for the speedy fixes. Oddly enough, the latest 210828.lxf file still shows that the White Dog 29602 got removed with the error message appearing when opening the file, even though the dog is now properly positioned. All of the other missing dog face Decorations have finally reappeared, so just this weird thing left. I can also report that everything else is working normally.

BTW, could the new method of creating Decorations for the 2x6 Tile be shared so that I know how to correct my own custom 2x6 Decorations? I normally create them using the dimensions of an actual 2x6 Tile: 1.5 cm times 4.5 cm, then I scale it up until the height equals 1024 Pixels then compress the width into 1024 Pixels before adding into LDD. This always worked for most non-regular Decorations in the past but I guess there is now a new method to output 2x6 Decorations with the new UV Mapping being used. Thanks in advance!

You can use my uv map for the update

aLHAxhy.png

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

In the .rar an Github, the dog is version 2021-07-14, it was 2021-08-31 earlier today.  07-14 is rotated wrt the original/official LDD part.

Image on 50044 applies on the wrong surface?

Edited by SylvainLS

8 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

In the .rar an Github, the dog is version 2021-07-14, it was 2021-08-31 earlier today.  07-14 is rotated wrt the original/official LDD part

So the dog is rotated again? (I fixed this based on your message, but apparently I added the older versions of the files back to my own folder... for some reason...).

8 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Image on 50044 applies on the wrong surface?

In one of the palettes, or with the decoration tool?

4 hours ago, Stephan said:

In one of the palettes, or with the decoration tool?

With the decoration tool.  It puts the image on the hair (including inside) and the band on the hat.

16 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

With the decoration tool.  It puts the image on the hair (including inside) and the band on the hat.

The fix will be issued this evening :)

On 9/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, Stephan said:

The fix will be issued this evening :)

50044 is fixed :thumbup:

But the dog 29602 is still wrong :sadnew:

Hi,

i hope this is the correct thread ....

i'm facing a problem in LDD. The part 20482 and some more are broken. There's no preview of the part, and when I try to place it, it's unvisible placed.

I "installed" the latest "New Parts Set" --> Development Version 20210828 from here

In LDD this is shown for the part 20482 for example.

image.png.5aea647c6a8f06b815b4d311568468b8.png

I'm really new to custom parts. Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by toni8767

14 minutes ago, toni8767 said:

Hi,

i hope this is the correct thread ....

i'm facing a problem in LDD. The part 20482 and some more are broken. There's no preview of the part, and when I try to place it, it's unvisible placed.

I "installed" the latest "New Parts Set" --> Development Version 20210828 from here

In LDD this is shown for the part 20482 for example.

image.png.5aea647c6a8f06b815b4d311568468b8.png

I'm really new to custom parts. Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure what the issue is, but the latest version on GitHub to be used this time should be the Pre-release version, or the latest Dropbox version can be used (both are version 20210828). If installed correctly, all parts should show up normally without errors. Try doing this to see if the issue still exists, as I don’t recall seeing errors regarding this part in my own installation.

20482 is an official part.  The file in the pack only modifies it (collisions?).  That you don’t see it means you have another problem and I think that problem is that you installed the infamous LDD 4.3.12, which comes with an outdated (and un-updatable) parts library (version 777 instead of version 2670).

Before using the custom parts pack, you need to be sure you have LDD 4.3.11.  Uninstall LDD and clean your user’s directory, then download 4.3.11 and install it (here’s a link to an archive of LEGO’s download pages: link).

EDIT: Oh SylvianLS posted paralell ... Thx .... I wil try to get 4.3.11 ...

Hi suenkachun,

thx for your quick answer.

Hmm I don't get it. I've done multiple clean installs of LDD 4.3.12 an the latest LDDNewParts.rar from Dropbox. The problem is the same.

I realized something weird. If i start a new LDD Extended Project and try to open the tree for the roof-parts the LDD completly crashes to desktop :pir-oh:

One additional question:

After I extracted the db.lif with the LIFExtractor and renamed the db.lif, i copy everything from the LDDNewParts.rar/LEGO Digital Designer into the ...\Roaming\... path, right ? -  The "db" and "Palettes"-Folder ? I have 271 files to overwrite, which I do by clicking an "yes".

Sorry, but I'm not sure, if I do something wrong.

thx

Edited by toni8767

13 minutes ago, toni8767 said:

Hi suenkachun,

thx for your quick answer.

Hmm I don't get it. I've done multiple clean installs of LDD 4.3.12 an the latest LDDNewParts.rar from Dropbox. The problem is the same.

I realized something weird. If i start a new LDD Extended Project and try to open the tree for the roof-parts the LDD completly crashes to desktop :pir-oh:

One additional question:

After I extracted the db.lif with the LIFExtractor and renamed the db.lif, i copy everything from the LDDNewParts.rar/LEGO Digital Designer into the ...\Roaming\... path, right ? -  The "db" and "Palettes"-Folder ? I have 271 files to overwrite, which I do by clicking an "yes".

Sorry, but I'm not sure, if I do something wrong.

thx

Was posting on mobile so forgot to say welcome! Try downloading the Pre-release version of 20210828 on GitHub to see if there is any difference. Regarding the additional question, you are correct that once the db.lif is extracted, rename it and back it up somewhere, then do click yes when overwriting all files from the latest release. The only file some users may need to update manually is the DecorationMapping.xml if they have imported custom Decorations into LDD just like I have (manually replace the contents of the file to include your own custom entries in every new update). For the rest of the issues, not sure how they are caused but may be related to computer graphics. My previous laptop had both an Intel Display Card and an NVidia Graphics Card, and LDD would often crash when using the Intel Card. Back in the day, I even emailed the LDD development team and they suggested that I use the NVidia Card as a default for opening LDD. The main problem here is that LDD requires at least 128 MB of Dedicated Video Memory, and Intel Cards usually only provide 128 MB on Windows 10, so a better Graphics Card is usually preferred.

Edited by suenkachun

The pack has new versions for some official parts but it does not contain all the files for those parts.  So when you’ve 4.3.12, many files are missing and LDD either simply can’t show the part (e.g. what happens with 20482 for which only the .xml is in the pack) or totally explodes into space.

26 minutes ago, toni8767 said:

I understand now, please remove LDD version 4.3.12 completely and install LDD version 4.3.11 correctly before adding the new custom parts.

Hi,

thx to everyone who helped me so quickly. The Problem was the 4.3.12... Installing the 4.3.11 was the solution, now everything is fully functional.

Ty a lot and have a nice weekend.

Bye

77765: collisions seem to be flipped: you can put a bar inside the pin… but it’s stopped on the wrong side and goes through the stop :grin:

Edit: Whoops, sorry, I got confused by the name and didn’t see the “stop” is actually open.  Still, a bar can’t go through the pin side, but can go till its very end, so something is wrong.

Edited by SylvainLS

5 hours ago, jester said:

It's unreal because the part doesn't exist in Ldraw library 

That's unfortunate...I was really hoping for it. Honestly I find it odd that they didn't include it in LDD in the first place....they have all the other Ultra Agents helmet pieces. so it's weird that they skipped that one.

14 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Edit: Whoops, sorry, I got confused by the name and didn’t see the “stop” is actually open.  Still, a bar can’t go through the pin side, but can go till its very end, so something is wrong

This has to be updated. I will fix this for the next update. 

Here is a screenshot containing Bricks with missing Collision in LDD together with an old issue I encountered a few years ago.

LDD%20Collison%20Errors.png

Highlight: An old issue with Part 3900 Sign - Stop: when inserting this into a Plate 1x2 With 1 Knob (3794/15573) the Knob disappears, although this might be part of culling which is an optimisation (all studs underneath other parts get removed, this improves handling a lot), but having this displayed visually is unusual as this is the only 3.2 Shaft inserted into either Plate 1x2 With 1 Knob to display such behaviour.

The other Bricks in Bright Red all have missing Collision which will be added eventually, so they can currently be misplaced.

Edited by suenkachun