@jester, @polymaker,  is it possible to fix Batgirl mask piece connection with cape? It's not connecting now if minifigure have cape

And is it possible to add batwoman headpiece in next update please :3

Just now, BrokenEye said:

@jester The decal on the Shaak-Ti headpiece doesn't seem to have rendered.

It is not a render, just screenshot

I still didn;t draw it

Just now, jester said:

It is not a render, just screenshot

I still didn;t draw it

No, I know, I meant LDD didn't render it. 'Cause it's got all those 3D block models, which I presume have to be rendered by the... it's not really a game, so "game engine" is probably the wrong term, but I don't know. Just the engine, I guess. The thing that makes it go.

3 hours ago, Funnysh said:

@jester, @polymaker,  is it possible to fix Batgirl mask piece connection with cape? It's not connecting now if minifigure have cape

And is it possible to add batwoman headpiece in next update please :3

You don't need to double post

Batgirl mask doesn't connect with cape because of collision
Batwoman mask added, @Stephan will add it to one of next updates 

5 hours ago, jester said:

You don't need to double post

Batgirl mask doesn't connect with cape because of collision
Batwoman mask added, @Stephan will add it to one of next updates 

Sorry, Thanks you a lot :D

I make fixes too:

1. Riddlers hat with hairs

2. Poison ivy hair with flover

3.  Hands of time

4. Firefly helmet prints (but i download new update, and it disapear )

5. Ghostrider head 2 colors

And a lot of dc prints with castom characters

New hogwarts cloaks prints

I'll send link tomorrow

I recently tried to import a custom Colour into LDD, to be used as a reference in one of my latest digital lego projects replicating a tram in real life. After studying this topic in great detail, I finally figured it out thanks to the information posted by several people here. However, I did notice that Colour names are harder to edit, as the “.loc” file extension proved to be harder to edit. I experimented with “Sublime Text”, which failed as the programme is known for not including the “null” character in the Clipboard when copying, a bug reported multiple times. I then switched over to “Notepad++”, the obvious programme choice I mistakenly skipped over in the beginning, and everything finally worked as I was able to properly name my custom Colour.

Once this worked, I began to look at all of the LDD Colour files in greater detail and noticed that certain Colour names were still missing, especially when the programme language is changed to German. Therefore, I used the help of Google Translate and successfully modified the “localizedStrings.loc” file under the “DE” folder of the “MaterialNames” folder in the “db” folder. I also made slight adjustments to the English version (“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “EN” folder) and the “Materials.xml” file.

Spoiler

List of major changes

“Materials.xml” file: Added Colour information for “LEGO Colour 132: Black Glitter”, “LEGO Colour 304: Cool Silver, Diffuse” and “LEGO Colour 306: Copper, Diffuse”. All Colour details (RGB Values) have been obtained from official LEGO Colour Lists or Charts across several websites.

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “EN” folder

Changes 1: Added “Material132” and “Black Glitter” plus “Material304” and “Cool Silver, Diffuse”.

Changes 2: “Tr. w. Glitter” (Material117) changed to “Tr. With Glitter”, “Nature with Glitter” (Material122) changed to “Nature With Glitter”, “Cool silver” (Material298) changed to “Cool Silver, Drum Lacquered”, “Tr. Light Blue w/ Glitter” (Material302) changed to “Tr. Light Blue With Glitter”, “Tr. Fluorescent Green w/ Glitter” (Material339) changed to “Tr. Fluorescent Green With Glitter” and made sure that there is a space between all “Tr.” and the next word.

Changes 3: Compared to the German version, two Colours were missing in English, therefore added “Material301” and “Silver” plus “Material306” and “Defused Copper” as new entries.

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “DE” folder

Changes 1: Added “Material132” and “Schwarz Glitzernd” plus “Material304” and “Cool Silber, Diffus” and made sure that there is a space between all “Tr.” and the next word.

Changes 2: “Tr.w. Glitzernd” (Material117) changed to “Tr. Mit Glitzernd”, “Cool Silber, ” (Material298) changed to “Cool Silber, Trommel Lackiert”, “Gold lackiert” (Material299) changed to “Gold Lackiert” and “Mild Kupfer” (Material306) changed to “Kupfer, Diffus”.

Changes 3: The following 11 new Colours added in recent LDD updates already had English names assigned to them, but the German versions were missing, so these are added as new entries which include: “Material302” and “Tr. Helles Blau Mit Glitzernd”, “Material336” and “Silber Lackiert”, “Material339” and “Tr. Fluore. Grün Mit Glitzernd”, “Material341” and “Tr. Klares Orange Glitzernd”, “Material351” and “Tr. Klares Grün Glitzernd”, “Material353” and “Leuchtend Koralle”, “Material360” and “Tr. Klar Opal”, “Material362” and “Tr. Helles Blau Opal”, “Material363” and “Tr. Braun Opal”, “Material364” and “Tr. Mit. Violett Opal” plus “Material365” and “Tr. Violett Opal”.

Changes 4: Compared to the English version, the following 13 Colour names were missing in German, therefore these are added as new entries: “Material4” and “Ziegelrot”, “Material7” and “Orange”, “Material8” and “Kobaltblau”, “Material10” and “Klar”, “Material13” and “Rot Orange”, “Material14” and “Pastellgrün”, “Material15” and “Lemon”, “Material16” and “Pink”, “Material17” and “Rose”, “Material19” and “Helles Braun”, “Material122” and “Natur Mit Glitzernd”, “Material228” and “Tr. Mittel Blau Grün” plus “Material285” and “Tr. Helles Grün”.

After this small update, both the English “localizedStrings.loc” file and the German “localizedStrings.loc” file have 185 Colours, and the “Materials.xml” file now contains the “RGBA” values of all 185 Colours (I used the existing Colours to help determine the “A” value and the “MaterialType” of the three new Colours), although I did not enable any more colours in LDD Extended (this will be decided by others responsible for the next LDD update). I put all files related to Colours in LDD into a ZIP folder which can be downloaded here. Please refer to this previous post regarding the locations of the files if anyone wants to start replacing their Colour files before the next update. Download the ZIP file, unblock it in its file properties, unzip the contents and copy into the corresponding locations as mentioned in this previous post.

Thanks to everyone regularly posting amazing content here and have a wonderful weekend!

Edited by suenkachun

Added version 20210828: LINK.

This version includes 67 new parts, 77 updated parts, 283 new decorated parts, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, and a new version of LDD.paxml!

Even though the parts are thoroughly checked, you might still encounter unforeseen problems during some builds. If that is the case, please let me know.

210828.png

For which parts are you most excited?

Enjoy :blush:

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

This version includes 67 new parts, 77 updated parts, 283 new decorated parts, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, and a new version of LDD.paxml!

Even though the parts are thoroughly checked, you might still encounter unforeseen problems during some builds. If that is the case, please let me know.

210828.png

Thanks for another update! I checked everything and noticed the following.

1. Not sure that the collision bugs I mentioned in this post have been fixed yet:

2. Hoping that these three Decorations I posted earlier can be added too, two new ones and an updated version of an existing one:

3. Do have a look at the Colour Updates I made earlier today and see whether they can be added into a future LDD update, as I checked everything in detail so that there are now 185 Colours available in LDD with all 185 English and German names assigned properly and various wording issues fixed:

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work as usual!

10 minutes ago, Funnysh said:

@Stephan , @polymaker new update broke my decoration tool, its not working, how to fix it

It happennig if i paste new decoration mapping file

Seems that the Dropbox version is newer than the GitHub version, so use this version instead.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

210828.png

UPDATE: When I opened the latest 210828.lxf file, Brick 29602 got removed due to it being placed incorrectly. Also, four Decorations seems to be missing so they are not displayed, but I still need time to identify which four, so I will edit my post later when I have located them.

14 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

Seems that the Dropbox version is newer than the GitHub version, so use this version instead.

UPDATE: When I opened the latest 210828.lxf file, Brick 29602 got removed due to it being placed incorrectly. Also, four Decorations seems to be missing so they are not displayed, but I still need time to identify which four, so I will edit my post later when I have located them.

Found one of the culprits: the three Dog faces on Brick 26078 are missing, and it was the White version of Part 29602 which got removed as the Brick Yellow version is placed horizontally, perhaps this was the fourth Decoration being removed?

9 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

Found one of the culprits: the three Dog faces on Brick 26078 are missing, and it was the White version of Part 29602 which got removed as the Brick Yellow version is placed horizontally, perhaps this was the fourth Decoration being removed?

On a side note, the Olive Green version of the Left Creature Arm 28232 is not Decorated, although it appears to be in the images and can be manually added back so not really a big isse.

33 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

Thank you, i'm fix it .

I just copy text and paste it in original decoration mapping file

53 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

New bug: something went wrong with the latest version of the 2x6 (Flat) Tile. The existing 733231 and all of my custom Decorations for this surface got stretched weirdly so some of the contents are now displayed as distorted and other elements are now not displayed as the graphics are cut off. The latest two Adidas Decorations are displayed properly though, so I wonder what went wrong here.

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

It was part 79435 which got removed 2x.

2 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Make sure you use the Pre-Release version.

Not sure that the collision bugs I mentioned in this post have been fixed yet:

Missing collision do not have a big priority. Collision bugs do. Missing collision will be added eventually.

Hoping that these three Decorations I posted earlier can be added too, two new ones and an updated version of an existing one:

Yep, but they were posted after the parts stop of this update.

Do have a look at the Colour Updates I made earlier today and see whether they can be added into a future LDD update, as I checked everything in detail so that there are now 185 Colours available in LDD with all 185 English and German names assigned properly and various wording issues fixed:

Yes, they will probably be taken into account for the next update :)

On a side note, the Olive Green version of the Left Creature Arm 28232 is not Decorated, although it appears to be in the images and can be manually added back so not really a big isse.

Fixed now. Same as the change of 79435.

New bug: something went wrong with the latest version of the 2x6 (Flat) Tile. The existing 733231 and all of my custom Decorations for this surface got stretched weirdly so some of the contents are now displayed as distorted and other elements are now not displayed as the graphics are cut off. The latest two Adidas Decorations are displayed properly though, so I wonder what went wrong here.

Yeah, this is the only unfortunate thing we couldn't do without... Since the original UV map was created in one of the early updates, id did not adhere to LDD's rules. When @jester made new decorations for it; the UV map had to be updated. Decoration 733271 will be updated as well. Custom decorations are harder to control since we don't create them. We try to keep these workflow-changing changes to a minimum.

20 minutes ago, Stephan said:

It was part 79435 which got removed 2x.

The new lxf file still says two Bricks were removed and one removed due to being placed incorrectly. I checked again and the issue with the dogs are still there: missing Decoration for Part 26078 (dog face) and the White 29602 removed as the Brick Yellow version next to it is placed horizontally. I compared the latest file with the three screenshots posted and found this. I will download the Pre-release Github version and check again. Thanks for the clarification on the rest of the items.

11 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Unless I'm using the wrong bigfig arm. Neither Gauntlet fits to the standard bigfig arm.

It's strange

For me everything working fine 

7zSubQe.png

2 minutes ago, jester said:

It's strange

For me everything working fine

For me too. I will check this. Might be due to too tight collision data.

White 29602 removed as the Brick Yellow version next to it is placed horizontally

I updated the xml and g files, so the latest were included in the rar file... I don't know what is going wrong. Will try to fix this this evening.