On 7/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, HamsterHuey said:

Hi, I am new to all these custom bricks. Is there a way to directly upload these files into Stud.io, if I can get the zips to extract (which I haven't been able to yet)

Thanks up front!

Hello there
Those custom parts are for Lego Digital Designer, not for Stud.Io 

23 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Welcome! I just checked and both Bricks are present in the latest unofficial LDD update posted here. Make sure that you’re in LDD Extended Mode and you can find both Bricks under the special roof tile category (number six starting from top left). Alternatively, go to LDD Extended Mode and type 77810/77812 and they should appear in your search results.

Got it! Thank you very much for the clarification!

I found some new bricks to decorate. This batch includes only one that I made for selfish reasons, 36036 (Lower Body, Skirt), and three that I made simply because they stood out to me as pieces that ought to be decorable and seemed within my ability, x182 (Headgear Helmet UFO), 2447 (Visor Standard), and 61856 (Shield Rectangular Without Stud). The last is one of only three shield shapes that is still un-decorable, and I'm planning to do decals for the other two as well.

Working on these decals is fantastic Adobe Illustrator practice, btw.

Spoiler

SWahpzg.pngHzq731g.png

uxRRrfD.pngWwpSVcx.png

Not totally sure I picked the right colors for the middle bit on this one, since it depends on metallic hues that aren't currently supported, but I can always do another version later.

IGMQ63d.pngLCVD80Y.png

DJVkKgH.pnguAVCEsG.png

If it's ever added, I'll probably change the orange bits to the same high saturation orange-ish coppery metallic color as in the center bit of the Dumbledore robe decal, whatever that ends up being.

Ue86T0v.pngDBsQnS9.png

cj0hyhT.jpgVgsWJat.png

This one I'm especially proud of.

TVZDuwh.pngy3b6lTc.png

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

I found some new bricks to decorate.

Thanks! Images saved and they will be processed :)

I was trying to reproduce 75978 model in LDD and found out that part 87693 can't be moved out out ot the clip to the left side.
I tried to look myself, but can't understand what is missing. Can somebody fix it?

dNmhZr9.png

Edited by UrSuS

28 minutes ago, UrSuS said:

Can somebody fix it?

I think the original connection is EndCapped. I will look into it.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:33 PM, Stephan said:

I think the original connection is EndCapped. I will look into it.

Yes, it was Start Capped, found it :thumbup:

Based in Lego instructions (mainly book 3 of 75978) I have updated collisions and connections of these parts:

bD2gz7a.png

https://files.fm/u/jzj5ashcp

50 minutes ago, UrSuS said:

Based in Lego instructions (mainly book 3 of 75978) I have updated collisions and connections of these parts:

Awesome! I will add these changes to the new update. 

Skeletons! I got skull faces for 93066 (Minifigure, Head, Modified Skull), 93065 (LegoMinifigure, Head, Modified Skull with Helmet), and 93064 (Minifigure, Head, Modified Skull with Spikes). Each of these pieces only has one decal, but they're versions of the same part, so I figure all three decals should be made available on all three parts. I've also got skeleton clothes for 93060 (LegoTorso Skeleton, Angular Rib Cage). I've got some spooky coffin decorations for 30163 (Container, Coffin Base) and 10304 (Container, Coffin Lid), and of course, another shield: 92747 (Minifigure, Shield Oval). That's 2/3 remaining undecorable shields, and #3 is coming soon.

Spoiler

HsejApu.pngJmDuiRZ.png

iiuT9Uc.png7rgiVgI.png

qxyitTz.pngXFtnqCC.png

yNAooVd.pnggd5eetQ.png

r4Skeg6.pngucN65ph.png

i58cbOj.pngOBqlqzq.png

yvsLhBb.pngheA52aH.png

wtsjQ5m.png63RSDfe.png

wi184Sb.pngdrq2Rfj.png

cscuGM8.pngoiNTaQm.png

dA8H3BK.pngBwbB5U2.png

LwD3DkU.pngF2OI7wy.png

DTcAsEl.png4jmg91k.png

TctY307.pngA91xxwI.png

Tx5gH6r.png5gbauok.png

I've got a big decal dump for you. First off is the third and final undecorable shield, 48494 (Minifigure, Shield Rectangular with Stud), for which I've made a full set of Knights' Kingdom character shields. I've also done a three-part decal set for 92945pb01 (LeMinifigure, Head, Modified Lobster) which may require a bit of rijiggering. The original Illustrator files can be found here, here, and here, in case they're needed. I'll try to work on a forth decal for bottom set of eyes, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off. Here is the Illustrator file for the decal I made for 66956 (Wedge 2 x 2 x 2/3 Pointed with Stud Notches), which may have the same problem. There's a two-part decal set for 23763c01 (LegoTorso, Modified Oversized with Armor with Pin Holes). I've done four decals for 32474 (Technic Ball Joint), which don't all occupy the same part of the ball, but I'm not really sure what to do about that without being able to test the decals. Let me know if you need any of the Illustrator files for these. Finally, there are some decals for 13459 (Road Sign Round on Pole), and  2494 (Glass for Window 1 x 4 x 5).

Spoiler

1tmmRbH.pnggv9QZuG.png

sYYga9s.png9qUdLFH.png

0y81ToB.pngOBavBCk.png

QH3KZqa.pngi8c1W0G.png

afuEmt9.pngaejCe09.png

OGHd9E7.pngrjywglW.pngwIA5IGd.pngOHTJuwA.png

CkUUFGi.pngHtzZ1gT.png

4qEkDr1.pngOUxsYO0.pngGqYpWk4.png

Yx0I3yQ.pngmqNjnd3.png

P0joO69.pngFB47w2n.png

JXIl2MR.pngy61D012.png

aEeysSB.pngDqarHYj.png

mvEMvLV.pngV0R1L71.png

FYJoHeG.pngqDt3P7B.png

8x8O72H.pngoOlg1Ot.png

2fyJK9c.pngV8SdWII.png

nRaPm3M.pngjSFhrpZ.png

34Gev2W.pnggYoEjut.png

4P9lRDn.pngNBzienl.png

aoX77I5.pngjTFo4CR.png

Thanks to everyone for keeping LDD alive by providing such amazing content here! Since the last post of the PDF file regarding Decoration sizes in LDD, I have made further progress in terms of Decorations in LDD. Before I continue, the standard of PNG images to be successfully inserted into LDD should be “Bit Depth” equals 32. But in the PDF file I posted before, I accidentally typed “Image Depth” equals 32 instead due to a translation error (as my Windows 10 is in Chinese), so apologies for that! Now, back to the new progress.

I mainly work with the latest “Microsoft Office 365”, “Microsoft Paint” and “Microsoft Paint 3D” (plus SVG editor “Inkscape” and Font editor “FontForge” if necessary) to create LEGO Decorations. A recent glitch in Microsoft PowerPoint promoted me to look at the process of adding Decorations into LDD from scratch, and I soon developed a new method to do this with two main advancements: 1. in Microsoft PowerPoint, set the size of a PowerPoint Slide as the dimensions of a LEGO Decoration (e.g., 1024 Pixels times 1024 Pixels for all Square Decorations), create the Decoration Shape and enlarge it until it has the same size as the Slide itself, then convert each entire Slide into a useable PNG image in LDD instead of saving the Shape itself (Microsoft Publisher is used for extremely large Decoration sizes); 2. in terms of custom LEGO Decorations, various “Shape/Text Effects” can be added to make them look more realistic.

After a few days of solid work, I have created an extremely detailed guide with over 80 pages of instructions and over 120 screenshots/images explaining how to create the best LEGO Decorations for use in real life and LDD, using the maximum display quality in LDD and the best details to make each Decoration look more realistic. The PDF guide is provided in a ZIP file which also includes a series of associated files such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher files, example PNG image files and a few Font files of custom Fonts used in the guide. Feel free to download the ZIP file here and I hope that this guide can help every dedicated LEGO creator to produce the most amazing custom Decorations. For a sneak peek of the custom LEGO Decorations used in LDD within the guide, please refer to the three screenshots below.

Spoiler

Thanks to my new Bricksafe account, I will be able to post more similar direct screenshots in the future.

1280x664.png

1280x664.png

1280x664.png

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Edited by suenkachun
Updated File Link

Here are the missing lower eye decals for the lobster monster piece I submitted yesterday, and the Illustrator file, just in case. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be, since I found this reference image.

zT8G9pc.pngYgoVBIW.pngdJF8Fw1.png

Just now, BrokenEye said:

Here are the missing lower eye decals for the lobster monster piece I submitted yesterday, and the Illustrator file, just in case. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be, since I found this reference image.

Are you drawing without uv maps? 

9 minutes ago, jester said:

Are you drawing without uv maps? 

Unfortunately, yes. I don't really have a way of getting one on my end. That's why I included the illustrator file so they could be rejiggered if necessary, and why, up 'til now, I've stuck to relatively flat pieces.

Edited by BrokenEye

2 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Unfortunately, yes. I don't really have a way of getting one on my end. That's why I included the illustrator file so they could be rejiggered if necessary, and why, up 'til now, I've stuck to relatively flat pieces.

Create a folder on Drive and upload Ai files there
I'll try to make decorations for LDD
While I added some of your decorations and sent to @Stephan

FcdPJ4u.png

Also take uv map for 93057:

bN12Qgf.png

Edited by jester

Thanks. Looks good. If I'm reading that uv map correctlly, I take it the topography I'll need to account for on that shoulder piece is basically just a slight curve in on otherwise flat texture. Is that right?

Here is the drive folder. If you need any more of the illustrator files I did, just ask. I've still got all of them, but so far I've only included the ones where I anticipate them possibly being needed. I've also included the skeleton torso files, since the waist sections don't seem to have lined up quite how I expected.

EDIT: Oh, wait a minute... that UV map is just for the medallion part of 93057, isn't it? The white spikes are probably colorable, not decorable.

Edited by BrokenEye

Okay, assuming I've interpreted everything right this time, here's the medallion for 93057. The corners of the square part should crop out due to the decorable area being roughly a circle. Lemme know how it works.

mQLhmFA.pngzOz4qXm.png

Edited by BrokenEye

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Okay, assuming I've interpreted everything right this time, here's the medallion for 93057. The corners of the square part should crop out due to the decorable area being roughly a circle. Lemme know how it works.

mQLhmFA.pngzOz4qXm.png

Thanks !
I corrected circle only 
EkaR0L4.png

On 8/5/2021 at 8:46 PM, suenkachun said:

After a few days of solid work, I have created an extremely detailed guide with over 80 pages of instructions and over 120 screenshots/images explaining how to create the best LEGO Decorations for use in real life and LDD, using the maximum display quality in LDD and the best details to make each Decoration look more realistic. The PDF guide is provided in a ZIP file which also includes a series of associated files such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher files, example PNG image files and a few Font files of custom Fonts used in the guide. Feel free to download the ZIP file here and I hope that this guide can help every dedicated LEGO creator to produce the most amazing custom Decorations.

UPDATE: Apparently I had completely forgotten to include the 1x6 Flat Tile in the PDF guide, and the corresponding PowerPoint/Publisher file was missing too, oops! As a result, I just updated the guide this afternoon to include the 1x6 Flat Tile. The new ZIP file now contains the updated PDF guide, 23 Microsoft PowerPoint/Publisher files (instead of 22) together with the rest of the old content. As the size of the 1x6 Flat Tile (1024 Pixels times 6144 Pixels) is too large for Microsoft PowerPoint to handle, an extra Microsoft Publisher file has been created for this to work (the 1x6 Flat Tile size is the opposite of the Brick 1x2x5 Front Vertical Surface size, which was already produced in Microsoft Publisher, so the new Publisher file was simply created by saving a new copy of the old one and changing the page orientation of the new file from vertical to horizontal). The updated ZIP file can be downloaded here and the original link in the previous post has also been updated. Sorry for all inconvenience caused!

Hey guys

After Clone helmet I decided to update Star Wars parts (helmet and others)

So this i got for last 3-4 days

E5m3AaQ.png

I've got a huge set of Nexo Knights Power Shields, and a few other decals for 22385 (Tile, Modified 2 x 3 Pentagonal), as well as a couple for 57895 (Glass for Window 1 x 4 x 6), and a stop sign decal for 890 (Road Sign 2 x 2 Octagon with Clip). I haven't done every Power Shield (there are quite a lot of them), but I tried to do at least one from each Nexo Knights set and I'm planning on doing more later. Probably in installments. Have I mentioned that there are a lot of them? Anyhow, a few of them seem to reuse art I've already recreated, so those at least I should have ready very soon.

VSg6bkm.jpgGca1D7k.jpg

One of the window pane decals includes some Japanese characters in a calligraphic-looking font that I don't feel I was able to do a very good job of replicating by hand (see above), and WhatTheFont doesn't seem to play well with non-Latin character blocks, so if anyone knows anything about Japanese-language fonts, I would be greatly appreciative for their help in identifying this one so that I might make a better, more accurate version. Worth a shot, right?

Spoiler

dSF9j0e.jpgWrPkPOC.png

yO0lzcP.jpgZQlG7h3.png

TeE4NbE.jpgPXUt4ud.png

0bXjUQe.jpgZr3EeAv.png

6fvK4iK.jpg9MRs8U3.png

vpRaPSN.pngcgVZ8gr.png

vfxC2DB.pngrRHz8Bk.png

MvEbEMq.pngm6uC74n.png

ubt0DTc.jpg88ubCew.png

tQc05dT.jpgiv2d1Di.png

L7wmPQP.jpgRWlMKLM.png