3 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

On Mac: You should update.

On Windows: You should desinstall 4.3.12, be sure to clean the files in your user’s directory (especially, delete the db.lif file but maybe others), then download 4.3.11 and install it (here’s a link to an archive of LEGO’s download pages: https://web.archive.org/web/20190622153357/https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/downloads/ldd2.0/installer/setupLDD-PC-4_3_11.exe ).

OK, thanks! Mac is updated and tile 2x2 w/bow is there! ;-)

I'll do my Windows machines tomorrow and install the custom parts again. Thanks for all the work! Much appreciated.

I must admit I am a die-hard LDraw user and use LDCad most of the time for modeling, but doing a certain project that required me to work in LDD I dove into it again.

Alright, I got a few last skirt textures for you, all fully tested and fully functional

Spoiler

CZ07pl5.pngbjyAIzp.png

Y1guT05.png9zC8Pjj.png

of5VFBb.jpg 6GGSGPJ.png

bZeuHyx.jpgphshw5l.png

... and, that's basically my entire pipeline. I don't really have any other decals that I was planning to do, with the exception of a couple of 20952 (Brick, Round 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2/3 Dome Top) ones, but I'm pretty sure those wrap around like the one on the R2-D2 dome and honestly I don't even know where to begin creating that kind of texture.

I suppose if I keep building I'm bound to find some more pieces I want made decorable sooner or later.

10 hours ago, jester said:

New decals for you guys!
9W9MxX1.png

This is great work !

8 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Alright, I got a few last skirt textures for you, all fully tested and fully functional

Reveal hidden contents

CZ07pl5.pngbjyAIzp.png

Y1guT05.png9zC8Pjj.png

of5VFBb.jpg 6GGSGPJ.png

bZeuHyx.jpgphshw5l.png

... and, that's basically my entire pipeline. I don't really have any other decals that I was planning to do, with the exception of a couple of 20952 (Brick, Round 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2/3 Dome Top) ones, but I'm pretty sure those wrap around like the one on the R2-D2 dome and honestly I don't even know where to begin creating that kind of texture.

I suppose if I keep building I'm bound to find some more pieces I want made decorable sooner or later.

Nice job!

19 hours ago, Jaco said:

OK, thanks! Mac is updated and tile 2x2 w/bow is there! ;-)

I'll do my Windows machines tomorrow and install the custom parts again. Thanks for all the work! Much appreciated.

I must admit I am a die-hard LDraw user and use LDCad most of the time for modeling, but doing a certain project that required me to work in LDD I dove into it again.

Thank you all. I have everything up and running again.

Small collision bug: I can’t put 2x 65426 (resp. 65429) head-to-toe to “make” a 2x4 plate.

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

Small collision bug: I can’t put 2x 65426 (resp. 65429) head-to-toe to “make” a 2x4 plate.

I'll check it!
P.S. Done!

By the way, thanks to games, we have new 3 parts)
Cdq3sy1.png

Edited by jester

On 7/15/2021 at 5:15 PM, SylvainLS said:

Small request: can the bar of 32828 (1x1 plate round with bar / bar with plate) be made so that it fits inside pins, like other bars do?

I don't think it's possible due to a bug in LDD. It seems that the 3.2 mm bar connection with the small hole (connection type 21 and 14) does not attach to Technic pins. If I change the connection type to '7' (3.2 mm bar), it does work. Perhaps @polymaker can tell me if I am wrong, or if there is another solution?

Ah, shoot.  I think you’re right: 20482 (round tile with tiny bar / inkpot) doesn’t fit either.  They both seem to want to, but there’s a collision.

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Ah, shoot.  I think you’re right: 20482 (round tile with tiny bar / inkpot) doesn’t fit either.  They both seem to want to, but there’s a collision.

If you really, really need it, you can just copy both the *.xml and *.g files, rename them into 328281 or something. And change the number in the *.xml file too, and remove one axle type, and change the other to '7'. Now you have 2 identical parts of which one does connect to pins. If you can't make it work, please let me know, I can send you updated files. 

No, it’s okay, I have simple scaffold/replacement: I use a half pin, the bar fits in its hollow stud and the positions are the same as they would be if it was a full pin, with the bar fully in.  Otherwise I will always use the wrong part  :grin:

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

I don't think it's possible due to a bug in LDD. It seems that the 3.2 mm bar connection with the small hole (connection type 21 and 14) does not attach to Technic pins. If I change the connection type to '7' (3.2 mm bar), it does work. Perhaps @polymaker can tell me if I am wrong, or if there is another solution?

You are correct. LDD use some connections as collision and it is the case with type 14 (1.5mm bars). If you remove this connection it will fit inside pins but you loose connection to 1.5mm bars.

Type 7 is also used as a collision so if you change type 21 for type 7 it prevents connecting 1.5mm bars (type 15).

Type 21 act the same as type 7 but does not collide with type 15.

In case all those number are confusing, here is a small cheat sheet:

• type 6: 3.5mm bar holder
  • type 7: 3.5mm bar
  • type 14: 1.5mm bar holder
  • type 15: 1.5mm bar
  • type 21: 3.5mm hollow bar

Another collision bug?  78258, the 2L bar, I can’t put a clip flush to its flange, there’s a small gap.

Those look awesome!

Btw, is there a list or file anywhere with all of the decoratable (decorable?) parts? I've somewhat lost track with all the additions and updates that have been made to the items... :)

3 hours ago, jester said:

a really BIG update is coming :laugh:

7CvXRRg.png

So that's what those weird symmetrical deformed-looking hand pieces are for.

Also, boy howdy, you ain't kiddin'. Good work.

6 hours ago, Blip said:

Those look awesome!

Btw, is there a list or file anywhere with all of the decoratable (decorable?) parts? I've somewhat lost track with all the additions and updates that have been made to the items... :)

Euhm, not really. There is a Google Sheets files that lists which parts are decorable... And otherwise you need to follow the DecorationMapping.xml. Or, use the 2020NewPreColoredParts pallette in the Mindstorms mode.

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

Euhm, not really. There is a Google Sheets files that lists which parts are decorable... And otherwise you need to follow the DecorationMapping.xml. Or, use the 2020NewPreColoredParts pallette in the Mindstorms mode.

The Google Sheets file sounds ideal, actually - do you know where I can find it?

Sadly the DecorationMapping file is of no use as I don't install it or any new decos, on account of using my own mapping files for custom .pngs!

Hi, I am new to all these custom bricks. Is there a way to directly upload these files into Stud.io, if I can get the zips to extract (which I haven't been able to yet)

Thanks up front!

Hi, parts #77180 & #77182 appear to be missing from the 20210710 version GitHub package, despite the fact that they are listed on the webpage as new parts added. Could someone look into this? Thank you very much!

14 minutes ago, AFOL2000 said:

Hi, parts #77180 & #77182 appear to be missing from the 20210710 version GitHub package, despite the fact that they are listed on the webpage as new parts added. Could someone look into this? Thank you very much!

Welcome! I just checked and both Bricks are present in the latest unofficial LDD update posted here. Make sure that you’re in LDD Extended Mode and you can find both Bricks under the special roof tile category (number six starting from top left). Alternatively, go to LDD Extended Mode and type 77810/77812 and they should appear in your search results.