Looking good. Lots of very helpful round things. Lots of decorable things that I've been just dying to decorate since I first discovered custom decorations or since they were added, whichever came first. A little bar thing whose job I can now stop using the minifigure lipstick tube for. And of course, the long awaited long legs. And I helped.

Sure is weird that there was a model available for the long legs but not for the long arms, though. You'd think they (I've forgotten exactly who "they" are) would've released those together as set, wouldn't you?

Torso with long arms will come in the next update. I want to have the arms decorated as well, but that is more tricky to do.

Edited by Stephan

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

Torso with long arms will come in the next update. I want to have the arms decorated as well, but that is more tricky to do.

Oh, okay. That works too. Glad you won't have to wait on anyone else for it. Take all the time you need.

May these pieces be added in the next update?

1. No. 37364 Minifig Hips and Legs Medium
  2. No. 41612 Minifig Hair, Female Long and Straight, Center Parted

8 hours ago, Jason C. Hand said:

May these pieces be added in the next update?

1. No. 37364 Minifig Hips and Legs Medium
  2. No. 41612 Minifig Hair, Female Long and Straight, Center Parted

I'll do it

Unfortunately I can't find 41612 in ldraw library, so can't add it

Edited by jester

26 minutes ago, Stephan said:

And I believe the medium legs are already available.

Already done)

Check drive 

5 hours ago, jester said:

Already done)

Check drive 

Ok, thank you. Also, where might I find the drive?

Edited by Jason C. Hand

45 minutes ago, Jason C. Hand said:

Ok, thank you. Also, where might I find the drive?

It's a folder for me and @Stephan for updates

Also I updated Killer Croc body
Bxytzqj.png

And one more question, how about custom minifig parts form videogames?

On 7/7/2021 at 12:17 AM, BrokenEye said:

Hmm... that doesn't seem to have worked.

Eureka!

Full story: the problem was that the Palettes/LDDExtended directory wasn’t effective on my system, and on another computer, re-creating the LIF worked.  And note that I’m using Wine.  One thing to know with Wine is the local settings directories aren’t exactly what they are in (the different versions) of Windows (for instance, some things that should be under AppData are in Local Settings/Application Data, Local Settings isn’t a symlink as it’s on Win10).  So I thought: LDD can’t find the files, it must be looking in the wrong place.  So I traced LDD’s file operations… and that #@! reads (actually reads!) all the files in the Palettes directory.  So it reads the directory with the new colours… then the old LDDExtended.lif, even if it was renamed and, apparently, the name of the .lif is not important (not even the extension), only the content is.  So the last one read decides what you see.

TL;DR: be sure to move your old LDDExtended.lif (whatever name you changed it to) elsewhere.  LDD reads everything, whatever their name and extension.

34 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Eureka!

Full story: the problem was that the Palettes/LDDExtended directory wasn’t effective on my system, and on another computer, re-creating the LIF worked.  And note that I’m using Wine.  One thing to know with Wine is the local settings directories aren’t exactly what they are in (the different versions) of Windows (for instance, some things that should be under AppData are in Local Settings/Application Data, Local Settings isn’t a symlink as it’s on Win10).  So I thought: LDD can’t find the files, it must be looking in the wrong place.  So I traced LDD’s file operations… and that #@! reads (actually reads!) all the files in the Palettes directory.  So it reads the directory with the new colours… then the old LDDExtended.lif, even if it was renamed and, apparently, the name of the .lif is not important (not even the extension), only the content is.  So the last one read decides what you see.

TL;DR: be sure to move your old LDDExtended.lif (whatever name you changed it to) elsewhere.  LDD reads everything, whatever their name and extension.

How does one recreate the LDDExtended.lif? Also, what of the PAXML and BAXML files found in the Palettes folder??

21 minutes ago, Jason C. Hand said:

How does one recreate the LDDExtended.lif?

With LIF-Creator.py (there’s a thread somewhere…).  But it’s not necessary.

You just need to extract the .lif (LDDExtended.lif and/or LDD.lif) and replace the files there with the ones provided by Stephan.  And move the .lif in another directory for safe-keeping and to prevent LDD to read them.

23 hours ago, Stephan said:

Thanks for a great update as usual! I hope that you can eventually figure out the 1x6 Door Arch and 1x4 Car Front though from the old printed Bricks Decorations I posted a while back as these old parts do lack official Decoration IDs. I also mentioned that Decoration 303701 can be applied onto Part 3297 Roof Tile 3X4/25° for the old Bright Yellow Car Front. Finally, I already posted the three vintage arch designs which can be downloaded here , and I hope to see them added in the next update (at least for the Boy and Girl with Decoration IDs being 81780 and 81781 respectively).

2 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

This worked perfectly for me, I had the expanded palette working fine on one computer, but when I recently reinstalled LDD and all the custom stuff on another computer, that's the one thing that didn't carry over and I didn't know why.

I only found a couple of collision issues installing the new parts within models. I couldn't pass anything all the way through the hole at the center of 72206, the new Speed Champions wheel, and I can't attach a 2x2 round dish piece inside like it does in two of the sets in which it appears. 67759, the Ecto-1 windshield, appears to have a slightly misaligned collision box; one side can't fit parts right next to it on the outside, the other side can't fit parts right next to it on the inside. Finally, the turntable connection point on the bottom of 65138 interferes with placing the part on some, but not all, studded surfaces.

19 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I only found a couple of collision issues installing the new parts within models. I couldn't pass anything all the way through the hole at the center of 72206, the new Speed Champions wheel, and I can't attach a 2x2 round dish piece inside like it does in two of the sets in which it appears. 67759, the Ecto-1 windshield, appears to have a slightly misaligned collision box; one side can't fit parts right next to it on the outside, the other side can't fit parts right next to it on the inside. Finally, the turntable connection point on the bottom of 65138 interferes with placing the part on some, but not all, studded surfaces.

I will look into these bugs. These only appear when using them in specific ways. So these bugs are hard to catch sometimes. For the new Speed Champions wheel, do you mean a bar won't go through?

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

Thanks for a great update as usual! I hope that you can eventually figure out the 1x6 Door Arch and 1x4 Car Front though from the old printed Bricks Decorations I posted a while back as these old parts do lack official Decoration IDs.

Yeah, sorry, they disappeared a bit from my radar! I will include them!

Edited by Stephan

2 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

With LIF-Creator.py (there’s a thread somewhere…).  But it’s not necessary.

You just need to extract the .lif (LDDExtended.lif and/or LDD.lif) and replace the files there with the ones provided by Stephan.  And move the .lif in another directory for safe-keeping and to prevent LDD to read them.

Oh, okay. Gotcha now, thank you!

2 hours ago, jester said:

So guys
What do you think about custom parts?

Ny1uCQu.png
EQBPjd8.png

I personally wouldn’t use custom parts (meaning parts that doesn’t exist in real). But even Lego uses custom non-existing parts in their digital games. For example a Bantha. 

9 minutes ago, M2m said:

I personally wouldn’t use custom parts (meaning parts that doesn’t exist in real). But even Lego uses custom non-existing parts in their digital games. For example a Bantha. 

This is for now)

0ks9GDt.png

5 hours ago, Stephan said:

I will look into these bugs. These only appear when using them in specific ways. So these bugs are hard to catch sometimes. For the new Speed Champions wheel, do you mean a bar won't go through?

Yeah, sorry, they disappeared a bit from my radar! I will include them!

Thanks, so five possible new Decorations (1x6 door arch, 1x4 car front, three arch designs) to be added in the next update, and if Part 3297 Roof Tile 3X4/25° can be decorated with the car front then another new decoration combo!

I recently stumbled upon two random glitches in LDD regarding newly added Parts 30082 and 41740 but I only remembered about them this morning, so here goes a slightly delayed bug report.

As shown in this screenshot, collision data for the ball part of 30082 seems to be missing, so it can currently be inserted into any Brick. For 41740, collision data seems to also be missing so it can currently sink into nearby Bricks such as the vertical 1x2 Flat Tile at the back.

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

I recently stumbled upon two random glitches in LDD regarding newly added Parts 30082 and 41740 but I only remembered about them this morning, so here goes a slightly delayed bug report.

As shown in this screenshot, collision data for the ball part of 30082 seems to be missing, so it can currently be inserted into any Brick. For 41740, collision data seems to also be missing so it can currently sink into nearby Bricks such as the vertical 1x2 Flat Tile at the back.

I imagine it'd be kinda useful if that bug worked in real life.

7 hours ago, jester said:

So guys
What do you think about custom parts?

Ny1uCQu.png
EQBPjd8.png

Is that 1970s Buck Rogers?