Hi! A friend of mine that doesn't have an EB account have run into a problem installing the latest parts. The problem came from them being not very computer-wise and the fact that the archive on Dropbox is called "Primitives" which leads to confusion for a person who would not think to look into the archive to figure out what's inside.

I propose to rename the archive into "LEGO Digital Designer" to avoid similar confusion in the future.

14 minutes ago, The Mugbearer said:

I propose to rename the archive into "LEGO Digital Designer" to avoid similar confusion in the future.

Seconded, but maybe “New Parts for LDD” to avoid another confusion: Is “LDD” the whole LDD application?  The whole LDD folder of the user?  No, it’s bits that go into the user\…\LDD folder.

1 minute ago, SylvainLS said:

Seconded, but maybe “New Parts for LDD” to avoid another confusion: Is “LDD” the whole LDD application?  The whole LDD folder of the user?  No, it’s bits that go into the user\…\LDD folder.

I feel like we can achieve both goals here. The instructions for installation should be updated a little to reduce confusion.

I will do some renaming of the folder and will also update the instructions soon. The new update might take some weeks. There a many new parts I want to include. And creating the update takes about half a day, so I want to use the time as efficiently as possible.

One more part for the next update))

k1IrRuh.png

And new decorations )

YYkbhRE.png

Edited by jester

13 hours ago, The Mugbearer said:

Hi! A friend of mine that doesn't have an EB account have run into a problem installing the latest parts. The problem came from them being not very computer-wise and the fact that the archive on Dropbox is called "Primitives" which leads to confusion for a person who would not think to look into the archive to figure out what's inside.

Honestly using custom parts is kind of an advanced topic. You need to located your LDD library file which is in a directory traditionally hidden to users usually, you need to extract that library, copy files into the respective sub folders, etc. I did 2 video tutorials (no sound) to show it, but yeah it can be confusing if you are not so computer-wise. 

On 6/20/2021 at 8:36 PM, Kingsidorak said:

Hello there! I am Kingsidorak, more known on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram under Kingsidorak_art.
I am a moderator in that discord, and you can join it here: Bionicle 3D Modeling I also have my own public Discord, which Lehvak Nuva is in as well, and you can join that here: Kingsidorak's Server

Please be aware that the models Kryakwa is talking about being from other people are often used without their knowledge. Those should be avoided to respect those modelers, since he has no interest in respecting them until they find out and come to him to ask for the models to not appear in future versions... Which is often useless because they usually find out long after he released the files to hundreds of users, while he expects others to respect his wishes for how BioPack is used regardless if some of those models have licenses attached to them or not.
Lehvak Nuva is directly making parts for Biopack. Those and some other specific ones are fine to use, because they're directly contributed, but some models Lehvak is putting out are edits of other's models, and you should be aware of which ones those are. I don't know how well the credits list is, as I explicitly do not allow the models I make from scratch to be in the BioPack, and yet one of my released parts was on the list marked as being available in the pack, or something. It's been a while since that happened

Also, keep in mind that this is the same guy who's telling you to contact authors, after he himself has taken them from free sources without contacting them, then editing them, and redistrubting them.

Hello there. I also decided to investigate anything about 3D here, and maybe even find some unique guys.

Is it possible to make the two-colored legs and arms accept the decals from their respective one-color parts? It's weird that they don't let you do that in the unmodded program.

Also do you know if Glitter, Speckle, and Satin colors are compatible enough to be added in some future update. That one's more of a "nice to have" than something I have a specific need for, but it'd just feel "more complete", I guess.

3 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Also do you know if Glitter, Speckle, and Satin colors are compatible enough to be added in some future update.

Glitter and opal colors are already included, but you have to replaced all Material files (I believe there are four: 2 in the db folder, one in the LDDExtended palette, and the MaterialNames one).

29 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Glitter and opal colors are already included, but you have to replaced all Material files (I believe there are four: 2 in the db folder, one in the LDDExtended palette, and the MaterialNames one).

Oh, I think I see. Are those thing things packaged under Primitives/Palettes? And I have to move those somewhere else? Must've missed that when I moved all the other things.

Edited by BrokenEye

Well, they are located in the rar file where they should come in the folder. If you unpack the rar file, you should see the files there.

Unpack the Primitives.rar file. Now you'll see two folders, an lxf with the newest parts, and the change log. You can just copy/paste the two folders into your original folder and overwrite the files. Or you manually choose files to copy/paste. Files related to colors are:
- MaterialSelector.xml (located in Palettes --> LDDExtended)
- Material.xml (located in db)
- CurrentMaterials.xml (located in db)
- localizedStrings.loc (located in db --> MaterialNames --> EN)

An update to the color palette comes with the upcoming update as well, updating the colorID of Gold Ink.

Edited by Stephan

Hmm... I double checked everything and they're still not showing up. The other changes to the color palette you added are there, though. Weird.

Are "Glitter" and "Opal" their own color groups? Maybe it's the groups that aren't showing up rather than the colors themselves.

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Hmm... I double checked everything and they're still not showing up. The other changes to the color palette you added are there, though. Weird.

FWIW, I’m using Wine and, on one computer, the new colours won’t appear in the palette if the palette is not in .lif form (i.e., folder = no, extended.lif = yes), and on another, they won’t appear at all… but they are still useable by copying (pipette) them from another file.

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Are "Glitter" and "Opal" their own color groups? Maybe it's the groups that aren't showing up rather than the colors themselves.

No, we weren't able to create a new group since they appear to be hard-coded. They are included in the Transparent section. Though they will not show glitter/opalescence, they are just transparent.

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

FWIW, I’m using Wine and, on one computer, the new colours won’t appear in the palette if the palette is not in .lif form (i.e., folder = no, extended.lif = yes), and on another, they won’t appear at all… but they are still useable by copying (pipette) them from another file.

The Palettes folder, you mean?

No, the LDDextended palette, which is either a “LDDextended” subfolder or an “LDDextended.lif” file into the “Palettes” folder.

To add the colours to the Extended mode’s colour palette, you need to edit/replace the MaterialSelector.xml file that’s in it.  On one Wine install, I needed to recreate the .lif with LIF-Creator because LDD [wc]ouldn’t read the folder, and on another, nothing works and the colours are not in the palette.  One of the little quirks of Wine I guess :def_shrug:

Man, that stuf get´s more complicated everytime.Someone tech savy enough should do an installer that basically plops all Update Files where they belong to.

7 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

No, the LDDextended palette, which is either a “LDDextended” subfolder or an “LDDextended.lif” file into the “Palettes” folder.

To add the colours to the Extended mode’s colour palette, you need to edit/replace the MaterialSelector.xml file that’s in it.  On one Wine install, I needed to recreate the .lif with LIF-Creator because LDD [wc]ouldn’t read the folder, and on another, nothing works and the colours are not in the palette.  One of the little quirks of Wine I guess :def_shrug:

Hmm... that doesn't seem to have worked.

4 hours ago, Bony_em said:

is this piece in the LDD? LEGO Bionicle Rahkshi Head (44807)

Usually check the search bar. LDD uses the same item numbers as Bricklink. So search up a number of a part in LDD. And see if it show up.

As for the Rahkshi head. That's not in LDD.

Added version 20210710: LINK.

This version includes 53 new parts, 9 updated parts, 177 new decorated parts, 1 added color to the pallette, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, a new version of Materials, and a new version of CurrentMaterial and a new version of LDD.paxml!

Even though the parts are thoroughly checked, you might still encounter unforeseen problems during some builds. If that is the case, please let me know.

210710.png

For which parts are you most excited?

Enjoy :blush: