1 hour ago, Stephan said:

I added the decorations to the next update. I did recolor the white color to silver. 

Try: Link. (You can search on BrickLink with '28631*'). I have to skip creating the UV map for this part. I tried it a bit, but without success. Maybe @jester or @polymaker is able to create the UV map.

Thanks a lot! Decorations for Set 853195 Brick Calendar will be ready this weekend (currently working through the day numbers then only the month names left), so stay tuned (the weekday abbreviations use the “Chalet Comprimé Hong Kong 1960” while the rest continue to use the “Chalet London 1960” font, I have both fonts successfully installed on my laptop so everything can be produced accurately)! However, for this bunch to work Decoration support needs to be added to the two main vertical surfaces of the 2x10 Brick to display the month names. All Decoration PNG files will be 1024px times 1024px as usual for the maximum display quality, while all text will be in Black (RGB value: 27/42/52) and the font size scaled up according to scale.

P.S., I hope that the vintage Decorations can be added to LDD too even without official Decoration IDs. Currently, we have the 1x6 door arch, 1x4 car front and the 2x6x3 flowers. The 3x4 (roof tile) Bright Yellow car front can be added once Decoration support is added to the main slope as the Decoration was already added to LDD in the last update. Once I finish the Brick Calendar I will return to the remaining three vintage decorations and finish converting these into LDD Decorations.

Alright, before I mess with anything else, let me know if the hole is in the right place now. I think I got it, but I'm not real used to the way Illustrator does guides so I'm not totally confident in that.

CbjWtYH.png

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

let me know if the hole is in the right place now.

It is almost:
2105xx.png

Add the following to DecorationMapping.xml, then you'll see the image (rename your spiderweb image to 39606):

<Mapping decorationID="39606" designID="4740" surfaceID="1"/>

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

It is almost:
2105xx.png

Add the following to DecorationMapping.xml, then you'll see the image (rename your spiderweb image to 39606): 

<Mapping decorationID="39606" designID="4740" surfaceID="1"/>

qfpxj1q.png

Alright, I think I've got it centered. I'm gonna power down for the night and report back when I've got a finished product or two.

8 hours ago, Stephan said:

I added the decorations to the next update. I did recolor the white color to silver.

Try: Link. (You can search on BrickLink with '28631*'). I have to skip creating the UV map for this part. I tried it a bit, but without success. Maybe @jester or @polymaker is able to create the UV map.

No problem

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/162Kj7ZYSHMYHYiHLOg-cB-wXoaAq9rjc?usp=sharing

@Stephan please delete parts after you download it

Edited by jester

On 5/25/2021 at 1:34 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Btw Is LDD supposed to crash with the new parts when I try to generate instructions for a part list?

It's not. There's an issue with some parts. Some of the ones I made will crash, others won't. I might investigate it once I find some will to do it.

5 hours ago, jester said:

please delete parts after you download it

No problem! I saw that you uploaded the 50018x series again. These are already included in the new parts pack :)

1 hour ago, Funnysh said:

were did you get 3d models, tell me please :3

Probably LDraw.

1 minute ago, Stephan said:

No problem! I saw that you uploaded the 50018x series again. These are already included in the new parts pack :)

oooups, i wanted to add 37341*

Check drive

A'ight, try these on for size.

RBkvSJq.pngqSzLc6r.png

Part of the center of the energy pattern will be cut off because the LDD doesn't seem to want to let the texture get as close to the stud as it does on the actual part, but I figure there's not really anything that can be done about that. Or nothing I can do about that, anyway. I have no idea what's possible on your end.

1 hour ago, BrokenEye said:

Another decal, this time for part 30151.

Nice work!

Do you think I should've gone with a light gray for the mouth interior instead of the white? That original image I used for reference really could've gone either way. I'm also debating whether the brow ridge should be straight on the bottom, or alternately, curved on the top. Has anyone seen the actual piece in person?

5 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Do you think I should've gone with a light gray for the mouth interior instead of the white? That original image I used for reference really could've gone either way. I'm also debating whether the brow ridge should be straight on the bottom, or alternately, curved on the top. Has anyone seen the actual piece in person?

You can have a look at images of the relevant set on Brickset for more close-up shots of the face: https://brickset.com/sets/76022-1/X-Men-vs-The-Sentinel, and check out the official image of the part from LEGO below. Overall, I think you nailed the design so adjustments may only be needed once successfully added to LDD.

6078477.jpg

On 5/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, Stephan said:

All 50 Printed Decorations for Set 853195 Brick Calendar are finally ready and can be downloaded here, where the weekday abbreviations use the “Chalet Comprimé Hong Kong 1960” font while the rest continue to use the “Chalet London 1960” font and the font colour is Black (RGB value: 27/42/52), which should require no changes at all so everything can be added to LDD directly. I failed to locate all the Decoration IDs for the 12 Month Name Decorations (perhaps custom ID numbers need to be assigned), so the corresponding entries of the “DecorationMapping.xml” file are not included this time, and Decoration support must be added to the two vertical surfaces of the 2x10 Brick to display the Month Names. Once these are added to LDD we can finally fully construct Set 853195 Brick Calendar in LDD, and this may mean another entry for the “Official Sets Made In LDD” topic (given that all Decorations of the two Minifigures are already present in LDD).

Alongside Set 850425 Desk Business Card Holder, I recently noticed Set 850686 Notebook with Studs and found that it uses the same 26 letter tiles and 10 number tiles from the previous Set with different tile colours, excluding the four symbols and .com but including five additional letters: Å, Æ, Ö, Ø and Ü. After a bit of additional work, I was able to convert the five new letters into PNG files which can be downloaded here, although the letters do need to be recoloured into Silver as I continued to use White (RGB value: 244/244/244) as the text colour. The original PNG files had several letters misaligned so I had to adjust their positions when performing image cropping to place them back in the middle. Like the 12 Month Name Decorations of the Brick Calendar, I also failed to locate the Decoration IDs of these five new letters, so the corresponding entries of the “DecorationMapping.xml” file are not included as well (perhaps custom ID numbers need to be assigned too).

All Decoration PNG files are 1024px times 1024px as usual for the maximum display quality with the font size enlarged according to scale. Keep up the great work as usual and thanks in advance!

Edited by suenkachun

Updated sentinal head decal with what I believe is more accurate coloring. I'm going to leave the brow ridge as it is for now.

agh0GF3.png

On 5/29/2021 at 10:10 AM, Stephan said:

I can not reproduce this error.

It's pretty complicated for some reason. Here's a demonstration:

Also I'd like to know if the "db" folder is the only thing that contains the new part files. As in, can I just archive the entire thing and send it to someone who doesn't have the db.lif unpacked?

2 minutes ago, The Mugbearer said:

It's pretty complicated for some reason. Here's a demonstration:

Also I'd like to know if the "db" folder is the only thing that contains the new part files. As in, can I just archive the entire thing and send it to someone who doesn't have the db.lif unpacked?

If you look on the side, you'll see that 44358 doesn't attach because of the form 
BXEOXfR.png

32 minutes ago, jester said:

If you look on the side, you'll see that 44358 doesn't attach because of the form 

Hmm yeah. But also, your screenshot shows it 1 plate lower than intended.

b23b74552343d6c8e9c752c6dd20d098.png

Seem to barely fit there. I wonder if anyone can check this connection IRL for me.

Alternatively I can use 1 x 1 upward brackets probably, because those have smoothed corners.

EDIT: I asked a few friends to check it out and it actually works IRL with negligible amount of part strain:

IMG_20210602_0451172.jpg

Edited by The Mugbearer

Here's a Death Star greeble decal for part 2454. I decided I'd earned an easy one. I'm not totally sure the artboard dimensions are compatible, though. 2454's shape doesn't really translate well into squares.

P78To4C.pngE3XHc30.png

Some more 2454 decals. I think this is probably all I'm going to do for now, apart from a couple more 28631 decals that I'm going to do as soon as I'm sure the Iron Man decal I made earlier for that part fits.

Spoiler

x0KPE2B.pngIBMFmGv.png

The source image for this brick wall decal is pretty low res, so it's basically a certainty that it doesn't match 100%, but at least for the moment there's not really anything I can do about that.

9rqoJr1.pngUuB8b9q.png

Not totally satisfied with some of the more pictorial hieroglyphs on these cartouches (particularly the birds and the forearm), but let me know what you think. I can always go back and redo bits of it.

maNSZYM.pngY3U5NFd.pngJeeDbsW.pngslmLr5R.png

Xz7SNt8.png7xA2Y38.pngDYYNxD1.pngNtaE6WA.png

Xy0bD7w.pngHj5V98W.png