1 hour ago, Stephan said:

For these parts no 3D models are available. The skirt and the Macuahuitl will be included in the upcoming pack.

Huh... not even the ushanka? I assumed that Bricklink having access to a 3D model and you having access to a 3D model would be... well, I guess I assumed you were getting them from the same place, but I really have no idea.

57 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Bricklink having access to a 3D model and you having access to a 3D model would be

Hmm, most of the times Studio uses the 3D model from LDraw... if it's available in Studio, I have to look into it.

Added version 20210501: LINK.

This version includes 85 new parts, over 41 updated parts, 190 new decorated parts, 2 added colors to the pallette, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, a new version of Materials, and a new version of CurrentMaterial and a new version of LDD.paxml!

Even though the parts are thoroughly checked, you might still encounter unforeseen problems during some builds. If that is the case, please let me know.
On Github: Pre-Release branch parts have been merged into the Development branch.

Enjoy :blush:

Edited by Stephan

47 minutes ago, Stephan said:

This version includes 85 new parts, over 41 updated parts, 190 new decorated parts, 2 added colors to the pallette, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, a new version of Materials, and a new version of CurrentMaterial and a new version of LDD.paxml!

Even though the parts are thoroughly checked, you might still encounter unforeseen problems during some builds. If that is the case, please let me know.
On Github: Pre-Release branch parts have been merged into the Development branch.

Enjoy :blush:

A massive thank you for this amazing update! I just noticed that when opening the latest 210501 lxf file, it said that three bricks could not be loaded and have been removed from the model. I did a quick check and discovered that the three NASA Decorations (782525, 782526 and 782531) were missing on the three Part 76798. Upon further investigations, I noticed that these three Decorations are missing from the latest DecorationMapping.xml file, so I guess that the three missing entries need to be added and updated? Other than this, the rest of the update works like a charm so thanks again!

14 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

A massive thank you for this amazing update! I just noticed that when opening the latest 210501 lxf file, it said that three bricks could not be loaded and have been removed from the model. I did a quick check and discovered that the three NASA Decorations (782525, 782526 and 782531) were missing on the three Part 76798. Upon further investigations, I noticed that these three Decorations are missing from the latest DecorationMapping.xml file, so I guess that the three missing entries need to be added and updated? Other than this, the rest of the update works like a charm so thanks again!

I found the exact same problem. The three missing bricks appear to be 21987 Large Figure Lightsaber Blade 15M with Axle Hole, 65128 Container Box Vidiyo Window, and 46891 Technic Digger Bucket 10 x 19.

EDIT: Going through and trying to add some of these parts to my library of official sets. So far I've found that 21562 Large Figure Armor, Leg Shin Guard with Ball Joint Socket doesn't have proper connectivity. It works with some ball joints but not any of the center ones in limb pieces where it actually connects when it appears in sets. 

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

1 hour ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Going through and trying to add some of these parts to my library of official sets. So far I've found that 21562 Large Figure Armor, Leg Shin Guard with Ball Joint Socket doesn't have proper connectivity. It works with some ball joints but not any of the center ones in limb pieces where it actually connects when it appears in sets.

That might be due to collisions... I will fix this.

I will fix the pack tomorrow (I don't have access now to my pc).

Though the files should be available through Github for the mean time :)

Edited by Stephan

7 hours ago, Stephan said:

Oh sweet, I was looking forward to some of these (in addition to the ones I posted)

Hey, how come the decals for the Tile 2x6 in the new pack have to be 2x4? I tried using a decal with the actual dimensions of the surface, but it got squished down to only take up two thirds of the surface. It's really weird, and you lose a lot of resolution stretching a 2x4 decal to fill a 2x6 space.

The decals for the 2x3 also have to be 2x4 for some reason, which is also really weird, but at least you're not losing any resolution so it's not really a problem.

3 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Hey, how come the decals for the Tile 2x6 in the new pack have to be 2x4? I tried using a decal with the actual dimensions of the surface, but it got squished down to only take up two thirds of the surface. It's really weird, and you lose a lot of resolution stretching a 2x4 decal to fill a 2x6 space.

The decals for the 2x3 also have to be 2x4 for some reason, which is also really weird, but at least you're not losing any resolution so it's not really a problem.

I have posted about this before, just search for the relevant posts in this topic regarding Decoration Sizes and have a look at the PDF file I created. Basically, LDD can only properly handle Decorations Sizes which are either square or the power of two, so other than squares only 1x2, 1x4, 2x4, 1x8 and 8x16 will work properly. Decorations such as 1x3, 2x3, 1x6, 2x6 and future 6x6 will not be displayed perfectly as LDD is not programmed to handle them well. For the best results, regarding all Decorations which can’t be displayed properly just compress your design into a square then LDD will automatically resize it correctly on the relevant surface. The maximum Decoration Size in LDD is 1024px times 1024px, so for the best output clarity I usually output all of my irregular Decorations Sizes in this maximum dimension.

Edited by suenkachun

11 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Hey, how come the decals for the Tile 2x6 in the new pack have to be 2x4?

The 2x6 Tile was the first part ai made decorable, without knowing what I was doing. I have to re-visit this part. In the next update the resolution of the sticker will be updated as well (256x512 probably).

7 hours ago, suenkachun said:

The maximum Decoration Size in LDD is 1024px times 1024px, so for the best output clarity I usually output all of my irregular Decorations Sizes in this maximum dimension.

I will keep this in mind! I also read your pdf though:)

Edited by Stephan

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

Basically, LDD can only properly handle Decorations Sizes which are either square or the power of two, so other than squares only 1x2, 1x4, 2x4, 1x8 and 8x16 will work properly. Decorations such as 1x3, 2x3, 1x6, 2x6 and future 6x6 will not be displayed perfectly as LDD is not programmed to handle them well.

That... actually makes sense.

EDIT: A-h'yup, I tried applying a 2x8 decal to a 2x6 tile instead of a the 2x4 I mentioned previously, and it works fine. No squishing. No loss of resolution. Thanks.

Edited by BrokenEye

3 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Oh, also, can 4740, 17485, 30151a, 2454, and 28631pb01 be made decorable in the next update (I literally only just realized that this was something I could ask for)?

I will see what I can do. I'll need (to create) corresponding decorations first. So I will try. If you have official decorations for (some of) these parts, please let me know.

Edited by Stephan

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

I will see what I can do. I'll need (to create) corresponding decorations first. So I will try. If you have official decorations for (some of) these parts, please let me know.

I haven't got any at the moment, but I could definitely cook some up if you'd like.

49 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

I haven't got any at the moment, but I could definitely cook some up if you'd like.

If you want to do that, yes please! I can draw the decorations from flat surfaces, but curved ones...

30 minutes ago, Stephan said:

If you want to do that, yes please! I can draw the decorations from flat surfaces, but curved ones...

Not gonna lie, those ones kinda freak me out too. The angling on some of Bricklink's photos is pretty good, so it's probably not gonna be as hard as it could've been, but I don't know how hard "gonna be" and "could've been" actually are yet.

6 hours ago, Stephan said:

One of the first LEGO Sets I still own is Set 4244 My Home Bucket, released way back in 1998! Although the bricks are now scattered across many places, I managed to dig through my collection and locate seven vintage Printed LEGO Bricks, including a Part 3010 Brick 1x4, a Part 3009 Brick 1x6, a Part 3297 Roof Tile 3x4/25° three Part 4744 Arch 2x4x2 and a Part 6213 Brick 2x6x3. From this image, we can see that there is the set of three classic designs of the 90s: Part 81780 BRICK CURV.2X4/2X2 D.BOY, Part 81781 BRICK CUR.2X4/2X2 D.GIRL and Brick 2x6x3 with Red, White, Blue Flowers Pattern, then we have another Green Arch 2x4x2 which I randomly retrieved from a relative’s Duplo Collection a while ago, next is the two car fronts (1x4 Brick and Roof Tile) and finally we have a fancy 1x6 upper door arch.

The car front on the Bright Yellow Roof Tile is easy to create as this decoration was just added to the latest pack, so just make the slope decoratable and apply the relevant decoration. If there are no better files of the other decorations available online, I could probably scan these Bricks into BMP Files then convert these to SVG images for accurate digital re-colouring (as colouring on these old Bricks have faded over time) then output as PNGs for use in LDD. I’ll use the RGB Values of Official LEGO Colours to make everything as accurate as possible, and hopefully I can contribute something soon. Thanks for the massive efforts by everyone up till now!

Hey, I think I just found a bug. The new plastic skirt prevents legs from connecting with torsos. Seems to happen no matter which legs you use.

bFV4Wqw.jpg

21 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Been wondering but what sets did part 35051 come in? 

35051.png

Good question. It was part of the Lego Unity pack - so its official from Lego. But on the other hand I can't seem to find a set or real version of it.

7 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Hey, I think I just found a bug. The new plastic skirt prevents legs from connecting with torsos. Seems to happen no matter which legs you use.

Hmm I tested that new skirt thoroughly... I have to check when I am at home.