On 1/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Stephan said:

Added version 20210116: LINK.

This version includes 65 new parts, 61 updated parts, 6 new decorations, 5 new colors, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, a new version of MaterialNames, a new version of Materials, and a new version of CurrentMaterial!

WANTED! Decorators!

Thanks!!

On 1/14/2021 at 3:10 PM, M2m said:

LDD-New-Parts/1005179 - is 98169 now at main · sttng/LDD-New-Parts (github.com) -  98073_41140.fbx

Most interestingly there is an xml file for 41140 (the female connector), but not for the body.

Update:

OK, I think I got the geometry kind of right. Anyway connections and collisions still pending.

98073.PNG

Many thanks !!

By the way , speaking of triceratops I think there an issue with the head ( 40389 ) of the old version , it didn't fit in the neck-tail piece ( 40375 ) :

clipboard01_by_seblebon_decflz0-fullview

Thanks again all of you <3

On 1/17/2021 at 2:46 AM, Stephan said:

Can you pm me a screenshot of the parts that do appear in the lxf?

Sorry for the delayed response, but here are the details.

Here is the error message, and here is a screenshot of the parts which do appear. I also saved 210116.lxf a second time after the error message appeared and it can be found here. I just checked and the brick count remained the same at 135, so it seems odd for the error message to appear.

There’s two parts missing in your new file: 98169 (Triceratops head assembly, should be behind the legs) and 11947 (Technic panel 2x5, should be behind the arms with pins, in front of the balloon dog).

These two parts couldn’t be loaded and therefore weren’t saved.

As a note, the triceratops head doesn’t load for me either but it may be due to collisions in the file because I can re-add it.

BTW, I just stumbled upon an old post of mine in an old LDD bugs and issues topic. I noticed that part of this issue has already been fixed since the release of the series of un(official) updates, so here are the remaining unsolved issues.

When using the colour filter to select 40-Transparent in the regular mode of LDD, a number of other bricks in different colours will also be filtered in and displayed in the menu, which also means that these bricks are actually partially incorrectly coloured, but after inserting them into the model they’re all fine (except for one), so it’s mostly just something to do with the menu. This issue is now present only in the following two bricks.

1. Part 3069: Flat Tile 1x2 (Image). In this case filtering Transparent will end up with three colours: the Transparent one, the 311-Tr. Bright Green one and another nearly Transparent one. The second one is filtered in since its sides are incorrectly painted in Transparent. The third one should actually be in 294-Phosph,Green (I applied the 294 colour filter and it also showed up in the menu), but other than having most of it painted incorrectly as Transparent, you will end up with the Transparent version if you insert it (unlike the second one which will correctly insert the Tr. Bright Green version, so this specific brick has more underlying problems than just a menu glitch). This glitch has remained unchanged even since the (un)official updates.

2. Part 3626 Mini Head (Image). In this case filtering Transparent will end up with four two colours: the Transparent one, the 311-Tr. Bright Green one, and the 294-Phosph,Green one and the 143-Tr. Fluore. Blue one. The three two extra bricks are filtered in since their tops and bottoms are all incorrectly painted in Transparent (the screenshot is currently outdated as only the 294-Phosph,Green one shows up now).

Hope to see these three incorrectly coloured bricks fixed too and thanks as usual!

17 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

There’s two parts missing in your new file: 98169 (Triceratops head assembly, should be behind the legs) and 11947 (Technic panel 2x5, should be behind the arms with pins, in front of the balloon dog).

As a note, the triceratops head doesn’t load for me either but it may be due to collisions in the file because I can re-add it.

Thanks for the information. I successfully reinserted both bricks in alternative locations and saved the file without the error message appearing upon reopening, so I guess it must have been some sort of collision errors in the source file that caused them to be removed, as I made sure to update my LDD correctly and not modify the original file after a direct download.

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

2 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Sorry for the delayed response, but here are the details.

Here is the error message, and here is a screenshot of the parts which do appear. I also saved 210116.lxf a second time after the error message appeared and it can be found here. I just checked and the brick count remained the same at 135, so it seems odd for the error message to appear.

For the Triceratops head it seems the assembly was missed to be included in the parts pack (the head is a combination of the skull and the pin part - similar to for example the T-Rex or Carnosaurus head).

Edited by M2m

41 minutes ago, M2m said:

For the Triceratops head it seems the assembly was missed to be included in the parts pack

It’s on GitHub (and was in the pre-release packs Stephan sent me).

32 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

It’s on GitHub (and was in the pre-release packs Stephan sent me).

Whats the filename of the assembly? I can't seems to find it :)

Oh, yeah, right, that explains why I can’t load 210116.lxf but can see/use the part: there’s only the part, not the assembly.  As it’s not in LDraw, I hadn’t looked further.

Edited by SylvainLS

Ah, yesterday I re-added the *.g and *.xml files, but I forgot about the assembly file... It will be added to the pack this afternoon.

14 hours ago, Sebiron said:

Many thanks !!

By the way , speaking of triceratops I think there an issue with the head ( 40389 ) of the old version , it didn't fit in the neck-tail piece ( 40375 ) :

clipboard01_by_seblebon_decflz0-fullview

Thanks again all of you <3

Seems the heads collision at the back (neck) need to be adjusted. I will have a look at it.

Update:

Fixed - get 40389.xml from my repo and I guess it will be included in the next release.

Edited by M2m

11 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

98169 (Triceratops head assembly, should be behind the legs) and 11947 (Technic panel 2x5, should be behind the arms with pins, in front of the balloon dog).

I have to re-include the assembly file for 98169. 11947 shouldn't be included so the lxf from the pack does not include it anymore. 

2 hours ago, M2m said:

Fixed - get 40389.xml from my repo and I guess it will be included in the next release.

Yes, I'll download the files this afternoon :)

11 hours ago, suenkachun said:

so here are the remaining unsolved issues

I'll take a look at this. I think I have to update the regular LDD pallet for this.

9 hours ago, Stephan said:

FIXED!

Thanks, everything is working now.

15 hours ago, Stephan said:

I'll take a look at this. I think I have to update the regular LDD pallet for this.

Update: check Part 90639: Shell A 5M Ball Snap ø10.2 as well, if you filter Transparent the 47-Tr. Fluore.Redd. Orange one and the 297-Warm Gold one will show up, as most of their surfaces are all incorrectly painted in Transparent.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, Stephan said:

WANTED! Decorators!

like this ?

demkSPX.png

Edited by M2m

5 hours ago, M2m said:

like this ?

Yes!! Yes!! For the specialized parts and regular parts (tiles, slopes etc.).

You don't have to worry about naming; I will do that for you to make it easier  :)

14 hours ago, Stephan said:

Yes!! Yes!! For the specialized parts and regular parts (tiles, slopes etc.).

You don't have to worry about naming; I will do that for you to make it easier  :)

Hi Stephan and team,

are we going to distinguish between printed parts and stickers ? I think LDD so far only had decals for printed parts - correct me if i'm wrong. Also in that sense, does a printed part for 50746 (cheese slope) exist ? ? I only found stickers.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:38 AM, Jason C. Hand said:

Hello gang. Check this out!

I finished throwing this together in Blender a while ago. It's a custom combination of parts #10048 and #13565. The goal is to make a custom "Fourth Doctor" hair piece to use in LDD. However, I am stuck on collision and connection set-ups in Brick Studio. I placed the connection and collision where I supposed they needed to be, but once inside of LDD itself, I chose the piece and the program shutdown. Any help or assistance on the matter will be appreciated.

You can send me the xml and .g files and ill have a look.

52 minutes ago, M2m said:

are we going to distinguish between printed parts and stickers ? I think LDD so far only had decals for printed parts - correct me if i'm wrong. Also in that sense, does a printed part for 50746 (cheese slope) exist ? ? I only found stickers.

No, as in, we can add both. For 50746 two prints exist, in the Dragon Boat Race set.

If I remember correctly the small square window was/is decorable with spider webs, coming from the Monster Hunter's Haunted House stickers.

What I did to distinguish between prints and stickers, is adding a 1 pixel thick black line around the sticker png file. This makes it looking like it's lying on top of the part.

Stickered parts will be named like this: Sticker sheet ID + sticker number. If the sticker number is <10, there's no problem. If it's >10 it's a bit more tricky (mainly when wanting to add the stickered part to the custom palette.

Edited by Stephan

2 minutes ago, Stephan said:

No, as in, we can add both. For 50746 two prints exist, in the Dragon Boat Race set.

If I remember correctly the small square window was/is decorable with spider webs, coming from the Monster Hunter's Haunted House stickers.

What I did to distinguish between prints and stickers, is adding a 1 pixel thick black line around the sticker png file. This makes it looking like it's lying on top of the part.

For the Dragon boat one print is https://rebrickable.com/parts/54200pr0003/slope-30-1-x-1-x-23-cheese-slope-with-cloth-tan-ropestraps-print/

Which is the 2nd one ?

1 minute ago, M2m said:

I always use Brickset’s Database to check everything. According to them, there are actually three Printed versions of the Cheese Wedge: https://brickset.com/parts?query=Roof tile 1x1x2/3, as shown near the end of the list here (set to show 500 items before viewing).

Just now, suenkachun said:

I always use Brickset’s Database to check everything. According to them, there are actually three Printed versions of the Cheese Wedge: https://brickset.com/parts?query=Roof tile 1x1x2/3, as shown near the end of the list here (set to show 500 items before viewing).

Learnt something new :) Great tip !

29 minutes ago, M2m said:

Learnt something new

And a quick reminder that the Materials.xml gives all the RGB values for colors (which can be used to create the color of the print/sticker).

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

And a quick reminder that the Materials.xml gives all the RGB values for colors (which can be used to create the color of the print/sticker).

Ok got it. Anyway I think I'll do most of my decals in vectors (Affinity Designer for those interested - also currently 50% discount) so it should be easy to adjust colors.

Threw this together just now - font is a nearest guess but not 100% accurate:

27836-src.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202021-01-20%20at%207.42.50%20PM.png

6186782.png

And another

250x250p.jpg?1611006436.1189475

Screen%20Shot%202021-01-20%20at%208.58.53%20PM.png

6261667.png

Edited by M2m

2 hours ago, M2m said:

Ok got it. Anyway I think I'll do most of my decals in vectors (Affinity Designer for those interested - also currently 50% discount) so it should be easy to adjust colors.

Threw this together just now - font is a nearest guess but not 100% accurate:

27836-src.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202021-01-20%20at%207.42.50%20PM.png

6186782.png

Looks great! I did a quick search in Microsoft Word (latest 365 version) and found a font called “Posterama”, other than the number 5 the rest looks a tiny bit more accurate than your version, hope this helps.