21 hours ago, Sebiron said:

Hi,

Right now I am working on a Lego Dino Riders project and I really need those Triceratops parts ( head and legs ). 

I tried to install Unity Microgame to take them but it don t work because it is only for 64 bits ( I use an old windows 32 bits ).

So, it would be very helpfull if someone can share  me those 3 parts : 98170, 98172 and TriHeadc01 in .Fbx, .dat or .obj format whatever ?  

Thanks always .

Triceratops head: https://github.com/sttng/LDD-New-Parts/tree/main/1005179 - is 98169 now

1005179_mod.fbx

Please note that LDD can not handle numbers with more then 5 (or 6?) digits for parts. Thats why I ultimately renamed 1005179 to 98169. Also as Stephan mentioned the Triceratops body is not available (yet). The body which comes as part of Unity is missing all the geometry for the 'holes' where the legs get connected to and furthermore it comes without any connectivity and collision data. Both of these would have to be corrected to make the body useful. So far this has not been done.

I assume head and legs will be in the upcoming parts pack, unless there are major issues with these parts identified. So I think if you wait a littlebit you do not need to (re)create these parts by yourself.

Edited by M2m

3 hours ago, M2m said:

I assume head and legs will be in the upcoming parts pack, unless there are major issues with these parts identified. So I think if you wait a littlebit you do not need to (re)create these parts by yourself.

I sent the *.xml and *.g files yesterday. The new pack will definitely include them. I am correcting a few parts (and the translation of updated parts) before the pack will be released. I think the new pack will come this Saturday.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:30 AM, Stephan said:

I will send you the files this evening.

The new parts pack is now Being verified and improved, and will follow shortly.

Please do note that the triceratops body is not yet available.

dec8bou-5b885134-086c-4b29-8aca-e47c872b

Thanks a lot Stephan !!!

Yes I know for the body. I will try to make it with Blender. 

Thanks again <3

5 hours ago, M2m said:

Triceratops head: https://github.com/sttng/LDD-New-Parts/tree/main/1005179 - is 98169 now

1005179_mod.fbx

Please note that LDD can not handle numbers with more then 5 (or 6?) digits for parts. Thats why I ultimately renamed 1005179 to 98169. Also as Stephan mentioned the Triceratops body is not available (yet). The body which comes as part of Unity is missing all the geometry for the 'holes' where the legs get connected to and furthermore it comes without any connectivity and collision data. Both of these would have to be corrected to make the body useful. So far this has not been done.

Many thanks M2m ! 

I take the Fbx file . If you have a little time, can you send me the body .fbx file ? So I can add the holes geometry and resend you the mod file if you want. That s all I can do, I assume connectivity and collision data are made with Brick Studio ? I don t know why but Brick Studio crash with my computer ( Windows 7 pro ) when the 3d vue comes to appear.  Maybe because I can use only OpenGL 2 ? 

Anyway thanks again for the help ! 

4 hours ago, Sebiron said:

I don t know why but Brick Studio crash with my computer ( Windows 7 pro ) when the 3d vue comes to appear.  Maybe because I can use only OpenGL 2 ?

You are correct. I made Brick Studio with OpenGL 3. I didn't know OpenGL 2 was still a thing.

Ok the triceratops body is a combination of parts (picture below as reference):

• 98073 (for the main body)
  • and 5 x 41140 (the female connections: 4 legs + 1 head)

This is (in LDD terms) not an assembly I think, because:

1. no other dino body  - for example 98160 (T-Rex body) -  treats this as an assembly, but just as one big geometry
  2. there is no valid connection data or type which would 'stick' 41140 to the main body 98073 as far as my analysis goes.

tribodyc02pb01.png

Anyway I created a preliminary fbx which combines the body and female connector into one file. The connectors are not placed yet at the correct location, which is one of the challenges. For anyone interested this file is here: 

LDD-New-Parts/1005179 - is 98169 now at main · sttng/LDD-New-Parts (github.com) -  98073_41140.fbx

Most interestingly there is an xml file for 41140 (the female connector), but not for the body.

Update:

OK, I think I got the geometry kind of right. Anyway connections and collisions still pending.

98073.PNG

Questions: Anybody got the feet width, feet length, and height of this beast ? I guess the feet width is 8 studs (2 studs per feet and 4 studs space below the belly) from left to right and same for front and back ? And how about the length from front toe to back heel ? Is this also 8 studs ? These dimensions are important to get everything correct.

Update 2:

Over the night I was thinking the most likely it will still be better do create an assembly which consists of the body part and the 5 female connection parts. The reason is, that I forsee it beeing easier and quicker to move the female connectors (part 41140) around in the assembly by editing the lxfml file in a text editor to get them positioned right, compared to do the same thing in a 3D Editor (Blender) and then doing it again for the connection data in the parts editor.

By going with an assembly the already existing connection data of 41140 will be just used automatically.

I'm going to have a deeper look into this later today or tomorrow I think.

Edited by M2m

Ok I got the triceratops body with the above assembly technique done - assembly 65187 consists of 5 x 41140 and 1 x 98037:

65187.PNG

Working:

• Stud Connection on top
  • Axel Connections for feet and head

Issues:

• Collisions are very basic 
  • You can rotate out the neck / head female connection part (kind of weird)

To be checked:

• height from bottom / feet to stud connections
  • length (i.e. maybe the head needs to be move in or out)

I consider this quite a "beta" part. Anyway its now pushed to my repo.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:10 PM, M2m said:

Over the night I was thinking the most likely it will still be better do create an assembly which consists of the body part and the 5 female connection parts. The reason is, that I forsee it beeing easier and quicker to move the female connectors (part 41140) around in the assembly by editing the lxfml file in a text editor to get them positioned right, compared to do the same thing in a 3D Editor (Blender) and then doing it again for the connection data in the parts editor.

I think it's easier to make all female connectors separate meshes in Brick Editor (LDD Modder). That way they are easy to re-position when you reload the *.g and *.xml files in LDD Modder. So, then it's not an assembly, but in LDD Moddershall it still behaves as an assembly.

53 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I think it's easier to make all female connectors separate meshes in Brick Editor (LDD Modder). That way they are easy to re-position when you reload the *.g and *.xml files in LDD Modder. So, then it's not an assembly, but in LDD Moddershall it still behaves as an assembly.

In that case however I have to move all the connections and collisions as well (together with geometry). I’m case of an assembly connections and collisions move ‘automatically’ with the part. 

Edited by M2m

8 hours ago, Kuramapika1 said:

@M2m: I don't know if you checked these page, it have the size of triceratops.

These one have pics with plates around.

Hope it helps.

Thanks ! That's helpful. So now I created 2 versions for the Triceratops Body. One is assembly based for the female axle connections. The other one just has this in one geometry with sub-geos. I think the connections for the legs are correct in both files. And also in both files the connection for the head has to be verified - meaning maybe the head - and the connection respectively - maybe has to move a little to the front or maybe back.

Both are available in my parts  repository. The pure geo based is part 74132 (yellow belly). The assembly is the white belly. Both parts also could benefit from improved collisions. 

New-Parts.PNG

Added version 20210116: LINK.

This version includes 65 new parts, 61 updated parts, 6 new decorations, 5 new colors, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, a new version of MaterialNames, a new version of Materials, and a new version of CurrentMaterial!

WANTED! Decorators!

Edited by Stephan

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

This version includes 65 new parts, 61 updated parts, 6 new decorations, 5 new colors, a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, a new version of the DecorationMapping, a new version of MaterialNames, a new version of Materials, and a new version of CurrentMaterial!

WANTED! Decorators!

Wow this looks like a BIG release. One note the Duck Head (Donald Duck) is a mod of an existing part and not new :)

@polymaker 

I feel kind of silly for asking, but how can I rotate the camera in Brick Studio freely ? I couldn't find out how to do that...

Edited by M2m

5 hours ago, Stephan said:

WANTED! Decorators!

Thank you so much for the update! I just downloaded the files and everything seems to be working, but when I tried to open your 210116.lxf with the latest bricks, a message popped up once opened saying a brick could not be loaded and was removed from the model. The only file I have to manually update each time is the DecorationMapping.xml to ensure that none of my own decoration combinations are deleted, and the rest of the files are all copied over directly once extracted, so I wonder what went wrong here. Also, the UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml did not appear for me this time, so perhaps a new brick was missing somewhere.

6 hours ago, Stephan said:

WANTED! Decorators!

Thanks again Stephan!

I had inquired about the Triceratops body, but just read through some of the earlier posts. Please pardon the mixup.

Edited by Jason C. Hand

@Stephan You have mixed my first draft version of the new ferrari arch with new extender version converted from LDraw. These won't fit together. So if anyone wants to connect both things download and overwrite them from my last update.

Also there's an issue with dimensions on either new arch or white porshe one becouse new extender should fit with it but it won't. Keep this in mind for now.

Edited by Equilibrium

2 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Also, the UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml did not appear for me this time, so perhaps a new brick was missing somewhere.

Can you pm me a screenshot of the parts that do appear in the lxf?

19 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

Also there's an issue with dimensions on either new arch or white porshe one becouse new extender should fit with it but it won't. Keep this in mind for now.

I will look into this. It will be fixed in the next release which will follow shorty.

Edited by Stephan

Well, unless you can measure them in real life it won't be that easy to fix. I have taken all 3 files from LDraw library, so... I'm planing on getting ferrari set once it drops at least 30% in price so I'll measure it myself, but until then I'm just letting everyone know.

2 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

Well, unless you can measure them in real life it won't be that easy to fix. I have taken all 3 files from LDraw library, so

In the mean time I might be able to do something with the collisions.

10 hours ago, M2m said:

I feel kind of silly for asking, but how can I rotate the camera in Brick Studio freely ? I couldn't find out how to do that...

Hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse. :wink:

And you can pan the camera if you hold "shift" while pressing the middle mouse wheel button.

Edited by polymaker
added info

Thanks for another awesome update, everyone!

I would just like to point out that the brake disc 35189 seems to be lacking the connectivity to pop in into the appropriate hubs.

Hello gang. Check this out!

50843144367_39bc912a82_c.jpg

50843162612_311614ae14_c.jpg

I finished throwing this together in Blender a while ago. It's a custom combination of parts #10048 and #13565. The goal is to make a custom "Fourth Doctor" hair piece to use in LDD. However, I am stuck on collision and connection set-ups in Brick Studio. I placed the connection and collision where I supposed they needed to be, but once inside of LDD itself, I chose the piece and the program shutdown. Any help or assistance on the matter will be appreciated.

3 hours ago, polymaker said:

Hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse. :wink:

And you can pan the camera if you hold "shift" while pressing the middle mouse wheel button.

Oh ok. Now I have to figure out where the middle button is on my buttonless MacBook :pir-sceptic:

5 minutes ago, M2m said:

Oh ok. Now I have to figure out where the middle button is on my buttonless MacBook :pir-sceptic:

When I made Brick Studio it didn't really cross my mind that it could be used on a Mac. But now I know that there is also a couple of other people using it on Mac.

I remember that at some point I implemented the same camera controls as LDD but I changed it to be more like blender afterward.
If I remember correctly, I wanted to make it so that you could choose the camera rotation button (middle or right) so I'm sure the code is still there.

When I have some spare time I will try adding back that feature so you can rotate the camera!

6 hours ago, polymaker said:

When I made Brick Studio it didn't really cross my mind that it could be used on a Mac. But now I know that there is also a couple of other people using it on Mac.

I remember that at some point I implemented the same camera controls as LDD but I changed it to be more like blender afterward.
If I remember correctly, I wanted to make it so that you could choose the camera rotation button (middle or right) so I'm sure the code is still there.

When I have some spare time I will try adding back that feature so you can rotate the camera!

Don’t worry. I’m dual booting to windows. I just have to check in the mouse settings how the 3rd button setting is. 

For blender to rotate I am using the x-y-z 'hud' thing at the upper right. Not sure how difficult it is to implement this.

Also would it be possible to add Platform ID 100 (DUPLO) ?

Edited by M2m