Just now, polymaker said:

Sphere collisions were available since the start of Brick Studio.

31IzRo6.png

Uh... oh..  I feel stupid now :pir-cry_sad:

Just now, M2m said:

Uh... oh..  I feel stupid now :pir-cry_sad:

No worries :wink: I was not sure if you meant to implement a way to make sphere collisions, but the LDD primitive format already supports a sphere collision element.

Anyway, I cannot say that Brick Studio is well documented so I cannot blame you for not knowing :laugh:

On 12/21/2020 at 9:06 AM, Takanuinuva said:

I'm on 4.3.11

The parts I have in the ? boxes are friends pieces and a single technic piece. 

Note that 4.3.12 displays 4.3.11 in the about dialog. You have to check the brickset too (the correct one for the .11 is 2670)

He means the parts available in LDD, the .12 misses many parts available in .11.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:41 PM, Stephan said:

Can someone make a video on how to import *.dat files in Blender. Normal *.dat files work fine, but files that consist of subfiles, how should those be done?

Because when importing *.dat files in Blender that have subfiles, I only get parts of the complete model. How do I also import the subfiles in the correct places?

6 hours ago, Calabar said:

Note that 4.3.12 displays 4.3.11 in the about dialog. You have to check the brickset too (the correct one for the .11 is 2670)

He means the parts available in LDD, the .12 misses many parts available in .11.

I got 2670.

https://brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/ldd_version.png This is my LDD version and showing the parts in the ? mark boxes. 

I should be good like this since like I said. I don't use the friends pieces.

AFAIK, the Friends pieces are not currently official.  By that I mean not on GitHub: I don’t download the .rar everytime but they generally match.  Stephan should release them this week but has not updated the links and GitHub yet (they are ilsted in the last post in the topic).  And because he sent me a link so I can check them (mainly for ldraw.xml), I know some bits are missing in his .rar.  So maybe he made a mistake and “leaked” them somehow earlier and you caught it.

The u-joint should be complete in official releases too.

Anyway, we were also/mainly answering to badchriss: they have 4 broken categories and one category has the steering wheel as icon, a panel category, and other differences that strongly smell LDD 4.3.12 and brick version 777 to me.

3 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

The u-joint should be complete in official releases too.

The official u-joint is 61903 UNUVERSAL JOINT (Including the spelling mistake ).

The uncategorized u-joint part in the screenshot is most likely from the mod part 9244 UNIVERSAL JOINT 4L

Yes, and, BTW, assemblies can be broken in two ways: the assembly lxfml missing or a subpart xml missing.  Both lead to the present subparts to be useable as standalone, uncategorized parts.

Added version 20201222: LINK.

This version includes 30 new parts (including 2 new-for-2021 parts!! And 2 BBB train wheels!!), 4 new Duplo parts, 2 updated parts, a group image for the Duplo category, and a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette!

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Added version 20201222: LINK.

This version includes 30 new parts (including 2 new-for-2021 parts!! And 2 BBB train wheels!!), 4 new Duplo parts, 2 updated parts, a group image for the Duplo category, and a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette!

Great news for Christmas :sweet: !

58 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

What set is this from?

It's from some 2021 Technic sets: 42125.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, zweifuss said:

[CUT]

I also encountered this problem in making flexible parts. Have you solved this problem?

Edited by Calabar
Removed parts written in any language different from English. Please note that the language used in this board is English only.

This is incredible, I can't believe how many parts have been done already, not only new but going back into the old parts bin too.

Could I please request 2917, 2918 and u609? Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Qahne said:

Could I please request 2917, 2918 and u609?

I managed to do u609. 2917 is made of subparts which I am having troubles with, and 2918 I can't find?

Already 10 parts ready for the next update :D

2918 is the glass for 2917, it’s in LDraw.

Anyway, I was coming here to ask about the Friends dolls: if you build a doll (with the mermaid tail, as it’s the only one in both LDraw and LDD), the stud on top of the head is not in-system, it’s slightly back (0.02cm, 0.5LDU).  Also, with a Boy or Girl torso, the height is slightly less than 4 bricks + 2 plates (it’s okay with Man).

If the connections are aligned on the geometry, then the geometry is wrong.  Otherwise, it’s the connections that are wrong :grin::tongue:

5 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

the stud on top of the head is not in-system, it’s slightly back (0.02cm, 0.5LDU).  Also, with a Boy or Girl torso, the height is slightly less than 4 bricks + 2 plates (it’s okay with Man).

Hmm, I will check this!

Hello again. Might it be possible to add these listed below?

36762 - Black Minifigure, Hair Thick and Messy

37697 - Reddish Brown Minifigure, Hair Mid-Length and Wavy with Bangs

36806 - Light Bluish Gray Minifigure, Hair Long, Parted in Center

38451pb02 - Light Bluish Gray Minifigure, Hair Combo,  Hat with Hair Long and Straight, Dark Tan Hat with Dark Brown Tassel Pattern

37701 - Light Nougat Minifigure, Head Modified Dobby Type 2

43745 - Tan Minifigure, Head Modified Dobby Type 1 Plain (I may still have this one on my Bricksafe page. If anyone wants to include it in the next update, link is here: https://bricksafe.com/files/Pockyman30/misc./43745 [5-26-20 Update].zip)

bb0866pb01 - Medium Nougat Torso Large (New Hagrid Torso)

37784 - Dark Brown Minifigure, Hair Long and Bushy with Moustache and Beard

All of these were added in the new harry Potter subline.

14 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

2918 is the glass for 2917, it’s in LDraw.

Anyway, I was coming here to ask about the Friends dolls: if you build a doll (with the mermaid tail, as it’s the only one in both LDraw and LDD), the stud on top of the head is not in-system, it’s slightly back (0.02cm, 0.5LDU).  Also, with a Boy or Girl torso, the height is slightly less than 4 bricks + 2 plates (it’s okay with Man).

If the connections are aligned on the geometry, then the geometry is wrong.  Otherwise, it’s the connections that are wrong :grin::tongue:

I did the Friends Dolls part - the Friends mermaid tail for ex. and the hips - (and as you reckon the Legs where already there) based on the semi-official Unity parts. I also took over the connection data from Unity. So if there is a mistake its a mistake on Lego's side. Of course we can correct ourselves.

Edited by M2m