Added version 20201017: LINK.

This version includes 17 new parts, 3 updated parts, and a new version of the 2020NewPreColoredParts palette, which include 24 TECHNIC minifigures, motors, and many more!

Thanks for the update, Stephan. I would like to note 5292 still has collision issues at the back end preventing bricks to be added.

10 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I would like to note 5292 still has collision issues at the back end preventing bricks to be added.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

But the new parts aren't in the Version 20201017

Sorry guys. It is available now under the same link! I did a bunch of ctrl+z's in another folder and apparently it removed the new parts from their folder.
All fixed now :grin:

Two problems with 20201017:

1. There’s an inversion between 5292 and 42908: 42908 is the whole motor with case and axles, 5292 is the motor and part of 42908.  The assembly should then be 42908, not 5292.
  2. 6282.xml is missing in the git repository.

10 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

There’s an inversion between 5292 and 42908: 42908 is the whole motor with case and axles, 5292 is the motor and part of 42908.  The assembly should then be 42908, not 5292.

Not on BrickLink. There it's named 5292c01.

I see what you mean! In LDRAW it's 42908 for the complete assembly.

Edited by Stephan

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Not on BrickLink. There it's named 5292c01.

Well, one could say 5292c01 isn’t 5292 :tongue:

(And I submitted 5292c01.dat to LDraw as the motor + electrict plate to match “LDD’s” 42908.  I couldn’t name it 42908-something.dat, especially not -c01.dat, as it has fewer subparts than 42908.dat.)

By the way, it’s nice that assemblies’ names can have “c01” in them.

Well, there’s as much merit in keeping with BrickLink as with LDraw but as BrickLink has only one part and LDraw and now LDD have several parts, and they match, I’d keep with LDraw.  If someone is looking for “5292,” LDD will show them this assembly whether it’s the assembly’s name or the name of one of its subparts.

(Note, 6282.xml isn’t in the RAR either.  So 43461 and 43463 are “dangling” parts.)

Hi there,

First of al amazing work on getting the new parts in LDD. I recently got back into lego's and am now trying to make some designs in LDD to later build. 

As of now I am missing one part, 15459. I was hoping someone could make it and share it? 

Secondly I am seem to be unable to select the small shock absorber. It is there in the inventory but can't select it and place it in my build. Is this a known issue with an easy fix perhaps?

52 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

(Note, 6282.xml isn’t in the RAR either.  So 43461 and 43463 are “dangling” parts.)

I'll fix that as well tomorrow!

43 minutes ago, jordy19 said:

As of now I am missing one part, 15459. I was hoping someone could make it and share it?

31794 is in LDD and that basically the same part :)

Yeah that one would work just fine. But I can't find that one too. So I am either really blind or missing a download somewhere. 

You need to use LDD Extended (menu View | New themes), it’s not available in the “normal” mode.  The paint tool and colours work a bit differently but you’ll need to get used to it as many bricks aren’t available in the normal mode.

Already had that version on. I have a few parts that show up with a red triangle and exclamation mark. Could it be one of those?

If you have a warning sign on some parts, it’s because you have a damaged db.lif or db directory (it’s generally when there’s a problem in the 3D model (.g files) or because it’s missing).  Check it or go back to the original db.lif.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, SylvainLS said:

By the way, it’s nice that assemblies’ names can have “c01” in them.

Well, actually, it doesn’t exactly work.

If you use one of the new assemblies with c01 in its name (say 32283c01), you’ll see that:

1. It’s called 32283 in LDD, not 32283c01.
  2. In the LXFML, it’s still called 32283.

But, even though one of its subparts is called 32383 too, it doesn’t seem to pose any problem, even for import (export doesn’t care about assemblies, only subparts).

Still, I find that a bit confusing.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:47 PM, SylvainLS said:

If you have a warning sign on some parts, it’s because you have a damaged db.lif or db directory (it’s generally when there’s a problem in the 3D model (.g files) or because it’s missing).  Check it or go back to the original db.lif.

I uninstalled LDD and removed the whole lego folder to try a clean install. After installing I still coulnd't find the part in question. More over I tried to get the extra parts back in but it just wouldn't work anymore. Reverting back to my previous instalation did work and I managed to get the shock absorbers to work somehow. 

But i still have some warnings of broken parts, but I am unable to identify them in the dv folder based on their desciption. More over I see I am missing a 3 long axle with knob too and the 4 long axle with the round part on the third knob. 

It looks more and more like I am doing something wrong but I can't find out what. Is there any change someone with a full working library could share the db folder with me so I can get it to work? 

@jordy19

“Removed the whole LEGO folder,” which one?  The one in Program Files (x86) or the one in Users?

Also, when you reinstalled, are you sure you used 4.3.11 and not 4.3.12?  (See this thread)  I wouldn’t advise starting with a broken LDD.

The one in %appdata%/roaming. 

It is the .12 version. But I never got any message like in thread you linked. 

Thanks btw for helping me sofar. 

(Our best guess is that) 4.3.12 was made to solve the problems in the thread I linked to.  (It only exists for Windows, not Mac)

The problem is that 4.3.12 is actually 4.3.11 (so far, it’s okay) with the Brick version 777 (that’s not okay at all).  The latest official brick version that came with 4.3.11 is 2670.  That’s a lot versions and a lot of brick missing.  And it can’t update / download the latest version (it can’t even connect to internet, it keeps saying that).

So, uninstall LDD, both the program (with the desinstaller) and your settings and the db in %appdata%roaming, then install the good old 4.3.11 that you can find in the other thread.

Once it’s installed, launch it and you’ll find the parts you were looking for.  Then, you’ll be able to install the custom and modified parts and enjoy the latest LDD :classic:

Hi, I have been running myself ragged trying to fix this issue for LDD and hope that someone here can help. I have already downloaded the ldraw file found on another thread, but when I start LDD, it seems I must be missing the .dat files for the missing models in order for them to load.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find these files? I'm getting so frustrated with this but know this can be solved.

It’s really not clear what you’re trying to do.

What do you mean by the “ldraw file found on another thread”?  The ldraw.xml file?
It’s used for conversions to/from LDraw but LDD doesn’t use .dat files at all.  It only needs their names.

And while it’s true most of the 3D models for the new parts in this thread have been made from 3D models from LDraw, they have nothing to do with ldraw.xml¹ and LDD doesn’t need any .dat file to work with them.  (¹ Well, except for those of us who want to convert their LDD MOCs from/to the LDraw format.)

So, in order to help you, we need you to expand on what you want, what you do and what doesn’t work exactly.

Edited by SylvainLS