Where I can download the new parts for the Lego Digital Designer, shown on the Keytopic LDD New Parts posted from Stephan May 2020? The Links don't work. 

1 hour ago, B9N3 said:

Where I can download the new parts for the Lego Digital Designer, shown on the Keytopic LDD New Parts posted from Stephan May 2020? The Links don't work. 

Scroll down to the lasts posts,  those links all link to the same rar file.

1 hour ago, Mechbuilds said:

Really need the RC buggy motor for LDD.. Downloaded the stuff but can't find it. 

Hang on there for a few more days. The new parts pack will be released in a few days. It includes the corrected parts for the motor. 

4 hours ago, Jason C. Hand said:

It's only one part, but may be useful in the future.

Yes, it's included ;) Only thing is that I'm not sure about the depth of both holes.

Incredible job everyone! So cool to be able to use the new parts in LDD!

I have a bug report: 
188842829_2020-10-0910_49_31-Untitled_-LEGODigitalDesigner.jpg.e09e281e0ea9678d8786cb0ff241e694.jpg
All the new minifig tools seem to have some kind of problem with the connection point in the end of the bars. You should be able to put hem into the hollow studs (like I've done with the shield) but it doesn't work with any of the custom minifig waepons that I've tried.

1 hour ago, o0ger said:

All the new minifig tools seem to have some kind of problem with the connection point in the end of the bars. You should be able to put hem into the hollow studs (like I've done with the shield) but it doesn't work with any of the custom minifig waepons that I've tried.

I have the same problem with the candle piece. Maybe the wrong connection was used on the bar section... We'll have to look into that.

question here: could this method of importing new parts also be used to get all the official parts and nothing else if your copy of lego digital designer happens to not have all the parts it should due to the software not being able to connect to the internet? like i really just want access to the parts i used to have access to before on my previous computer, rather than getting these new parts. Or is it better off for me to just get these extra options i probably will end up appreciating anyways along with getting the old stuff back?

@Fool If your new installation keeps saying it can’t connect to Internet and is missing parts that were in older installation, it’s because you installed the crappy 4.3.12.

Check your LDD version (Help | About), if the brick version isn’t 2670, you’ve the wrong version of LDD.

In that case, don’t download it (again) from LEGO, they are advertising a 4.3.12 that’s actually a crippled 4.3.11 with very old bricks and that can’t update its bricks.

See this topic there’s a link to a correct copy of 4.3.11 installer and several explanations on how to install it on Windows 10 if you have troubles.  (4.3.12 seems to be an attempt to correct those installation problems but LEGO totally botched the job.)

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

@Fool If your new installation keeps saying it can’t connect to Internet and is missing parts that were in older installation, it’s because you installed the crappy 4.3.12.

Check your LDD version (Help | About), if the brick version isn’t 2670, you’ve the wrong version of LDD.

In that case, don’t download it (again) from LEGO, they are advertising a 4.3.12 that’s actually a crippled 4.3.11 with very old bricks and that can’t update its bricks.

See this topic there’s a link to a correct copy of 4.3.11 installer and several explanations on how to install it on Windows 10 if you have troubles.  (4.3.12 seems to be an attempt to correct those installation problems but LEGO totally botched the job.)

well the about section claims i am in version 4.3.11, but also that i am in brick version 777, i assume i ought not to use the workarrounds unless i have issues downloading 4.3.11 from this fellow sharing the file over drive, or?

Yep, 4.3.11 / 777 is what the 4.3.12 says once installed.

Downloading the 4.3.11 shouldn’t be a problem, it’s the installation that may fail, so you can try to install first, or you can decide to do the workarounds anyway (Flash isn’t needed at all, it seems to be here just to cause problems :grin:).

On 10/1/2020 at 2:29 AM, M2m said:

Sure. I did a video

Everything worked really well, thank you very much for the visual resource. 

Edited by Lo var Lachland

6 hours ago, Lo var Lachland said:

Everything worked really well, thank you very much for the visual resource. 

Happy it worked out for you. 

first of all, thanks, second of all i have two more questions more related to this subject:

1 how much information about the project is stored in an .lxf file and how much of it is stored in lego digital designer itself? if i tried to load an project that uses these modded parts into my unmodded vanilla editor, would the project break, or would the modded parts be fully visible and acting as normal?

2 how difficult is the process of making a new part or adding a texture to a new part? how hard is it to find a pair of textures used for the chest, load em up into photoshop and use them as a guide for making a new texture?

Hi,

I am just a beginner here.  Could you please post a direct link to the updated parts RAR file.  When I click on the original links I get a list of files not the .rar

Wondering. Would it be possible to remove bricks from LDD? Specifically could I do that? As I don't like having duplicates of the same piece that are just updated slightly.

For example. I would want to get rid of the older version of this from my LDD since I always use the newer one. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6019#T=C

Yes, that's easy to do: delete the *.xml and *.g files from the Primitives folder of the piece you want to remove.

15 hours ago, Stephan said:

Yes, that's easy to do: delete the *.xml and *.g files from the Primitives folder of the piece you want to remove.

Any idea how I can be sure which is which? So I don't remove the wrong part on accident?

The number is the Design ID.  You can also open the XML, it’s text and contains the name and category.

And assemblies are in the Assemblies directories and are LXFML files, also text files.

You may also want to move the files elsewhere first (and always keep the original db.lif safe).

I'll do that for sure. Don't want to lose them forever.

Good it works fully. I'm gonna move all the old versions of parts I don't use so I don't have to deal with duplicates

Now I wonder if I can change the default pallete that's loaded to be black instead of red.

Edited by Takanuinuva