19 hours ago, jester said:

should i add custom parts to the library too?

I think it would be best to create a rar file with your custom parts for everybody to download. I think we would like to keep 'official' and custom separated.

18 hours ago, ThorsHammer9999 said:

Part number 35480 rounded 1x2 plate with holes doesn't connect from the middle bottom

I will investigate this for you!

EDIT: Works for me, see PM.

11 hours ago, jester said:

Wait for a big update
@Stephan will prepare it very soon

Yes! Big update coming soon (hopefully today). Expect a lot of updated parts and a handful of (béta) new parts!

Edited by Stephan

Version β20200716 is now available for download!

In this version you will find: 188 updated parts that now have outlines, 13 new parts of which 4 are multi-colorable and 4 decoratable (decorations are included), and 1 updated LDD original part that is now multi-colorable and decoratable (decoration are included).

Check it out!

Hello @Stephan: I upload my parts days before to be included. Non of them have colitions, by the way. Also, I am working on the subject and trying to fix the connectivity of part 2991. Don't know how to add outlines yet. I appreciate you to include it, thanks.

Just now, Kuramapika1 said:

Hello @Stephan: I upload my parts days before to be included. Non of them have colitions, by the way. Also, I am working on the subject and trying to fix the connectivity of part 2991. Don't know how to add outlines yet. I appreciate you to include it, thanks.

I will take a look on your parts on this weekend

Just don't have time for it now

Thank @jester. About the decorations: besides of change the "decoration maping" xml, it isn't required to change LDD.paxml inside of pallet/ldd.lif? I say this because, yesterday, I take a look at it and I think it's necessary.

4 minutes ago, Kuramapika1 said:

Thank @jester. About the decorations: besides of change the "decoration maping" xml, it isn't required to change LDD.paxml inside of pallet/ldd.lif? I say this because, yesterday, I take a look at it and I think it's necessary.

i don't think that's so necessary
My decorations working fine without it

@Kuramapika1 The paxml is the brick palette for the standard mode of LDD.  It’s not used in Extended.  Someone could try to make a modern one, for instance from the infos from BL or Studio’s ADP Palette (which is 4 years old though).

Now, talking about decorations, it doesn’t seem to be working for 26678 (it works for the others).

@SylvainLS, I "play" with ldd.paxml (a copy of it) including one brick and then put it in ldd extended folder and, when run ldd, it load that brick (in extended mode). If it affects ldd standard mode I don't know.

Ah, so you copy the paxml to Extended.

Normally: LDD.lif contains the info for the standard mode and LDDExtended.lif contains the info for Extended.  The paxml contains all the colour info and the fully decorated parts (fully = with the correct decors combinations) that can be used in the standard mode.  Extended doesn’t have a paxml (normally) because it allows to use all the parts, all the colours and all the decors (each decor limited to the right part and location on the part but you can mix the decors).

If I copy the paxml into LDDExtended, what I get is:

1. A lot of parts are missing.
  2. The parts first appear in the default “standard” colour, not the usual red.  As soon as a colour is chosen for the palette, it works as usual.

Conclusion: I don’t think it’s a good idea to use a paxml (especially a bad one) with Extended.

Edited by SylvainLS

Unless you copy the full and add the parts you need.

But as you say, it's a bad idea and  impractical; you need to correct a lot.

Fun fact: If you enable logging* in the preference.ini (Verbose=1) you will see that there is a bunch of part that cannot be loaded from the LDD palette (ldd.paxml).

It turns out that most of them are actually alias ID of existing bricks, which means that the aliases in the primitive XML are not used.

* The log is written to a file named "DCLTrace.txt" inside the "LEGO Company" folder.

Another fun fact: If you manually put a sub-assembly part in the LDD palette file (e.g. suspension body or piston) it will not load in the palette as long as there is an assembly using this part.

A quick and dirty solution to this is to create an assembly with the same ID as the part and only have the part inside.

@SylvainLS are the new bricks being added all safe for Blueprint? I know there was a breakthrough getting parts working (and I'm LOVING having the new parts) and they all work flawlessly with Blueprint. I just don't want to break anything with the new sets. 

3 hours ago, Corellian Corvette said:

@SylvainLS are the new bricks being added all safe for Blueprint?

Don’t know, haven’t used Blueprint in ages.

I started with updating bigfigs

Bane has some outlines issues but I hope it will be corrected later

Image.

Edited by Calabar

Does anyone know if the .xml file is copy-able over to Mac Computers? I've had conflicting reports from different users I have been conversing with through Discord. I assume the .xml is the same but kept in a different file location. I'm obviously not going to ask for the download file if it doesn't work.

8 hours ago, Jason C. Hand said:

@polymaker I downloaded the LDD Brick Studio app. Are there any tutorials on how to use it???

No sadly, I haven't had the time to do that. I may do a video walk-through in the future but for now you have to poke around and experiment.

26 minutes ago, polymaker said:

No sadly, I haven't had the time to do that. I may do a video walk-through in the future but for now you have to poke around and experiment.

Ok, thanks.

I just followed the instructions and added all the packs to my LDD. Awesome job, everyone!

I would just like to ask if there's a way to have all the updated parts in a single pack, so we don't have to download the packs one by one?

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I just followed the instructions and added all the packs to my LDD. Awesome job, everyone!

I would just like to ask if there's a way to have all the updated parts in a single pack, so we don't have to download the packs one by one?

Yes, I will implement such a pack :)

On 7/20/2020 at 9:15 AM, Stephan said:

Yes, I will implement such a pack :)

@Stephan I was always curious how you chose to do this. Why do you have all these different packs? I don't understand why you don't just overwrite the existing pack every time... isn't every new one always an improvement on the next? I don't see why anyone would want to go back to an old one. Also, Github automatically keeps older versions (history) anyway, so if someone wanted an older pack, they could just pick one from the history. It think it'd be a cleaner approach if it's always just one pack to download. Think about this one year from now... what if someone discovers this thread then? It's confusing to open the zip file and have all these folders in there. The dozens of us that are lucky enough to follow this thread since the beginning have an easier time to update than the new people that just discovered this. Perhaps it's time to think of another approach... perhaps an app that compares your current folder to something online, and then only downloads the updated files... or something?

I don't know maybe I'm a rambling old man, but that's a way I see it. I appreciate your cataloging efforts, don't get me wrong, I just don't think the method is quite right. Maybe someone like @polymaker might have a better idea of how to download new parts in a cleaner fashion.

Just now, zweifuss said:

It's confusing to open the zip file and have all these folders in there.

Yes, even more so when there are files to delete.

Just now, zweifuss said:

only downloads the updated files

That’s what a “git pull” does on a “standard” git repository.  But then, forcing the use of git isn’t userfriendly.