I added in some of the new parts. And now one of my files won't load and crashes LDD. I think it's the wheelchair wheels that are crashing it. Can someone go into the ldd file and delele them for me? I have a lot of stuff in that file and would hate to lose it.

Nvm the wheel itself crashes LDD for me so had to delete the primitive. Anyone know what the file for the old wheel was?

Edited by Takanuinuva

22 hours ago, JopieK said:

Welcome to Eurobricks, the report function is only used if you think some post is violating rules. I now use Studio (bricklink) on my Mac.

Sorry, I'm a new user of forum. I was trying to understand if there was a procedure similar to Windows to update the LDD database for Mac. It is a pity not to use the new pieces also on Mac

3 hours ago, Marco_Flower said:

Sorry, I'm a new user of forum. I was trying to understand if there was a procedure similar to Windows to update the LDD database for Mac. It is a pity not to use the new pieces also on Mac

I’m using a Mac and have no problem with using the new bricks. Just extract the db.lif file. This will create a folder called db. Rename the db.lif file to something like #db.lif (so LDD won’t load it) and place the relevant files from the custom bricks into the respective sub folders of the db directory. 

3 hours ago, Marco_Flower said:

No problem. Well I don't know exactly, but after some struggles I have moved to Studio, also a vivid Mac user. Hope there will be an ARM port soon though.

2 hours ago, JopieK said:

No problem. Well I don't know exactly, but after some struggles I have moved to Studio, also a vivid Mac user. Hope there will be an ARM port soon though.

I've just found out that "Studio" was not referring to my software (Brick Studio) :facepalm:

I tried it real quick and it looks great!

It may be a little off-topic but are there some things that LDD does better than Studio?

From what I've seen so far, it has connections and collisions, and is actively maintained. So I'm wondering if there's still any reason to keep using LDD.

34 minutes ago, polymaker said:

are there some things that LDD does better than Studio?

For starters, LDD doesn’t need a powerful PC with a powerful discrete GPU just so you can put three bricks together.  (i7 laptop here, with IGP: LDD works well even with thousands of bricks; Studio, I need to lower the quality, and then, the fan is still going like crazy and the UI is just usable for small things.)

I won’t talk about the UI, it’s like every LEGO CAD: some love it, some hate it, and any opinion in between.

The Studio developers communicate a bit more than BrickLink (which is still not much) but they work the same way: adding new features instead of solving old bugs.  So it’s progressing but has growing pains.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:46 PM, jester said:

Look what i have here)

Image.

That's awesome, was Sonic not in LDD before? Nice work separating all the colour maps out, looks perfect.

Edited by Calabar

On 7/13/2020 at 9:46 PM, jester said:

Look what i have here)

Image.

??

21 hours ago, jester said:

Or maybe Classic Electro?)

Image.

And Classic Hawkeye ?)

Image.

That's what's up!! Good one!

Edited by Calabar

1 hour ago, jester said:

Hey guys!
what about Marvel's Medusa wig?)

These are AWESOME! How are you making these?? 

Just now, JGuy said:

These are AWESOME! How are you making these?? 

with brick studio

the link and instructions are in the thread

maybe we can index those?

@jester

Maybe we could add a third pack including fan.made parts, but at the moment I think it is better to focus on the official bricks.
We could discuss about fan made parts in the "custom bricks club" conversation. :wink:

PS: according to the forum's guidelines, the images you are posting are too large. I'll change them to text link temporarily.

I think I made progress with the 32296 tire, it looks better now in LDD. I played around with the meshes... but the ridges still look messed up. 640x589.jpg