46 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Maybe it's cause I don't have the latest one? I don't yet have the batman accessory pack. Waiting on a PM for that.

Yea don't have the latest one. Missing 20603. 

Parts pack 200520v2 is available for download. But 20603 was already in 200520v1. It works for me. Batman parts were also already available in v1. Did you close/restart your LDD?

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

3671: typo in the list, it’s 367 for BL and LDraw, not 361.

Fixed.

16 hours ago, Toitoine said:

Thanks Jester94 & M2m for you answers but I don't understand how to proceed on OS X. 

Hi Toitoine.

Get LIFExtractor.py  https://github.com/sttng/LIF-Extractor

run the python script from command line:

python LIFExtractor.py /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/LEGO\ Company/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/db.lif

Then copy the files of the pack into the respective subdirectories of the created db folder: /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/LEGO\ Company/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/db/

Thats about it

On another note I am making progress to get the new parts working with my LDD to Renderman converter.

newspartstest_filtered.jpg

Edited by M2m

10 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I wonder if it would be possible to add new decortaions/printing. 

It is definitely possible to have new decorations on existing pieces that can be decorated, you simply have to add it to the decorations folder and then add a line specifying the image and the part number you want it on in the Decorations Mapping file.

What I'm wondering is how to add new surfaces to put decorations onto parts that have not in the past been able to be decorated in LDD. @jester any clue on how to add these surfaces?

Edited by JGuy

50 minutes ago, JGuy said:

It is definitely possible to have new decorations on existing pieces that can be decorated, you simply have to add it to the decorations folder and then add a line specifying the image and the part number you want it on in the Decorations Mapping file.

What I'm wondering is how to add new surfaces to put decorations onto parts that have not in the past been able to be decorated in LDD. @jester any clue on how to add these surfaces?

You would need to add UV mapping coordinates to the .g files. Unsure if the current .g converter supports that.

Details of the .g (geometry format): https://github.com/sttng/LDD/blob/master/doc/g-file-format.md

7 hours ago, M2m said:

Hi Toitoine.

Get LIFExtractor.py  https://github.com/sttng/LIF-Extractor

run the python script from command line:

python LIFExtractor.py /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/LEGO\ Company/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/db.lif

Then copy the files of the pack into the respective subdirectories of the created db folder: /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/LEGO\ Company/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/db/

Thats about it

Thanks for your great help M2m but it still doesn't work for me, sure I made some mistakes:

- downloading LIFExtractor adds a ".html" extension after .py extension, so I delete it, right ?

- Do i need to let LIFExtractor.py in "Download" folder before to run the script or copy it in "Users/toitoine/Library/Application\ Support LEGO\ Company LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/" ?

- when I try to run the script in terminal, (python LIFExtractor.py /Users/toitoine/Library/Application\ Support LEGO\ Company LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/db.lif) I have an error: 

python: can't open file 'LIFExtractor.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

1 hour ago, Toitoine said:

- downloading LIFExtractor adds a ".html" extension after .py extension, so I delete it, right ? 

Supposedly not right. If the file is saved as .html probably you are downloading a web page and not a pyton script.
Access the page and find there the link to download the script, the link provided above by M2m is not a direct link to the file but to the project page.

Edited by Calabar

new here. i made a registration because i want to add all the new files to my digital designer but i am unable to send private messages. what can i do or else stephan can you please reach out for me and send me the link for the new parts. best regards!

24 minutes ago, BerenSaelor said:

new here. i made a registration because i want to add all the new files to my digital designer but i am unable to send private messages. what can i do or else stephan can you please reach out for me and send me the link for the new parts. best regards!

Everything you need is in this other topic (BUT DON’T POST THERE AND COME BACK HERE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS!): 

3 hours ago, M2m said:

ok downloaded (safari wanted to add a .txt when saving :sceptic:

but what must I do with this file after ? in what location/folder must I put it ?

I copy and past the path of db.lif in the Terminal like that:

MacBook-Pro-de-Toitoine:~ Toitoine$ python LIFExtractor.py /Users/Toitoine/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/db.lif

python: can't open file 'LIFExtractor.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

it's give me an error and nothing else. Sorry for my insistance.

No problem. You must first go to the folder where you downloaded the file in terminal. 
most likely it’s in your downloads folder. So first:

cd ~/Downloads

Then:

python LIFExtractor.py /Users/Toitoine/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/db.lif

I know being new with terminal / command line is a little bit complex :wink:

8 hours ago, BerenSaelor said:

I'll send the complete file very soon.

Edited by Stephan

1 hour ago, M2m said:

No problem. You must first go to the folder where you downloaded the file in terminal. 
most likely it’s in your downloads folder. So first:

cd ~/Downloads

Then:

python LIFExtractor.py /Users/Toitoine/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/db.lif

I know being new with terminal / command line is a little bit complex :wink:

Thanks M2m understood !

i had just to change the blancs between words by an "anti slash" and it works, many thanks. :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, M2m said:

Have 2 fixes (Fixed connections on the top):

Will check and add these changes in the next parts pack.

Hello Stephan!

I am also new to the forum and unable to send PMs at the moment.  Would you be able to send me the complete parts file when convenient?

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Hey dude!

I just discovered your work and I think you may be interested to know that I have made an almost complete editor for LDD parts.

You can edit the model and connections at the same time and output the G and XML files directly into LDD primitives.

I've managed to reverse engineer the whole G format and I can generate the data to render edges/outlines on the bricks.

My software is still in progress but I have already made a bunch of missing parts (but not as much as you)

I also managed to create flexible parts but only by script.

If you are interested checkout my github project: https://github.com/Polymaker/ldd-modder/tree/v2

Brick%20Editor%20Preview%201.pngBrick%20Editor%20Preview%202.png

Hello @polymaker: I am the first to share your work here. I appreciate it a lot but jester "discovered" how to become parts multicolorable and refuse to share the finding, the question is: do you know how to do that and want to share it? I give you a lot of thanks!!!

Edited by Kuramapika1

@Kuramapika1 "Colorable" parts are the same as part with decals.
They are the "g1", "g2", "g3" (etc) files. Each surface that can be colored or have a decal must be in a separate file. The format of those files is slightly different from the the "g" files as they include texture coordinates (even if decals are not needed).

If your question was about how to make them yourself, it is not possible without a software or script to generate them.

Thank you for your answer. Then, how jester can make colorable parts? He/she can create .g1, .g2, etc in some way.

2 hours ago, Kuramapika1 said:

Thank you for your answer. Then, how jester can make colorable parts? He/she can create .g1, .g2, etc in some way.

He is using a program called Brick.Creator.v0.1c-alpha (which was developed by Polymaker by the way) - its in the google drive jester shared. And also of course in the github of Polymaker who developed it originally,

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TvqeAikmMU0THUCc0a4YNScICgjd7kiV

Basically to transform a single colored part into a multi colored one would mean to break up on .g file into multiple .g .g1 .g2 etc files (one .gX file for each different color). It should be relatively straight forward with a 3D editor and I assume Brick.Creator.v0.1c-alpha can do that. I can't test myself because I am on macOS.

@Poly do you think you can make a more current release ? Also a macOS Port would be great (one can dream :pir-laugh:)

Cheers