25 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

:thumbup:

@jester 1 little problem with 377203 (37720c): the bar connection is too low by 0.16mm.377203_off.png

Also, one question: as the parts’ geometries are from LDraw, I was expecting straightforward transformations (identity) when adding the parts to ldraw.xml.  They certainly are not.   How is the parts’ center calculated?  Is it automatic / out of your control, or a result of your making process?

Nope
I manually write the code

I corrected the part
new one is on Google drive

Edited by jester

23 minutes ago, jester said:

Nope
I manually write the code

How do you find the center / rotation?  Why is it different from LDraw’s?

(Sorry for the edit of the previous post while you were answering :D)

5 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

How do you find the center / rotation?  Why is it different from LDraw’s?

(Sorry for the edit of the previous post while you were answering :D)

I find the coordinates in Blender

Besides, the reason of adding new parts:

QPVUXc4.png

Edited by jester

@jester Is there any way you could show us the process of adding a piece? I would definitely try to contribute if I knew how! 

2 hours ago, jester said:

I corrected the part
new one is on Google drive

New one will be downloadable today (in a few hours).

2 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

And 611904 (61190d.dat) and 611905 (61190e.dat) already were in LDD as, respectively, 63586 and 63585.  That’s a problem for ldraw.xml as the parts aren’t oriented the same way.

I will check this and will add a reference to the original LDD parts.

2 hours ago, jester said:

I find the coordinates in Blender

Besides, the reason of adding new parts:

QPVUXc4.png

Wow that's awesome, in LDD! Very cool... so, can this be added to the Official Sets in LDD topic, or would that be against the rules since it's modified LDD? Will be an interesting discussion...think about all the sets that can be updated now.

6 minutes ago, zweifuss said:

Wow that's awesome, in LDD! Very cool... so, can this be added to the Official Sets in LDD topic, or would that be against the rules since it's modified LDD? Will be an interesting discussion...think about all the sets that can be updated now.

We're waiting for @Calabar answer, if we can make this topic -> key topic

@Stephan: Could you make a new post here (if not in the main topic) when parts are added?  Otherwise, we don’t know about it.

Also, I know it’s more work but it’s a big archive to download (and unrar), so could you devise some way to provide only the latest parts?  (Maybe links to the needed files (.xml and .g) for the newest parts?)

8 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Minifig Skirt 36036 doesn’t work (error in display, invisible).

are you sure that you put all files correctly? try ti put 36036 again and restart ldd

47 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

@Stephan: Could you make a new post here (if not in the main topic) when parts are added?  Otherwise, we don’t know about it.

Also, I know it’s more work but it’s a big archive to download (and unrar), so could you devise some way to provide only the latest parts?  (Maybe links to the needed files (.xml and .g) for the newest parts?)

I think I can split the rar files into semi daily files with only the newest parts. I will not do it for each part separately since then it's no longer a 'parts pack'.

43 minutes ago, jester said:

are you sure that you put all files correctly? try ti put 36036 again and restart ldd

Yes, the .g is simply missing in the .rar :grin:

29 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I think I can split the rar files into semi daily files with only the newest parts. I will not do it for each part separately since then it's no longer a 'parts pack'.

I was mostly thinking about the future, when you’ll have only one part per week or so.

Sure, for now, as you’re adding many parts at once, it doesn’t change much.

3 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Yes, the .g is simply missing in the .rar 

Yes, the .g file is not yet available :P

3 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Sure, for now, as you’re adding many parts at once, it doesn’t change much.

I'll create something easy anyway :P Just to find out what works best.

I still puzzle how to make two-color details and how to edit .G files

Upd.

After 3 hours, I DID IT! :pir_laugh2:

gsZB338.png

Edited by jester

14 minutes ago, Kuramapika1 said:

How do you do that? Can you explain the process?

It's a a big procedure

i'm thinking of making video of the process

I rarely visit Eurobricks these days, I was googling for something else and somehow stumbled across this. Absolutely amazing, thank you for your work in continuing to support LDD after LEGO has abandoned it. I'd love for this to become a more permanent fixture in  the lego community, have you thought of setting up a website for it? exclusive of eurobricks with community driven support?

35787 has collision problems: I can’t use 2 to make a 2x2 square (or use it with any other plate with a cut corner).

6 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

35787 has collision problems: I can’t use 2 to make a 2x2 square (or use it with any other plate with a cut corner).

Yes you're right, you can't put these tiles on any plates... even after the fix. The two corners that are half-studs are probably not configured for connectivity. I can do this:

image.png.e1f0c739caad75d3ae1a9b769535a637.png But I can't do this: image.png.f5da366dad0faefc920836d5e66eeb71.png

I looked a bit and I think the problem is the reverse: there’s connectivity set for these half-antistud, so when one is connected to a stud, the stud is occupied and can’t be used by another half-antistud.

The other cut plates don’t have connectivity on their cut-antistuds.  Which is more accurate because IRL there’s no clutch.

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

I looked a bit and I think the problem is the reverse: there’s connectivity set for these half-antistud, so when one is connected to a stud, the stud is occupied and can’t be used by another half-antistud.

The other cut plates don’t have connectivity on their cut-antistuds.  Which is more accurate because IRL there’s no clutch.

OH ok, so the connectivity on those two half-antistuds needs to be removed basically, to fix this part.... It'd be nice if we had a collaborative platform where anyone can make an edit, and not have to wait for someone like @jester to fix the part.

Or an explanation of the format for a start because I really don’t want to reverse-engineer it myself :grin: