41 minutes ago, Calabar said:

It is possible to share these parts so that everyone could add it to LDD with a simple procedure?

It would be very interesting to open an indexed topic with the new parts or, even better, a "pack" maintained by an expert user, it could give new life to LDD.

Good idea.

If there’s an “official” main repository and list, I will add them to ldraw.xml (I can’t usefully do that if everybody does their own version).

8 hours ago, Calabar said:

It is possible to share these parts so that everyone could add it to LDD with a simple procedure?

It would be very interesting to open an indexed topic with the new parts or, even better, a "pack" maintained by an expert user, it could give new life to LDD.

I don't know where the parts are coming from but remember that assets coming from mecabricks are not allowed to be redistributed.

3 minutes ago, Scrubs said:

I don't know where the parts are coming from but remember that assets coming from mecabricks are not allowed to be redistributed.

Don't worry, I use only Ldraw parts)

5 minutes ago, jester said:

Perfect :pir-wink:

@jester

One question: do you add the connection to the *.xml file?

Also, I think it is useful to add the number of the parts and a "wanted" part list.

Here my parts that I added several months ago:

My%20parts.png

7 hours ago, Kuramapika1 said:

@jester

One question: do you add the connection to the *.xml file?

Also, I think it is useful to add the number of the parts and a "wanted" part list.

Here my parts that I added several months ago:

My%20parts.png

Of course) all parts have connectivity)
Yeah i think we need to add parts list

Just now, Calabar said:

So... any volunteer to maintain the LDD Expansion pack? :grin:

Only one thing haunts me
How to monitor the addition of new parts?Maybe i should create a list or something else

1 hour ago, Calabar said:

So... any volunteer to maintain the LDD Expansion pack? :grin:

I am a full time (well, semi full time) LDD user. I could maintain an up-to-date zip file which basically includes all parts (not only the new ones) and is available for download. This file will get updated each time jester (or someone else with these amazing skills) adds a new part. That should be doable.

I can create a topic with in the first post the link to the zip file, and a list of the new parts?

I will also add a short explanation about how to add the parts.

@jester, are you OK with that? Or are you interested to put your time in that?

Edited by Stephan
Spelling error.

6 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I am a full time (well, semi full time) LDD user. I could maintain an up-to-date zip file which basically includes all parts (not only the new ones) and is available for download. This file will get updated each time jester (or someone else with these amazing skills) add a new part. That should be doable.

I can create a topic with in the first post the link to the zip file, and a list of the new parts?

I will also add a short explanation about how to add the parts.

@jester, are you OK with that? Or are you interested to put your time in that?

I'm all in attention)
also we have Russian community
can i duplicate information there?

Edited by jester

28 minutes ago, jester said:

I'm all in attention)
also we have Russian community
can i duplicate information there?

Good! I will create something this afternoon. Part list will be a table with the ID, (Bricklink) name, the person who made it available in LDD, link to Bricklink, and a column for notes.

I think you can, if it's in English :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Good! I will create something this afternoon. Part list will be a table with the ID, (Bricklink) name, the person who made it available in LDD, link to Bricklink, and a column for notes.

I think you can, if it's in English :tongue:

it's in Russian)
i'll make a translate)

I've seen the new topic created by Stephan, it seems very good.

I suggest to add a clickable thumbnail of the new parts added similar to the one provided by Superkalle when a new version of LDD's brickset was out. Is there a way to do it quickly? He used his LDD Manager to create the lxfml file containing the parts, if I remember correctly, but I'm quite sure it don't work anymore. Maybe it is possible to create a simple script to accomplish this task.

The topic could be the place where to post new parts code (maybe we could think about a common scheme, in order to facilitate the maintainer of the archive), but let's maintain this topic for discussions. I suggest to add a link to this topic in the first page, specify that every discussion have to be done here.

I have to speak with the section staff in order to add a "key topic" tag to the thread.

1 hour ago, Calabar said:

I suggest to add a clickable thumbnail of the new parts added similar to the one provided by Superkalle when a new version of LDD's brickset was out. Is there a way to do it quickly?

You mean a simple lxf file with the new parts? That's no problem!

Is there btw a easy way to edit a table here? I can't seem to find a way to do it... Drives me crazy :P

This is great news, except your link for the new parts just goes to http://C. edit: nm it's fixed now, thanks!

Edited by zweifuss

Thank you @Stephan )))

Also added:

35366 - Black Bar 2.25 x 5.25 Double Squares (BrickHeadz Glasses Square)

Edited by jester

On 5/11/2020 at 8:09 AM, jester said:

I have been quickly checking and found out that some of these elements are Mecabricks parts integrated to the LDraw library without my consent. I guess it is not your fault and it is something I need to sort out with the LDraw admins.

Wow thanks @jester and @Stephan, I have been able to install it thanks to your instructions. I have been following this thread for many years now and I'm soooooo happy to finally have something I can use. This is wonderful stuff... Since I've gotten into digital Lego, I still find LDD to be the most easy to use and user friendly environment, so it's nice to see it updated. LDCAD, Studio, and MecaBricks are nice and all, but I still think Lego's own program has that fine line between usability and fun, which other programs have not been able to duplicate. Nothing beats dragging and dropping and hearing that satisfying 'click' sound when building. Now the questions is what happened to the OP, @Equilibrium? AWOL? I would have really liked some of those pieces being worked on...

@Scrubs, sorry to hear someone has nixed your parts you created! I am a bit new to the scene, but I understand we are all builders and love this hobby, and we should all collaborate towards a common goal! I love what you're doing with your site, and I visit it frequently. I hope things get sorted out and we can all be on a parallel path towards an amicable solution. I'd hate for this fledgling project to be halted when it's come so far!

What I'd really like to see are SAILS for all those wonderful ships, now that would be a dream come true, and for that matter all those flexibly sail-like parts like dragon wings, etc. One can only dream!

Keep up the amazing work everyone and I hope to see a lot of cool new things in this thread.

Just now, GeorgeVB said:

Really cool! Waiting for the next step - two colours on 35660!

Just need to figure out how to do multicolor parts)

How can I contribute, if I want to do that?

Are you working on parts that have some sort of mobility as the universal joint or shock absorbers, pneumatic pump, etc?

6 hours ago, Kuramapika1 said:

How can I contribute, if I want to do that?

Are you working on parts that have some sort of mobility as the universal joint or shock absorbers, pneumatic pump, etc?

I'm working on System parts
Technik is not my area :D

:thumbup:

@jester 1 little problem with 377203 (37720c): the bar connection is too low by 0.16mm.377203_off.png

I can’t connect 611904 to the helmet?

611906 could have connectivity on the bole (cannon?).

And 611904 (61190d.dat) and 611905 (61190e.dat) already were in LDD as, respectively, 63586 and 63585.  That’s a problem for ldraw.xml as the parts aren’t oriented the same way.

And 626982 has no connectivity.  That’s accurate but not very useful :D

Also, one question: as the parts’ geometries are from LDraw, I was expecting straightforward transformations (identity) when adding the parts to ldraw.xml.  They certainly are not.   How is the parts’ center calculated?  Is it automatic / out of your control, or a result of your making process?

Edited by SylvainLS
other little problems