Think I finally cracked the code!

49161490731_3a068680ac.jpg

49161726797_4609700b98.jpg

Fiddled around with the XML files I created for Nos. 36840 and 36841; these results are the best that I could muster, though still must figure out how to fit pieces underneath 36841, as I am running into collision issues. Anyways, hope you enjoy what you see!

Edited by Jason C. Hand

20 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Is there a download link available for some of these parts? I would love to be able to use them in my LDD.

Hello Brick Cucumber,

No, there is no download link for the parts at this time, as I am still working out issues with at least one piece I was able to put into the program :sad: Once I can get that squared away, I'll definitely supply a link for the pieces in question.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, Jason C. Hand said:

Think I finally cracked the code!

49161490731_3a068680ac.jpg

49161726797_4609700b98.jpg

Fiddled around with the XML files I created for Nos. 36840 and 36841; these results are the best that I could muster, though still must figure out how to fit pieces underneath 36841, as I am running into collision issues. Anyways, hope you enjoy what you see!

Were you able to decode the ‘Connectivity’ Section of the xml file ?

I want to use it to place a logo on studs in my renderer but can’t figure out the code of Custom2DField. Except that type 23 is for “Stud” connections. But what the meaning of the numbers like 

18:1:1,23:4:1,29:0:1,

23:4:1,... 

Any idea ?

On 2/22/2020 at 10:07 AM, M2m said:

I want to use it to place a logo on studs in my renderer but can’t figure out the code of Custom2DField. Except that type 23 is for “Stud” connections. But what the meaning of the numbers like 

Any idea ?

No, I haven't friend. I haven't been doing much with LDD lately; been taking a rest from it. Sorry.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, M2m said:

Any idea ?

Look ay this, I thing it can help you.

13 hours ago, Kuramapika1 said:

Look ay this, I thing it can help you.

Wow! That’s exactly what I was looking for. Great link. Thanks !

Hello, I followed the instructions and it worked to import a new piece into LDD but the piece seems very tiny, how can I fix it?

I noticed that before extracting the LIF files there were pieces that now are not present, where did they go?

Also, every time I add a new piece should I delete the first folder under "C:\Users\]UserName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company" ?

example.PNG

Edited by tonycr

On 4/29/2020 at 5:09 PM, tonycr said:

Hello, I followed the instructions and it worked to import a new piece into LDD but the piece seems very tiny, how can I fix it?

I noticed that before extracting the LIF files there were pieces that now are not present, where did they go?

Also, every time I add a new piece should I delete the first folder under "C:\Users\]UserName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company" ?

example.PNG

I have the same problem...

Here's some clarification on where LDD reads its data from and how it works - in short, when it comes to parts modding, color modding, etc, you shouldn't be touching the Assets.lif file in Program Files at all, it's db.lif in AppData that gets used - be sure to read the full post though: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/7899-ldd-updatingpatching/

Edited by jamesster

To change size, in blender, go to import, choose ldraw and (in under the file path) there is the scale option; put it in 0.04 more or less.

Thank you for tutorial guys!!!

121.thumb.png.5f21c2ad4c19b62edbf1901b57974571.png

The next question is: how to create decoration map for new parts (or simplier - two-colored parts like 35660)

Edited by jester

Sorry for maybe spamming, but i can't stop :laugh:

cfgxuXh.png

Edited by jester

Just now, Stephan said:

You're not spamming. This is amazing :pir-grin:

already added 64 parts....

OMG... And I'm even struggling to get 1 working :rofl:

Which parts did you add?

Edited by Stephan

On 5/9/2020 at 10:05 AM, Stephan said:

OMG... And I'm even struggling to get 1 working :rofl:

Which parts did you add?

My small update for last 3 days *huh*

awQ6YUz.jpg

Edited by jester

5 minutes ago, jester said:

My small update for last 3 days *huh*

I managed to do these parts. I couldn't manage to do the more complex parts (taken from LDraw...):

Added%20parts.png

On 5/9/2020 at 12:30 PM, Stephan said:

I managed to do these parts. I couldn't manage to do the more complex parts (taken from LDraw...):

I'm a quick study.

Also forgot those parts
uAKHFG2.jpg

Edited by jester

3 minutes ago, jester said:

I'm a quick study.

Also forgot this one

Awesome. I hope I will get that far!

9 hours ago, Stephan said:

Added%20parts.png

If anyone is interested in these parts, please let me know. I don't know if I'll be able to do it as good as Jester though :blush:

It is possible to share these parts so that everyone could add it to LDD with a simple procedure?

It would be very interesting to open an indexed topic with the new parts or, even better, a "pack" maintained by an expert user, it could give new life to LDD.

@jester
It seems that the image hosting you are using don't support hotlinks, it is necessary to copy the image url and paste it in the address bar in order to see the image. Maybe you could use a LEGO related file hosting such brickshelf or bricksafe.

Edited by Calabar

5 minutes ago, Calabar said:

It is possible to share these parts so that everyone could add it to LDD with a simple procedure?

It would be very interesting to open an indexed topic with the new parts or, even better, a "pack" maintained by an expert user, it could give new life to LDD.

@jester
It seems that the image hosting you are using don't support hotlinks, it is necessary to copy the image url and paste it in the address bar in order to see the image. Maybe you could use a LEGO related file hosting such brickshelf or bricksafe.

New parts - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TvqeAikmMU0THUCc0a4YNScICgjd7kiV

I'll take a look what  i can do with images, thanks!

Also update for today

qq0bBhk.png

Edited by jester