Any way you could add the new elements form the Spike set, the cookies, new frames and 28 tooth gear?

It has been almost a year since the last update. Hopefully we'll get another, and if we do, there will be broken bricks. I think your work might still be useful.

8 hours ago, monkeyjay2003 said:

It has been almost a year since the last update. Hopefully we'll get another, and if we do, there will be broken bricks. I think your work might still be useful.

15 months.

Hope springs eternal….

Equilibrium I  wonder where the connection data of parts is stored in the .g* files or in the  xml. I would like to use the connection data to add a Lego-Logo on studs (on my renderman / obj converter), thinking that studs are connections.

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Is there somebody else that could do this?

Do you know Polymaker work on github? Here is the link to the Release; it's in alpha state but something is something and he/she (don't know the gender) keep working on the code on a frequent basis.

I hope I have helped.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:00 AM, Kuramapika1 said:

Do you know Polymaker work on github? Here is the link to the Release; it's in alpha state but something is something and he/she (don't know the gender) keep working on the code on a frequent basis.

I hope I have helped.

Any tutorials on how this stuff works?

Hello Jason C. Hand: here is a basic explanation on how I use it.

1. Download it, obviously.
  2. I use blender with the ldraw *.dat (and other formar, too) add-on. You need to download the add-on.
  3. Then download the ldraw parts library (official and unofficial).
  4. In blender: go to import and configure the add-on in your preference; be sure to choose the path of the ldraw parts library in order to load the parts properly.
  5. When you do that, and select your favorite part, go to export and choose one of the two format (collada or wavefront). Save it in a location you remember.
  6. Open the "brick creator": the button "add mesh" is the one how keep you choose the file exported previously. Then, choose the Id, name, platform and group of tour desire; select "create brick" and choose the folder you want to save it. As far as I know it can't create *.g* files.
  7. Be warned: the *.xml lacks of the collition and connection, so in order to make the part connect with others you need to find a similar *.xml part in LDD primitive folder, copying it and paste in yours, and arrange it ALL of this manually.
  8. Finaly copy and paste the *.xml and *.g files in the LDD primitive folder and enjoy the part.

I hope it help you.

Edited by Kuramapika1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, Kuramapika1 said:

Hello Jason C. Hand: here is a basic explanation on how I use it.

1. Download it, obviously.
  2. I use blender with the ldraw *.dat (and other formar, too) add-on. You need to download the add-on.
  3. Then download the ldraw parts library (official and unofficial).
  4. In blender: go to import and configure the add-on in your preference; be sure to choose the path of the ldraw parts library in order to load the parts properly.
  5. When you do that, and select your favorite part, go to export and choose one of the two format (collada or wavefront). Save it in a location you remember.
  6. Open the "brick creator": the button "add mesh" is the one how keep you choose the file exported previously. Then, choose the Id, name, platform and group of tour desire; select "create brick" and choose the folder you want to save it. As far as I know it can't create *.g* files.
  7. Be warned: the *.xml lacks of the collition and connection, so in order to make the part connect with others you need to find a similar *.xml part in LDD primitive folder, copying it and paste in yours, and arrange it ALL of this manually.
  8. Finaly copy and paste the *.xml and *.g files in the LDD primitive folder and enjoy the part.

I hope it help you.

Quick question: Where would the LDD Primitive folder be located??

It is located in the path you installed LDD. In order to access it, you need to extract the assets.lif file (with lif extractor software, it create a folder with the same name), rename the file or move it to another location.

Inside these new folder you finde a file named db.lif (repeate the same with assets.lif). In the db folder it's the primitive folder in where you can move the *.XML and, in LOD0 folder, the *.g files

Then you need to go to "C:\Users\]UserName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company" and deleite the first folder; open LDD and (if all goes well) you can enjoy the part.

10 minutes ago, Kuramapika1 said:

It is located in the path you installed LDD. In order to access it, you need to extract the assets.lif file (with lif extractor software, it create a folder with the same name), rename the file or move it to another location.

Inside these new folder you finde a file named db.lif (repeate the same with assets.lif). In the db folder it's the primitive folder in where you can move the *.XML and, in LOD0 folder, the *.g files

Then you need to go to "C:\Users\]UserName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company" and deleite the first folder; open LDD and (if all goes well) you can enjoy the part.

Thank you again :)

In the imprort option, at the left in where you choose the preferences, there's one in where you can write the path of the ldraw folder; example: "C:\user\[username]\ldraw" (I wrote it wrongly before: it isn't the path for ldraw library, my apologize).

Hope it work now.

I imported two new pieces into LDD:

49113048996_f48e8b49d6.jpg

These are 36840 (Bracket 1x1 Inverted) and 36841 (Bracket 1x1). However:

49113048906_cdcd834631.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this??