Hi everyone,

I am quite new on this forum so I thought that the best way to say hello will be to present some MOC. I came back to being interested in Lego Technic after two decades of dark ages, as you call it in here. After recovering and putting on the shelf my childhood technic sets I bought couple of present ones. Oh man, so many things have happened in Lego Technic during this twenty years. But back to the business. I started to build something of my own. This is my third creation which I hope is good enough to show you guys (I think that the first two ones do not deserve on separate topic, but at the very end of this post I will write a couple words about them and give links to photos. Mainly to show some of my progress/development, I guess).

After buying tractor tires my first thought was: I will build Russian ATV – SHERP (at that time I didn't know it is so popular among Lego designers). And here it is – my creation of this small ATV monster. I tried to achieve the low center of the gravity and at the same time plenty of power. That is why I used 2 XL motors connected directly to portal hubs and I skipped differentials. I was afraid that this amount of torque and this size of wheels will cause this small gears to slip. I also wish to mention that the starting inspiration was Kevin’s Moo Orange Sherp, which gave me an idea of general shape of the body and smart and compact way to distribute propulsion between wheel axes. So big thanks to him. More details are listed below, if you have some questions, I will be happy to answer (Please have in mind that my part collection isn't large. To build Sherp I used 3 sets, supported by a couple of small orders from bricklink). I hope you like what you see :classic:

Details and functions:

- scale: 1:14 (approximately)

- weight: 1369 g

- dimensions L x W x H: 29 x 25 x 23 studs

- clearance: 5 studs

- hill climbing capacity: max 30 degrees (tested)

- RC, communication via BT

- power source: Buwizz 2.0 (but plenty of space to use Lego PF)

- skid steering

- drive: 2 XL motors (one per side), geared down 3:1, all-wheel drive

- working front lights

- openable front and rear hatch (with stops preventing from pushing hatches to the inside of the vehicle)

- easy changeable gear ratio to adjust speed/torque (red axes in portal hubs)

Status: assembled, part count not known, no instructions (but I am pretty sure that thanks to photos most of you are able to replicate this creation, it is not very sophisticated :laugh:)

Video:

Some photos:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

More photos can by found here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/keymaker/3.-sherp

This are promised couple of words about my first two creations. They are using wheels from my sets from childhood and parts from 42065 and 42069.

- The first one – The Jeep. Goals: must be RC, must use those nice wheels from set 8286 and it must have a lot of functions. The result can be found under link, with the description and photos.

https://bricksafe.com/pages/keymaker/1.-jeep

- The second one – The Rally car. Goals: still RC, let’s make some good use of wheels from set 8414, it should be smaller, faster and prettier than my first creation :laugh: The result can be found under link, with the description and photos.

https://bricksafe.com/pages/keymaker/2.-rally-car

Edited by keymaker

If I remember correctly, original can drive over water...but for yours it is enough that it is very good representation of real thing. Good work :thumbup:

Thank you. Driving over water is indeed the feature of the real thing, but it wasn't my goal. My Sherp is to heavy, tires are not able to keep the vehicle on water and motors are placed too low. But in case of moving I believe that hill climbing capacity - 30 degrees is quite ok for such a short wheel base.

Edited by keymaker

The most important thing is that you are satisfied with h your moc; that is a point of hobby :classic:

Very nice looking MOC, with lot of nice details ! Your hesitation in presenting this was not at all justified :classic: Photos are also very good. Only video is missing. I am sure XL motors driving these wheels via a portal hub will give it a lot of oomph. Should be fun to play with.

I have found some clips and convinced myself to put some effort to prepare video related to this MOC :)

work.jpg

Great work, it's very clean and robust looking. Now all you need are the Kanye/Ray West minifigures to put in the cockpit. :tongue:

I like this one, too :-)

Seems like a really robust built, which can easily withstand rolling over and heavy use. Also the drive looks like a good compromise between speed and torque, good job!

As the rims are already yellow, maybe you can use some yellow liftarms or even panels to add some colour accents here and there?

@arieben @Jundis Thank you for kind words. This is one of my first MOCs, at least the first I decided to capture on video. Back then, when I was building it, my part base was pretty limited. Now the situation is better so I have more possibilities to adjust color scheme in my present MOCs.

Great job. The details in the passenger areas are a really nice touch.