Anio

UCS Rey's Speeder

Hi there !

Here is the latest model I designed : UCS Rey's Speeder.

47061179661_aa8d1beb86_b.jpgUCS Rey's Speeder by Anio, sur Flickr

33185899818_647d90d8fa_b.jpgUCS Rey's Speeder by Anio, sur Flickr

47061179951_76dda49dd0_b.jpgUCS Rey's Speeder by Anio, sur Flickr

FlickR gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/albums/72157706574879425

Brickshelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=576847

It is a 1,541 part MOC, and it is 40 cm long.

Reproducing precisely the round shape of Rey's Speeder and having all the tiny details was not easy.

I tried my best to make the building process modular :

28.JPG

The model is design so that it can have studs on the top, on the sides, on the front, and underside.

29.JPG

47061178931_0e60413c55_b.jpgUCS Rey's Speeder by Anio, sur Flickr

One of the trickiest part of the design process was having a round shape in 3 directions : width, height, and length.

I also combined Technic and studfull to have strong engines at the rear.

45.JPG

33185900858_763dd80334_b.jpgUCS Rey's Speeder by Anio, sur Flickr

I am quite happy with all the scrap stuff in the cargo net. I used the strangest part that came to my mind : Technic hub, driving ring, barrels, gears, etc.

And I did a UCS sticker of course. :)

I hope instructions will be available in a near future.

If you have any question, feel free to ask. :)

Great design. I love all the roundness of it.

I was naturally comparing it to dmarkng's one. Of course it's just my opinion, but yours is no question much better. It is also very interesting, that the piece count of yours is 1541; dmarkng's over 5500 whilst they seem to be pretty the same size.

Anyways - I would be very happy to have it in my collection. Waiting for the instructions!

Can you estimate the cost of the bricks necessary?

Well done!

Was hoping for a cockpit/screen solution but i guess its quite limited with parts.

You painted some of the parts? The dome and tiles?

17 minutes ago, barneius said:

Great design. I love all the roundness of it.

I was naturally comparing it to dmarkng's one. Of course it's just my opinion, but yours is no question much better. It is also very interesting, that the piece count of yours is 1541; dmarkng's over 5500 whilst they seem to be pretty the same size.

Anyways - I would be very happy to have it in my collection. Waiting for the instructions!

Can you estimate the cost of the bricks necessary?

Not sure why but rebrickable has that piece count. 

My current one with Interior + Stand sits at 1500+

3 minutes ago, dmarkng said:

Not sure why but rebrickable has that piece count. 

My current one with Interior + Stand sits at 1500+

I was just wondering how come there are over 5500 bricks at yours. Seemed impossible unless you used just 1x1 plates inside :) Now that explains everything. Thx. Have you tried to fix it with rebrickable?

Just now, barneius said:

I was just wondering how come there are over 5500 bricks at yours. Seemed impossible unless you used just 1x1 plates inside :) Now that explains everything. Thx. Have you tried to fix it with rebrickable?

lol i tried a few times and gave up. 

i even state there to contact me for the parts list instead. not sure why it **** up every time just for that one.

Great work Anio! Looks very sleek! Wonder how it would look with the buildable figure on it???

Thank you guys. =)

15 hours ago, dmarkng said:

Was hoping for a cockpit/screen solution but i guess its quite limited with parts.

You painted some of the parts? The dome and tiles?

Yes, 4 refs had to be painted. The dome you mentionned for example.

The windscreen is not ideal indeed. I spent hours trying every windscreen TLG ever produced, and concluded that this one was the best option.

With side view it is pretty good. From rear view, it is too angular though.

10 hours ago, Reaper said:

Wonder how it would look with the buildable figure on it???

Rey might fit on the model. Didn't try though, as I don't have any buildable figure.

I'm not much of a star wars fan but a quick look at some references shows the level of detail you have achieved, well done! I particularly like the greebling on the front left corner and the part use for the footboards. Also the colour change on the rear stabiliser(?) is very good.

When I first saw the thread I thought I'd seen it already but of course that was the MOC of dmarkng. Looking at the internal construction of yours do you think it would be possible to model the interior as he has?

9 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

The design and build are so simple but the detail is so good! 

Thanks !

Yeah, I put a lot of effort to optimize the model both regarding the building process and the details.

1 hour ago, ukbajadave said:

well done! I particularly like the greebling on the front left corner and the part use for the footboards. Also the colour change on the rear stabiliser(?) is very good.

When I first saw the thread I thought I'd seen it already but of course that was the MOC of dmarkng. Looking at the internal construction of yours do you think it would be possible to model the interior as he has?

Thanks. :)

The core of the build is 6 stud wide, and I think it should'nt be too hard to make it more hollow to have a 4 stud wide room inside it.

The problem would be to have access at the inside from the outside. I think that modifying the side panels so that they are articulated or openable would both joepardize their integrity and their details.

7 minutes ago, Tjs2000 said:

What part did you use for the cargo net?  Was it Lego?

Looks like two 10x10 square nets connected with strings with a stud on each end.

On 1/29/2024 at 5:20 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Looks like two 10x10 square nets connected with strings with a stud on each end.

They are indeed.
Both are connected with a string snaking so as to make a 10x19 net.