Ayrlego

[Cor Feb FB2] Brickworks, Port Woodhouse (LDD)

Port Woodhouse is known for its whitewashed stucco buildings, constructed from local clay fired bricks, rendered and white washed. Until now, the bricks had been made in small batches for individual projects as required. As the settlement grows however, the need for bricks continues to increase past the this capacity. Luckily good quality clay is plentiful, so the military administration has commissioned a brickworks to mass produce bricks to meet this growing need.

32166838707_7ea1e2d316_c.jpg

Here the clay is shaped, soaked and dried then fired into high quality bricks. With a now study supply of bricks, perhaps the settlement will emerge from it's sleepy growth and continue to grow in size.

________

A LDD build I have been working on over the last couple of weeks. Quite possibly the last in a while depending on how my laptop goes with rendering.... To be licensed as a large factory in Port Woodhouse

Another :thumbup:

the twin chimneys are killers. The brick's outlining add a lot to the render !

Did you use bluerender or another software ? I'm very curious/jealous of this beautiful picture !!

The best part about this is those chimneys, hands down.  Nice low angle roof design too.  Makes the buildings look relatively small, until you look at the minifigure.

Fantastic build! Another realistic period-appropriate factory! As others have noted, the chimneys are the highlight, but it is all well done. Nice attention to detail in the walls, and I think the digital definition of the white bricks actually enhances the build over how it would look in real bricks, but it would look stunning in that form, too, I am sure. Again, fantastic MOC! :thumbup::thumbup:

I for one think we need more renders of just the chimneys! 

There's a ton of great detailing in this.  The pond is an interesting touch as well.   About the only thing I don't like is the way you connected the oxen.  I would have rather seen a headlight brick used and a small bar connection with clips to lower the hitching system 

Very nice layout. The chimneys are the highlight, but the whole arrangement looks good and the overall color scheme is great. Too bad we can't have another view!

Nice build! 

I love the lay out of the different parts of the buildings, like it has grown over time. also the pond with the drain is a great part.