Retro

Jango Fett Slave 1

Hi All,

I was reading the comments on the leak of the new Boba Fett Slave 1 and saw that a lot of people wished it were Jango's. Since I own 8097 I thought I would try to modernise it a bit and turn it into Jango's at the same time. 

I was helped by the fact that bizarrely some of the pieces of 7153 turned up some time ago in my parents' house despite me never owning it!

Thanks to Rich Peperell and Peter for their designs which I copied and used for inspiration. I am not a master builder or photographer, this was just me having fun. 

20190214_21531320190214_21534220190214_21533020190214_21493720190214_21490820190214_21485220190214_214737

Nice model! I'm personally biased towards Jango' Slave I models just because they come rarely, but this is really good looking one.

And I wish such bizarre things were happening to me :D Usually it goes the other way.

Yes, it was the strangest thing. My parents are in their 70s. In amongst my early 80s childhood Lego in their house, which I hadn't touched for 30 years, I discovered the skirt pieces for Jango's ship, some of the white pieces, young Boba minifigure and the torso of Jango himself - chewed by some human or animal! Also a few pieces from 7113 Tusken Raider Attack. None of them mine...

Great model! Makes good use of snot on the underside! It looks kinda similar to the UCS!

Edited by Reaper

This is really well done, especially the underside. Recolour mods are some of my favourites because they're so simple yet can really breathe new life into an old model.

11 hours ago, Reaper said:

Great model! Makes good use of snot on the underside! It looks kinda similar to the UCS!

Thanks Reaper, what a nice thing to say! I usually just build with the parts that I have. But I found buying one or two Brickheadz is a great way of stocking up on snot bricks. The problem is my son is always dismayed at me taking apart perfectly cool Brickheadz just to use the bits!

7 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

This is really well done, especially the underside. Recolour mods are some of my favourites because they're so simple yet can really breathe new life into an old model.

Thanks Drongo, you're right. There are also some great other colour schemes for Firespray Class ships available on the internet, aren't there? As a child I used to do lots of sketches of Formula 1 cars with different colour schemes and sponsors. Same fun idea.

I like it, didn't know it was possible with little parts to convert the set into something so much more pleasing!

Nice, I really like it!

I have always wanted the original and was too young to buy it back then.  I just bought some of the original parts off bricklink, to start my own. 

2 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

Nice, I really like it!

I have always wanted the original and was too young to buy it back then.  I just bought some of the original parts off bricklink, to start my own. 

That's great. I'm sure yours will be slicker than mine! Looking forward to seeing pictures. It's very important to make swooshing noises and hum the Kamino music while you're building it. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, Retro said:

That's great. I'm sure yours will be slicker than mine! Looking forward to seeing pictures. It's very important to make swooshing noises and hum the Kamino music while you're building it. 

it will feature more similar to the UCS Slave, so it may be a bit slicker. Yours is very sleek itself!

lol. I will have to think back to what that even sounds like. Im just thinking the "pew pew pew" noises, when it's shooting at Obi Wan.

19 hours ago, jeffreywilfong said:

this looks great.

Thanks. 

19 hours ago, jeffreywilfong said:

whats next?

Give me a chance! :classic: A re-coloured shuttle and a modified Millennium Falcon...depending on how presentable the photos look...