Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

Avalonia mini contest entry

Alright, I hope I'm doing this right.

My tree is a bit overhanging, I hope that's ok, I read that a little bit wasn't a big problem, I don't know if this is.

46380714194_04d3a7d17c_b.jpgWilfred Sigurds, Tree, right by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Wilfred Sigurd, Lord of Oxenfurt and father of 1 son(Robert Sigurd, my sigfig), wants to lay claim on the throne of Avalonia!

This tree, planted by Wilfred and his wife, is the only thing that keeps Wilfreds mind peaceful. 
Wilfred´s wife died, years ago, when Robert was only a child.

Wilfred was once like Robert, let the sword talk, politics are for boys and war is for men.

Wilfred was always away from home.

Conquering land in name of Avalonia. His way of fighting was frightening for most of his opponents.

When Wilfred came home one day, on his horse, pride as he was, he saw many of his citizens and batallions were sick.

He rode to his stronghold, and ran, he ran as fast as he could to the dining-room, his wife, his little boy, they weren’t there.

He ran on the great stairs to the bedroom. There she was, laying sick on their bed.

Surrounded by maids and a medicine man. Wilfred walked up to their bed, he kneeled and took his wifes hand.

He couldn’t believe his eyes. 

She asked him, with her last breath : 

“ Please my dear husband, lay down the sword, find your peace here on our land and take care of our son.”

Wilfred answered with trembling lips and tears in his eyes :

“My dear, dear wife, if that is what you wish, consider it done. I will lay down my sword and I will find a peaceful life. I love you so much.”

Wilfred had never shown so much emotions.

His wife smiled and looked him in the eyes, she said to him :

“It’s ok my dear husband, I love you too, and take care of our first planted tree.”

She closed her eyes and the once so warm hands started to get cold.

She was gone.

Wilfred kept his word. He walked up to the little tree, took his sword and shield and layed them in front of it. 

The days, months, and years after this unknown desease he started to learn politics, he learned it can be useful in some cases.

He did this as tribute to his wife. His beloved wife, who always told him that war isn’t always the right answer.

Now, years later he still goes to that tree, as it keeps his mind calm and clear.

His sword and shield still stands on the same spot where he put them that day.

Loved by his men, by his inhabitans, he made Oxenfurt a sparkling place.

33229159168_2eb01c2a7b_c.jpgWilfred Sigurds tree, left by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Contest thread

Okay, so this is wonderful.  I love seeing someone use that tree trunk technique, and this story is quite well done and interesting! The overhang certainly looks nice, and I wouldn't expect it to be a problem with the judges, hope you do well!

Very nice scene, mate, great job with the tree and vegetation!  I'm glad to see more people using that trunk technique too (though it's too parts intensive for the likes of me :grin:) - makes for really organic and realistic-looking trees!

I'll be an echo... great tree! :laugh:  Looks very lush and droopy and I can almost hear the wind through it. :thumbup: 

Way to set the bar high for these entries!  The tree looks awesome, especially the trunk, and I love the flowers.  This is a really nice, clean build that captures the lush Avalonian countryside I think.  Great job!

14 hours ago, Grover said:

Way to set the bar high for these entries! 

hahaha true this one :laugh:

and well, I won't exactly echo the others aboput that tree: I find it awesome too and saw it before, but I'm too much of a noob to know how the tech works exactly :blush: I can spot some bars and clips..

Quite of a moving story too, I actually felt a bit sad when reading! (yes, I'm the romantic type... sometimes! :grin:)

On 2/15/2019 at 6:52 PM, W Navarre said:

Okay, so this is wonderful.  I love seeing someone use that tree trunk technique, and this story is quite well done and interesting! The overhang certainly looks nice, and I wouldn't expect it to be a problem with the judges, hope you do well!

Thanks mate! I want that throne badly:laugh:

On 2/15/2019 at 7:20 PM, Garmadon said:

Very nice scene, mate, great job with the tree and vegetation!  I'm glad to see more people using that trunk technique too (though it's too parts intensive for the likes of me :grin:) - makes for really organic and realistic-looking trees!

Thank you! And yes it takes alot of parts lol.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:13 PM, The Last of Nergoue said:

Wow, that tree is really great looking!

On 2/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, Kai NRG said:

I'll be an echo... great tree! :laugh:  Looks very lush and droopy and I can almost hear the wind through it. :thumbup: 

Hehehe, thank you!

On 2/15/2019 at 10:07 PM, Grover said:

Way to set the bar high for these entries!  The tree looks awesome, especially the trunk, and I love the flowers.  This is a really nice, clean build that captures the lush Avalonian countryside I think.  Great job!

Thanks! I can't wait for the other entries, I'm pretty excited for this mini contest.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:26 PM, en_zoo said:

hahaha true this one :laugh:

and well, I won't exactly echo the others aboput that tree: I find it awesome too and saw it before, but I'm too much of a noob to know how the tech works exactly :blush: I can spot some bars and clips..

Quite of a moving story too, I actually felt a bit sad when reading! (yes, I'm the romantic type... sometimes! :grin:)

Thank you mate! I'm a novice myself, so if I can do it, you certainly can lol.

Glad you liked the story too!

A wonderful little scene, with lots of different plants and one of the best trees I have ever seen. Unfortunately my own vignette would have to compete against in round two without a glance of a chance. But that’s not really a problem, as The Donkey will not reach round two :grin:

Really a good job!

Edited by derEselausErgste

The tree is awesome! Is just me, or anyone even think about, the contrast. This tree is made, mostly, out of little axes, which is a tool for cutting a tree. Such irony I think. :D 

Stunning tree!

Full Plate's design is perfectly suited to Avalonia, and you did a marvelous job with the flowers and plants in the landscape too :thumbup: